PDA

View Full Version : Mixdown Engineer

hooodlum
18-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, I've been buggering around with Cubase, Ableton, Hardware and Software for about 5-6 years now.

I've only got a small home studio, a terrible monitoring situation plus cheap monitors (Alesis £89 specials!) hinder the final production everytime.

I'm looking to outsource the final mixdown and master to a recognised character in the field as I'm still as enthusiastic about music as ever.

Whos good? Whos cheap? How does it work?

Anyone want to get involved?

Thanks in advance for shedding any light on the situation, Cheers ;)

rhythmtech
18-08-2010, 07:22 PM
ill throw my name in if you're interested.

ritaheed
18-08-2010, 07:23 PM
www.blacklistedmastering.co.uk - professional mastering services - Home Page (http://www.blacklistedmastering.co.uk/)

Chris McCormack - amazing sound!

rhythmtech
18-08-2010, 10:18 PM
thats mastering, its a mix engineer he's after. not sure chris does mix engineering besides his own stuff.

edit: just saw he's after mastering too.

yeah, chris mc cormack for tve mastering!

The_Laughing_Man
20-08-2010, 04:26 AM
voidloss|at|londontechno.co.uk

My rates?
Mastering - £19 per track or 4 Track EP £60, Album £150
Mixing - £30 per track + deals on more than 1 track

My service is entirely geared towards the clients happiness, so the job is done when the client is happy. I run record labels myself, and have been involved in independant bands, labels and the music scene from the early 90`s from punk, to industrial to my involvement in the free party scene of london in the 90`s and on to the current day in various electronica scenes, so I`m not a corporatised entity in any way.
All mastering gets transferred to a 1960`s All valvestate Studer G36 Reel to Reel, and then back into the digital domain for the warmth and presence that vintage analog can provide, and also the unique compression and "hotness" that magnetic tape can impart.

My Gear?
JBL LSR4328P Active Monitors
Soundcraft Absolute 2 Passive Monitors
Hafler Amplification
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
RME ADI-2 AD/DA
Modified Valvestate Studer Revox G36 (with 30ips mod)
RNDigital Mastering Suite
Focusrite Liquid Mix
Colourtone + various Impulse Responses and Kernels taken from the gear at the infamous all analog Jam Studios.
White hot Quad Core Studio PC
+13 years Soundsystem engineering + studio engineering (both bands and electronica) including 3 years direct Mastering Mentoring from Paul Dawson@Jam, many releases under the names Dirty Bass, and Voidloss with a reputation for detailed full production, and diverse skills within most genres of dance music (as well as giving production advice and master classes on this forum for years).

hooodlum
20-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Ok this is great stuff, Good info for anyone else who might be wondering but havent enquired.

I dont get paid for my music so I'm going to find it very hard to part with alot of cash at this stage in the game!

Your rates are very admirable laughing man, I've also heard lots of your work before.

I'll get some wavs for you to get an idea of what I'm doing, cheers.

BloodStar
20-08-2010, 10:34 AM
yes, you can't go wrong with sending it to voidloss, as this guy really knows his guns ;-]

RDR
30-09-2010, 07:32 PM
You could give me a go if you like - im always up for the experience.

Equipment

Mackie HR824 Mk2
Yamaha MSP5
Mackie 56:8 Desk
16 mono outs to the mackie
Joe Meek Compression
Powercore Plugins
Sonnox Plugins
Mac Dual Quad Core
Pro Tools / Logic

10years experience in the studio, recording, mixing and editing.

(sorry steve - not meaning to stamp on toes ;) XX

vinvanman
30-09-2010, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=The_Laughing_Man;737279]voidloss|at|londontechno.co.uk

My rates?
Mastering - £19 per track or 4 Track EP £60, Album £150
Mixing - £30 per track + deals on more than 1 track

that's brilliant.

278d7e64a374de26f==