PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury techno

APC
18-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Hello,

I've seen the lineup for Glastonbury this year, including the smaller stages in Arcadia or whatever it's called. I haven't knowingly seen much in the way of techno aside from the odd minimal act. Crystal Distortion and the Desert Storm dj's will surely be good. But has anyone heard of anyone more 4x4 playing who hasn't been mentioned on the lineups?

basslinejunkie
21-06-2010, 10:22 AM
they usually always have good techno dj's, the likes of surgeon, ben sims an a few others played there last year etc. keep your eyes open im sure a few will be playing

APC
21-06-2010, 07:28 PM
they usually always have good techno dj's, the likes of surgeon, ben sims an a few others played there last year etc. keep your eyes open im sure a few will be playing

None of that on the lineup.

There are a "special guest" gaps in the smaller stages which could prove fruitful. There is a stage called "London Underground" which seems to be the harder type music. Problem is it seems to be drum and bass and dubstep. I did notice though that a well known techno name updated his status to suggest he might be off to Glasto today so whether it's as a punter or as a live act..........

Obviously Glastonbury isn't all about having techno, there's plenty of other stuff there. But, I hardly go out anymore and there seems to be everything but techno there this year. Fingers crossed, I'm sure I'll have a great time anyway.

qUE
24-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Nah, Glastonbury has never had good Techno. You pay through the nose for acts that are promoted as the bees knees when infact they're as far from the real stuff as you can get. Everything stays underground, anyone worth their salt wouldn't sell their soul for the sake of making it as a "global" DJ.

Of course, I'll probably eat my words if it ever happend to me, but I doubt it very much :)

Best act I saw there ever, although it was probably the fantastic stimulants I got my hands on (not at the festival I might add). Was coldcut, they played during the day, it was all breaks/cuts/hardcore, they probably could have played anything, but I didn't give a shit. System 7 were also quite good. '95 was a good year for me and it wasn't even proper Techno!

Although, coldcut have heritage with the same british computer systems I grew up with so that probably boosted their image :D

Other than that, I can't believe the prices people pay for Glastonbury. My dad was at the first one and that was free. I've managed to blag hospitality pretty much all the times I've been, but even then it was nowhere near the prices now. Crazy.

basslinejunkie
25-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Nah, Glastonbury has never had good Techno. You pay through the nose for acts that are promoted as the bees knees when infact they're as far from the real stuff as you can get. Everything stays underground, anyone worth their salt wouldn't sell their soul for the sake of making it as a "global" DJ.

Of course, I'll probably eat my words if it ever happend to me, but I doubt it very much :)

Best act I saw there ever, although it was probably the fantastic stimulants I got my hands on (not at the festival I might add). Was coldcut, they played during the day, it was all breaks/cuts/hardcore, they probably could have played anything, but I didn't give a shit. System 7 were also quite good. '95 was a good year for me and it wasn't even proper Techno!

Although, coldcut have heritage with the same british computer systems I grew up with so that probably boosted their image :D

Other than that, I can't believe the prices people pay for Glastonbury. My dad was at the first one and that was free. I've managed to blag hospitality pretty much all the times I've been, but even then it was nowhere near the prices now. Crazy.

like i said, ben sims and a few others played there last year. they have had good techno there in the past.

im sure if you keep your eyes peeled you will spot a few playign this year.

Izz
25-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I find it odd that Glastonbury even bother to do a EDM area at all.

APC
25-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Think someone did the maths and it worked out at 14p an act. This offers proper good value for money especially if you like all the headline acts.

There are some good acts playing and I didn't resent paying to go. I first went ten years ago, before the fence. Had to sell my ticket last minute due to sudden bereavement on Tuesday night.

I'll try and go again in 2 years time when it's on again.

Numeric
01-07-2010, 02:35 PM
glastonbury is basically a pop music festival these days so it's no surprise they have no techno

278d7e64a374de26f==