PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the finals?

SlavikSvensk
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
take your pick and explain why!

DarkYoung
05-07-2010, 08:09 PM
i think they are the strongest teams.

has a date with destiny written all over it.

question is who will win Germany or Holland?

SlavikSvensk
05-07-2010, 08:21 PM
i agree, and at present it doesn't look like anyone's going to beat germany when they are playing this well.

however, i have this weird feeling in the back of my head that germany may have peaked and will go into the next match overconfident. spain could sneak in there; the have the most skill of any team remaining. on the other hand, i can't in good conscience pick against the germans again. they absolutely annihilated a good argentinean side.

DarkYoung
05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
i agree, and at present it doesn't look like anyone's going to beat germany when they are playing this well.

however, i have this weird feeling in the back of my head that germany may have peaked and will go into the next match overconfident. spain could sneak in there; the have the most skill of any team remaining. on the other hand, i can't in good conscience pick against the germans again. they absolutely annihilated a good argentinean side.

they made the Argies look weak, and somehow salvaged some credibility for England in the process.

did you know the current Dutch coach has never lost a game?

but who knows, maybe the Uruguayians have something to say?

Forlan is on fire.

SlavikSvensk
05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
forlan is, but i have trouble seeing them win without suarez. however, the dutch will be missing a few folks, possibly including van persie. but i think they have too many weapons for uruguay, and should win handily. 2-0 i think.

apparently van marwijk's first statement in 2008, when taking the job, was: "we're going to win the world cup." they haven't lost since. they can definitely beat anyone, but both spain and germany would be tough nuts to crack, as was brazil.

germany is just kicking ass and taking names at the moment, but i can't help but think they'll regress to the mean at some point. the spanish can slow the pace of play better than anyone, and have sergio ramos and iker casillas to bail them out at the back if things get hairy. like i said, i have this nagging feeling that spain could pull it off against germany. but i wouldn't put money on it after their respective quarterfinals performances.

DarkYoung
05-07-2010, 09:58 PM
germany is just kicking ass and taking names at the moment, but i can't help but think they'll regress to the mean at some point. the spanish can slow the pace of play better than anyone, and have sergio ramos and iker casillas to bail them out at the back if things get hairy. like i said, i have this nagging feeling that spain could pull it off against germany. but i wouldn't put money on it after their respective quarterfinals performances.

talk about hedging your bets!!

those dago's haven't got the bottle.

SlavikSvensk
05-07-2010, 10:03 PM
basically my gut says spain and my head says germany. the oldest conflict!

so far the results are ambiguous in gut/head conflicts: my gut was right about the netherlands over brazil, and my head was wrong about argentina/germany. but my head was right on ghana/USA.

so i'm going with head over gut here (due to the exact reason you mention) and picking germany. but it's an uncomfortable pick, as my gut is screaming Espana.

DarkYoung
05-07-2010, 10:06 PM
basically my gut says spain and my head says germany. the oldest conflict!

so far the results are ambiguous in gut/head conflicts: my gut was right about the netherlands over brazil, and my head was wrong about argentina/germany. but my head was right on ghana/USA.

so i'm going with head over gut here (due to the exact reason you mention) and picking germany. but it's an uncomfortable pick, as my gut is screaming Espana.
lolz. i'd like Germany to win.

i think they have played some beautiful football and deserve to win.

do Spain look like they are going to peak and Gemrnay wane?

who knows anything can happen.

Muller misses the Germany game. So i think thats a big plus for Spain.

tell you what i'll go for for Spain.

David Villa to score and Torres to score. Spain 2 Germany 1

SlavikSvensk
05-07-2010, 10:36 PM
i wouldn't be shocked if spain won, or if germany crushed them either. i guess the only result that would surprise me would be spain drubbing germany like 3-0.

my head is saying german speed and power over spanish flair, but my gut keeps telling me germany won't be able to muster another performance like the last one, while spain will be better than they were against paraguay. but how--exactly--can anyone in their right mind go for a wobbly spanish side against an on-form german one?! ARG!

