PDA

View Full Version : I need some laptop speakers, and some cartridges.

xes
24-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry to say, but I've had the same needles on my decks, as the ones which came with them, 10 years ago. (standard stanton things) So I need to sort that situation out. not sure what to get, price range around the 200 mark.

I also need some decent monitors for my laptop, and they need to be able to take a bit of a battering. Again, price range around 200 - 250. Really don't want to spend more than 500 if I can help it, in total.

So, what do i want to get?

DannyBlack
24-09-2010, 04:03 PM
well for a start I would recommend Ortofon carts and needles. Not too bad price wise and they take a beating. Monitors, Im n ot sure, so let someone chime in on that.

ritaheed
29-09-2010, 01:20 AM
a bought tapco s8 which where the £200 mark and there sweet as - sister company of mackie - nice all round sound to them, dont think they do the s8 but they've brought out a newer model, would defo recomend for the price

also concorde elektro for yer needles, designed for techno with plenty of bass - think theyve went up in price but defo worth having a look at :)

basslinejunkie
29-09-2010, 10:11 AM
bah,forget concorde. get some shure's instead ;)

i have shure white labels,they are the dogs.

xes
01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I've been recomended some shures, the M44-7 and they're only £109 for a pair. Allegedy some proper hardcore needles. Onto some decent speakers. Might have a little more spare change to play with, now the shures are coming in at a good price.

What do I want to spend my money on?

basslinejunkie
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I've been recomended some shures, the M44-7 and they're only £109 for a pair. Allegedy some proper hardcore needles. Onto some decent speakers. Might have a little more spare change to play with, now the shures are coming in at a good price.

What do I want to spend my money on?

ive had both, the m44-7's and the white labels. both excellent, you cant go wrong with them, particularly just for bedroom use.

regarding laptop speakers, why dont you just buy a badass music system ( which you could with your budget ) and just hook your laptop up to it with a lead??

xes
01-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I guess I could just buy a lead then, and move all my shit into 1 room. (decks are in 1 room, computer shit in another) But that takes effort!! I'm f*cking lazy. I have a little set of missions that can take a beating (and have done) This is do-able.

278d7e64a374de26f==