PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Down a track written in reason

curly
11-06-2010, 04:13 PM
My mate has been writing tracks in reason for many a year, and loves it.

I asked him if i could try and mix the tracks down for him, mainly so i can pratice.

The problem I am having is i have bounced all the stems down to 24 bit wav files. then inported them into ableton. I have turned the warping off on all the tracks. but when i play them it sounds like there are timing issues between the tracks. not sure what i am doing wrong. I am very new to reason (never used it before).

not sure if i have bounced the stem incorrectly, or if i should be using rewire.

has anyone any experience of this and can help?

Jay Pace
11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Hmmm I've had this before doing stem mixes. Can't remember exactly how I fixed it either, but you have to do things to the samples so that they aren't warped - and make sure they all have the same bpm reading on them. Sometimes ableton unhelpfully assigns them a different BPM and speeds them up a little bit.

It is fixable, most likely a bpm issue that you have to override.

curly
11-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply jp

I have sorted it

it was me being a nob, er sorry ment to write noob at reason.

When the tracks were written there is an area at the start of the arangement where the parts are written, then the track starts later on. I was trying to export the audio as loops with the loop markers set around the track.

When I exported the stems as songs the timing issues are resolved :)

now i can get on with the task at hand.

eppertheleper
11-06-2010, 05:25 PM
On a similar note, how is Propellerhead's Recording software? I've received several emails, but haven't really looked at it in-depth.

278d7e64a374de26f==