PDA

View Full Version : izotope spectron - used it? - heard of it ?

mindgame
16-02-2004, 03:12 AM
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/spectron/

have any of you guys used this..looks like a great idea..really allows you to get detailed with the effects..sometimes i wish i was able to add a lil effect to jsut part of a sound but not the whole thing -

if so have oyu heard good things or bad things..or did you find it was cheese if you used it?

i cant seem to find it for d/l anywhere..would like some opinions from others if i can before i maybe buy it -

Basil Rush
16-02-2004, 05:05 PM
You can do it with Waves Q10, use the cross-over presets to start with, run your sound into three busses and you could say flange the mid of your sound. If you select several freqency boxes at once in Q10 you can change them all at once which makes it easier for finding the right freqency.

Mind you if this izotope thing is cool it may be a lot easier than that hack.

DJZeMig_L
16-02-2004, 07:48 PM
another work around with reason is they're new spidder and vocoder instruments...

Still Izope looks tempting! :)

Z

FILTERZ
10-03-2004, 10:55 AM
spectral delay from native instruments does similair , sounds mad,
you can split the audio into 1024 bands per channel and delay and filter each one seperately,,,,,great. Might not be called spectral delay but its spectral something and is very good

mindgame
11-03-2004, 05:07 PM
kool - ill take a look for it;;have you used it..hows the quality of effects and how accurate is it ? or have you heard anything...

DJZeMig_L
11-03-2004, 06:44 PM
One thing I've been meaning 2 try...

Most audio looses a little focus 'cause after a few proc.s the bass gets slightly delayed over the other freq. so I guess u can use this 2 had a microdelay in freq, say 300 Hz, thus achieving a more tight or loose feel... a bit like some linear phase correctors in some enhacing processors!!

Any1 with the prog. care 2 try and let us know the results???

Much obliged anyways!

I guess with the new vocoder thingy this is even possible with reason 2.5 :shock:

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==