DarkYoung
05-07-2010, 10:51 PM
i wouldn't be shocked if spain won, or if germany crushed them either. i guess the only result that would surprise me would be spain drubbing germany like 3-0.

my head is saying german speed and power over spanish flair, but my gut keeps telling me germany won't be able to muster another performance like the last one, while spain will be better than they were against paraguay. but how--exactly--can anyone in their right mind go for a wobbly spanish side against an on-form german one?! ARG!
no muller - no win?

torres hits form and gets some fitness.

DannyBlack
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Spain= shit. Uruguay=shit. Holand and Germany- good.

Esox Lucius
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
germany will win it, i like dutch people but i wouldnt support holland with them being orange and king billy of cunt being from there.

djfilthmonger
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Germans all the way. Netherlands will win tonight id say. stronger teams

SlavikSvensk
06-07-2010, 05:10 PM
f*ck it, i can't stand the nagging itch in the back of my head. i'm going for spain to pull it off against germany. do i feel like i'm potentially making a horrible decision backing spain? yes! but it just feels right. spain, unlike argentina or england, can play defense, and they've got he best attacking midfielder in the game in xabi. still wary of their ability to put it in the net, as well as their lack of "bottle," as dy pointed out. but hey...the octopus is on board, so that clinches it for me.

spain 2-1

goals by david villa and torres, with klose getting his 15th for germany.

DarkYoung
06-07-2010, 06:59 PM
f*ck it, i can't stand the nagging itch in the back of my head. i'm going for spain to pull it off against germany. do i feel like i'm potentially making a horrible decision backing spain? yes! but it just feels right. spain, unlike argentina or england, can play defense, and they've got he best attacking midfielder in the game in xabi. still wary of their ability to put it in the net, as well as their lack of "bottle," as dy pointed out. but hey...the octopus is on board, so that clinches it for me.

spain 2-1

goals by david villa and torres, with klose getting his 15th for germany.

hey i said 2-1 spain earlier in the thread?

great minds think alike?

SlavikSvensk
06-07-2010, 07:15 PM
it just feels right, doesn't it?

germany feels like brazil to me right now...they're incredibly talented and are punking fools but mainly by piling it on when they already have the lead. what happens if they're down a goal, or it's 0-0 late and spain are hogging the ball? mueller is out, which isn't a deal breaker for germany but will hurt. some of the other guys are young and may not have figured out how to handle a dogfight yet.

it feels strange...almost hallucinatory...to pick a wobbly spanish side over an ass-kicking germany one, but it just feels right.

DarkYoung
06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
it just feels right, doesn't it?

folie a deux more like the logical score has to be about 4-1 to Germany given the previous results.

SlavikSvensk
06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
yes it should. but my instinct tells me it won't.

Esox Lucius
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
germans will rape the spanish and the dutch. will be wearing me germany jersey tonight watching the game.

DannyBlack
07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Bye bye uruguay. Dirty bunch of ****s got their asses handed to them.

SlavikSvensk
07-07-2010, 04:19 PM
it was sort of karmic retribution, but i thought they made a game of it

DannyBlack
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
They did but it was incredibly nice to see the dutch beat them. Fair play to the Dutch, they have been playing very well indeed. Germany and Spain tonight, I cannot wait.

SlavikSvensk
07-07-2010, 04:34 PM
yup this should be a good one.

C.O.Prodigy
07-07-2010, 09:56 PM
folie a deux more like the logical score has to be about 4-1 to Germany given the previous results.

yes it should. but my instinct tells me it won't.

You retards only got that feeling after seeing the pole results.

