PDA

View Full Version : some funky techno for ya.

bryan sleiter
05-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Here's two recent projects I've been working on.....sequenced with live 2.0

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~slei0010/1978.mp3

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~slei0010/infiniteresolution.mp3

I don't think they are finished yet, but close. I'm still looking for that right "hook" line, and maybe a few more elements..... Any suggestions for bringing everything together a bit more?

MARKEG
05-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Brian,

These tracks are quite good mate! I really think you're close here. You've certainly got your own style and I like that alot. Personally, I'd fill these tracks up a bit more with a few more filtered loops - but that's my style and it would make the tracks harder and I'm not sure these tracks need that.

They sound very US style actually. I don't know where you're from but I can hear a big US influence in there. One of the thing I'm not too keen on about this style is it's a bit too much on one 'level' for me to play. More drumloops would definitely give more 'movement'.

Like I say, you're close man. I really don't think I can give you advice, apart from keep at it. Please keep posting your stuff up here!

sinner
05-02-2003, 08:12 PM
I listened to both of the tracks, and I agree with Mark that filling them up a little more in certain areas would make the track seem alot shorter and a little less dragged out.

Little parts i truly loved, the change 1978 took at around 4 minutes into the last section of the track. I think the 30 seconds in there are probably the best in the whole track.

The reason why it sounds so good, is because when you listen to it, you lose track of time a little bit. What took 30 seconds to play through felt like 10, and some of the other 30 second segments felt much longer than that.

Its a very strange way to look at it suppose, and Im not sure how to put it in slightly better words because it was just a feeling I got while listening to it

Infinite resolution has a slightly different beat to it, but even without knowing you could tell they were done by the same person.

I like this track a bit more than the previous one, but they are both done really well. I didnt notice anything in the way if major distortion or unbalanced levels anywhere in it.

and it was enough to make me bounce in my chair at work which is the best sign of any track

miromiric.
05-02-2003, 10:36 PM
this is quality made man! its funky which i really dont like, but i can say this is totally releasable.
how did u make those short reverses?
which equipment do u use?

bryan sleiter
05-02-2003, 11:15 PM
They sound very US style actually. I don't know where you're from but I can hear a big US influence in there.

I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I really appreciate everyones input.
Think I will try to make a few more loops to add in some spots to break up the repetition...like Mark and Sinner have mentioned. Sinner- I know what you mean by loosing track of time...I sometimes have to just leave a project alone for a few days and come back to it with fresh ears.

Miro- short reverses were actually done in a .wav editor post sequencing. Loops were created with reason and recycle, then rewired into Ableton Live for the sequencing.

I'll post some more stuff sometime soon.

:roll:

bryan sleiter
06-02-2003, 01:44 AM
here's another one.....sort of the same feel as 1978.....

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~slei0010/QUE.mp3

278d7e64a374de26f==