PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

ethno
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
This site used to be bumpin? Now I see about 3 guys posting all around. No new articles at all? Is this the end of techno?

Ethno.

Izz
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
social networking, techno scene a bit quiet, dj/producers flitting styles, folk moving on families etc

bad times but the good is in reach, just not got there yet (i hope)

SlavikSvensk
12-08-2010, 09:15 PM
it's also cyclical. some weeks there's a lot of content; other weeks it's like a ghost town. this is a slow week, but there's an easy remedy...post what's on your mind!

teknorich
13-08-2010, 07:46 AM
The minimal hype and kids in trucker caps and neon shades have taken over the world, forcing proper Techno further underground :ruwink:

morbid
13-08-2010, 07:51 AM
I retired from rave and the scene dissapeared up its arse

Serious!

Rich is spot on, ironic hoodies killed it all off

http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/1109-010.jpg

ethno
13-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Ah well what can you do....... Hopefully this won't die out...... Is Mark around still or too busy with the magazine? Is he still spinning hard tech or the tech-trancey stuff?

As well who's working on the content for this site? Is it safe to say that no one is updating anymore?

DannyBlack
13-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Yep. Safe to say mate. Id love to start blasting out articles and stuff but we need access to the main page and of course Mark to Trust us with the main page.

djfilthmonger
13-08-2010, 04:13 PM
The minimal hype and kids in trucker caps and neon shades have taken over the world, forcing proper Techno further underground :ruwink:

ha ha playing there learner driver techno

DannyBlack
13-08-2010, 04:25 PM
or fidget house.

The Overfiend
14-08-2010, 03:08 AM

YouTube - Dim Mak Tuesdays W/ Crookers & Blake Miller 06.24.08. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFmG1qPU1I)

DannyBlack
15-08-2010, 03:34 AM
YouTube - Dim Mak Tuesdays W/ Crookers & Blake Miller 06.24.08. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFmG1qPU1I)

faggotry. :grumble:

rs1800
18-09-2010, 07:04 PM
just logged in and found: You last visited: 02-09-2007 at 01:28 PM

cant believe either how quiet it is now :(

SlavikSvensk
18-09-2010, 07:27 PM
well, there's a surefire way to change the situation: post new threads on topics that interest you.

System 47
23-09-2010, 08:08 AM
maybe ppl are using the time to actually CREATE things instead of jus slaggin mnml or whatever the bad thing is these days..

imo, 90% of forum posts are jus utter bullshit. dont get me wrong, forums & online communitys are to be encouraged, but to what end ?

i stopped posting anything other than trax, loops or mixes cos the endless 'hawtins a wanker' or 'schranz is wank' jus got sooooo f**kin tedious.

consider the time ppl have spent arguing about 'opinions' and ask yourself..

W H Y ?

qUE
23-09-2010, 11:46 AM
maybe ppl are using the time to actually CREATE things instead of jus slaggin mnml or whatever the bad thing is these days..

imo, 90% of forum posts are jus utter bullshit. dont get me wrong, forums & online communitys are to be encouraged, but to what end ?

i stopped posting anything other than trax, loops or mixes cos the endless 'hawtins a wanker' or 'schranz is wank' jus got sooooo f**kin tedious.

consider the time ppl have spent arguing about 'opinions' and ask yourself..

W H Y ?

Same reason people chat about the weather in the UK, to make conversation. Maybe something good will come of the chit chat, you never know.

Maybe all the "Hawtin's music is insipid" prodded him to start doing Plastikman again with cool visual stuff. I personally still like Panikattack, even if it is from the 90s.

FuK-NuT
23-09-2010, 12:22 PM
This site used to be bumpin? Now I see about 3 guys posting all around. No new articles at all? Is this the end of techno?

Ethno.

forumz in general are dead....techno's still alive an kickin!

System 47
23-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Facebook.. Soundcloud.. Myspace.. these things changed how forums are used. i think so anyways..

and man, i really dont think forum slaggin made Hawtin go back to Plastikman lol

Smells Like Teen Spirit was 91 & it still f**kin rocks. ppl put too much emphasis on 'the new sh*t' and not enuff on 'the good sh*t'

System 47
23-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Same reason people chat about the weather in the UK, to make conversation.

^^^ is that why we live in such a banal society ? ppl constantly stating the obvious as opposed to saying something worthwhile.. but then, i guess ppl would have to THINK for THEMSELVES in that case.. and where would be then eh ;)

teknorich
23-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Same reason people chat about the weather in the UK, to make conversation.

^^^ is that why we live in such a banal society ? ppl constantly stating the obvious as opposed to saying something worthwhile.. but then, i guess ppl would have to THINK for THEMSELVES in that case.. and where would be then eh ;)

It'd definitely be more interesting mate. Maybe you can start a more intelligent/worthwhile Techno thread on BOA and get the ball rolling?

DannyBlack
23-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm in. A 'No negativity' theme.

teknonotice
23-09-2010, 04:30 PM
facebook killed the scene

System 47
23-09-2010, 05:59 PM
It'd definitely be more interesting mate. Maybe you can start a more intelligent/worthwhile Techno thread on BOA and get the ball rolling?

it was a comment on society, not BOA. and anyways, i think you should go first. you have many more posts than me, and thus, you would be in a much better position.

i am right though ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==