PDA

View Full Version : Darkside ROCKED!

MARKEG
14-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Wow. Leeds needs this, it really does. I only caught about 2 hrs of the night but everyone I spoke to was so happy to be there and be a part of it. It was a really great atmosphere - lots of different types of people in there loving everything about the music.

I think musically, Darkside is going to impress alot of people in the future. Paul's obviously not afraid to take risks and I think that's what techno is all about. Oscar Mulero is the next headliner and I swear to god I really want to see this guy play. His last track on Warm Up is so hard but so dark. I reckon he'll impress everyone with a selection of seriously industrial shit that'll have everyone climbing the walls, but we'll have to see!!!

FULL respect to Paul. I for one am a Darkside convert. Interested to hear everyone elses views ;)

The Divide
14-02-2004, 02:32 PM
I expected a good night and it surpassed my expectations. I can really see something special taking place. The people that were there knew what they were getting instead of having that uncertain feeling that you get with some of the clubs in this area. It’s exactly what Leeds needs. Seriously blew my mind and I can’t wait to go to the next one.

It may not be the Orbit venue, but I really don’t care. Its time we had a good change in this area.

*As posted on the other thread :lol:

The Divide
14-02-2004, 02:34 PM
And Mark, good to see ya there!!!!!! I bet its like a breath of fresh air being able to be on the dancefloor and bang one out. :lol: :lol: Go on ya slut :lol:

*Ohhh look The edit buttons back again* :shock:

The Divide
14-02-2004, 02:36 PM
:notworthy:

plincit
14-02-2004, 02:51 PM
forgot to ask.
my camera never made it to the club last night. if anyone took pictures please mail me and i'll sort you some recs or cds for copies.

The Divide
14-02-2004, 03:19 PM
We've got some, not many tho.

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/Darkside/03.JPG

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/Darkside/04.JPG

Oliver Ho...

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/Darkside/05.JPG

Coll and Jonny..

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/Darkside/02.JPG

Some cunts... :lol:

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/Darkside/06.JPG

The Divide
14-02-2004, 03:19 PM
On the house :lol:

plincit
14-02-2004, 03:22 PM
We've got some, not many tho.

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/Darkside/03.JPG

plincit
14-02-2004, 03:23 PM
could've got their arses in fernando!
what a waste of a picture.

Col
14-02-2004, 04:27 PM
ha ha ha, it was a great night, awesome turnout.

i really enjoyed the oliver ho set, although i left at about 3.00. and it was nice to finally catch up with furn, johnny, and sam. sorry i left without saying goodbye guys, i was seriously battered. i ended up staggering outside, i then threw up, before jumping in a taxi.

i still feel like shit.

Col
14-02-2004, 04:47 PM
i missed ruskin :cry: how was his set?

dan the acid man
14-02-2004, 06:15 PM
fernando, before king johnny funk goes home nick his hydraulix t-shirt for me :love: ;)

it looked like a good night :dance:

The Divide
14-02-2004, 06:50 PM
fernando, before king johnny funk goes home nick his hydraulix t-shirt for me :love: ;)

it looked like a good night :dance:

hahahaha :roll:

The Divide
14-02-2004, 06:54 PM
i really enjoyed the oliver ho set, although i left at about 3.00. and it was nice to finally catch up with furn, johnny, and sam. sorry i left without saying goodbye guys, i was seriously battered. i ended up staggering outside, i then threw up, before jumping in a taxi.

i still feel like shit.

Hahaha, yea I had a few pints myself. Wondered where you went

John Vella
15-02-2004, 12:46 PM
:love: :clap: :shock: :love: :shock: :cool:

What a great night! Had a blast with Furnee & Col & was nice to see mark & chrissi again as well!

Thanks Darkside for a great night! :)

-jOHNNY

plincit
15-02-2004, 03:37 PM
:love: :clap: :shock: :love: :shock: :cool:

What a great night! Had a blast with Furnee & Col & was nice to see mark & chrissi again as well!

Thanks Darkside for a great night! :)

-jOHNNY

cheers johnny. i kept seeing you now and then but never got a proper chance to chat. too much going on around me and nervous as hell. hopefully see you in the shop before you go home. if not then a safe journey back home, ay.

Sam_Horam
15-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Great night. Lots of potential for the future. Good turn out for the first one.

Good to meet you Col.

Props to Paul for putting it on.

Col
16-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Great night. Lots of potential for the future. Good turn out for the first one.

Good to meet you Col.

Props to Paul for putting it on.

i owe u a drink bud. we will have to meet up again, hard to have a proper convo the other night.

Analbumcover
16-02-2004, 09:49 PM
i missed ruskin :cry: how was his set?

:doh:

Ruskin's set was the reason to be there.

Very nostalgic, considering I'd not been to the Warehouse since 1990...

What really puzzled me was how quickly it started to thin out, especially considering how busy it was earlier. By the time Ruskin came on it was half empty and by the time he finished there only seemed to be about 50 people left... Can't the old orbit posse stay awake past 2am then?????

Wicked time though and Ruskin rocked.

The Divide
16-02-2004, 10:24 PM
I was there till about 5 (I think), yea know what you mean. I guess people dont just stay out like they used to, especially those Orbit heads :lol:. :doh:

Col
16-02-2004, 10:35 PM
i was up at 5.45am that day, and just finished a week of physically demanding work. plus i dont use any chemicals these days. i was fighting a losing battle.

The Divide
16-02-2004, 11:50 PM
i was up at 5.45am that day, and just finished a week of physically demanding work. plus i dont use any chemicals these days. i was fighting a losing battle.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Up at 5.45!!! :doh: :gutted:

Col
17-02-2004, 11:10 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock: Up at 5.45!!! :doh: :gutted: im up at 5.45am mon-fri. :sleeping: :mashed:

278d7e64a374de26f==