;p

SlavikSvensk
07-07-2010, 11:31 PM
you mean the poll when everyone said they thought germany would win? logically, it did look that way, based on the quarters performance. but i couldn't help but think spain posed a different kind of threat than argentina or england. you know, the kind that knows how to play defense! but my head kept saying "hold on there, you're really going to back spain over germany?! history FTW?!"

but once paul said his piece, i knew my gut was right. as we said on the first page:

Muller misses the Germany game. So i think thats a big plus for Spain.

tell you what i'll go for for Spain.

spain, unlike argentina or england, can play defense, and they've got he best attacking midfielder in the game in xabi. still wary of their ability to put it in the net, as well as their lack of "bottle," as dy pointed out. but hey...the octopus is on board, so that clinches it for me.

germany feels like brazil to me right now...they're incredibly talented and are punking fools but mainly by piling it on when they already have the lead. what happens if they're down a goal, or it's 0-0 late and spain are hogging the ball? mueller is out, which isn't a deal breaker for germany but will hurt. some of the other guys are young and may not have figured out how to handle a dogfight yet.

it feels strange...almost hallucinatory...to pick a wobbly spanish side over an ass-kicking germany one, but it just feels right.

think all those predictions came to pass. spain were really dominant in every way except putting the goal in the net. if pedro was a little less selfish, it would have been 2-0. of course germany did have a few good chances and never gave up. but as DY said, germany missed Mueller and couldn't crack the spanish defense. the best side on the pitch today won.

plus the officiating was actually good for once!

C.O.Prodigy
07-07-2010, 11:58 PM
plus the officiating was actually good for once!

Agreed.

SlavikSvensk
08-07-2010, 12:13 AM
i love it when players fall down and the ref just motions for them to get up

DarkYoung
08-07-2010, 12:39 AM
You retards only got that feeling after seeing the pole results.

;p

check your pm's and reply.

SlavikSvensk
08-07-2010, 12:47 AM
is no one else amazed by paul's perfect record, btw?

he's improved over the past 2 years

During the 2008 European Championship, he predicted 80 percent of all German games right

Esox Lucius
08-07-2010, 08:37 AM
basque occupying gypsy bastards

DannyBlack
08-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Holy shit. I can't believe it. I'm in shock. What happened to Germany? They went from insanely good to switched off.

It's games like that make me think that footie is rigged.

SlavikSvensk
08-07-2010, 04:59 PM
they were still good. spain were just better in the right ways.

unlike england and argentina, they can play defense.

C.O.Prodigy
09-07-2010, 12:36 AM
check your pm's and reply.

ditto

DarkYoung
09-07-2010, 12:43 AM
ditto

ahem. u didnt reply to my other pm. i asked you for a direct translation for that comment in serb/croat.

that reply was from some hot serbian bird who took offence to my chat up line.

C.O.Prodigy
09-07-2010, 01:23 AM
ahem. u didnt reply to my other pm. i asked you for a direct translation for that comment in serb/croat.

that reply was from some hot serbian bird who took offence to my chat up line.

never got it.. got a blank pm.. send it again.

DarkYoung
09-07-2010, 08:52 AM
never got it.. got a blank pm.. send it again.
ne Ã*rkáljál!!

thats what it said. it wont google translate.

but it think it is something offensive.

i only said hello.

SlavikSvensk
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
DY: that's not serbo-croatian, that's hungarian.

DarkYoung
09-07-2010, 02:27 PM
DY: that's not serbo-croatian, that's hungarian.
lolz. wtf is she doing on a serbia fan club facebook page? feckin slag.

SlavikSvensk
10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
there's about 500,000 hungarians who live in serbia, mostly in the vojvodina region.

DarkYoung
10-07-2010, 07:03 PM
there's about 500,000 hungarians who live in serbia, mostly in the vojvodina region.
thanks for that, you know a lot of good stuff.

were they involved in the internecine wars etc?

(sorry off topic i know)

SlavikSvensk
11-07-2010, 12:34 AM
no, not really. but a lot moved to hungary after milosevic took over. i think there used to be about a million of them in yugoslavia, maybe 3/4 in serbia and the rest in croatia. not sure how many are still in croatia, but a lot lived in the slavonija region, which was one of the frontlines, so i'd imagine most left.

C.O.Prodigy
12-07-2010, 12:54 AM
srsly slavik you know alot of facts about wars.
I wish your expertise didn't exist and wars didn't happen sometimes.

an Uruguay-Spain final would have been one for the record books, spectacular.

278d7e64a374de26f==