PDA

View Full Version : audio from a cd?

g
15-02-2004, 06:14 PM
this might be super obvious but i've just realized i've never done it & never thought about it... i'd like to remix a track that currently i only have on cd: how can i ~rip a wav/aif file from a cd? i could go cd-mp3-wav but that seems like a waste. how do you get individual audio tracks off a cd?

i'm on a mac, if it matters. thx.

DJZeMig_L
15-02-2004, 06:32 PM
most sequencers have a "audio Cd import track" option... I know cubase has ... so most surely logic will have to. So should Bias Peak or somethin'

Z

Orange
15-02-2004, 07:02 PM
I think, aside from using programs, you can simply drag the sound file off of the CD onto your harddrive (not just onto your desktop, but into a file). The mac will automatically convert the audio file to aif and save it for you.

aphex_hn
15-02-2004, 07:55 PM
cd-mp3-wav... do cd-wav...
if you want 2 just rip it, download http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm is one of the best... and it's free...

jake
15-02-2004, 11:06 PM
in itunes : go to your preferences and go to the exporting tab and choose aiff exporter then click on the track u wanna import in the itunes cd browser and the advanced menu and choose convert to aif. voila!

or maybe drag and drop from the finder into peak?

DJZeMig_L
16-02-2004, 12:12 AM
On a PC it's different.. u can't drag the track into a folder u need a prog that does the ripping 4 ya... I think that maybe even media player can do it!

I use wavelab or Sx for this .. if u have a MAC then as said above just drag the file into yer desktop!

Z

Basil Rush
16-02-2004, 05:01 PM
I use iTunes on the PC to rip stuff, does a CD to 256kb/s MP3 in 1.5 minutes which is quite shocking really. Do it to AIF/WAV if you are going to be reusing the audio in new tune.

Dave Elyzium
23-02-2004, 09:10 PM
at the most basic level, pop the CD in your computers cd-rom, set up your soundcard to record from cd, adjust your levels and record into whatever sequencer / sound editor you want...

278d7e64a374de26f==