PDA

View Full Version : Track in progress - Feedback wanted!

teknorich
22-05-2010, 05:36 PM
A good friend of mine has uploaded a track to Soundcloud looking for feedback and pointers, so I wanted to get you lot on the case.

cherryclau - Ugh (dark wonky techno) - SoundCloud (http://soundcloud.com/cherryclau/ugh)

It is the first track she's ever put up publicly, so be gentle! It's not been mastered yet, so the levels are out in places, but any advice on that is also welcome. Oh, and the bassline was just on loop for the last minute or so, so ignore that part, is not meant to be in the track, she was just being lazy :;

It's a very mechanical, industrial sounding track that conjures up images of heavy machinery and robotic cycles, and I like the variation in the bass lines a lot (1st one coming in around 1:30, next one around 2mins, then taking over from each other through the remainder of the track).

She doesn't post on BOA, so pls leave comments on Soundcloud itself, cheers!
(If you don't have a soundcloud login then put up any tips here and I'll pass them on)

Cheers in advance for feedback and advice!

DannyBlack
27-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Rich! Heya mate, had a listen to this the other night- I will bang it out again tonight and see if I can offer anything constructive :-)

teknorich
27-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice one, cheers for that! Tbh, she's only been playing with Cubase for about 8 or 9 months, so it's a bit rough and ready, but any advice or tips would be great. Thanks for taking the time mate.

teknorich
27-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Btw, I listened to your "Hippo..." tune on Soundcloud today. Crazy title, but quality bassline! :biggrin:

278d7e64a374de26f==