PDA

View Full Version : bad pimps - hit me - terminal m

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 03:05 PM
oh my gosh ... bad pimps 'hit me'

james brown samples looped to f@ck and slammed over a punchy beat.

what a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad tune!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cool:

ampassasinbirmingham
16-02-2004, 03:10 PM
is this old?.do you have a copy? if not gis a bell.

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 04:22 PM
brand spanking new i think... got a couple at the shop but it may be a bit tame foe you dude. if you want one i will put it under the counter for you.

ampassasinbirmingham
16-02-2004, 05:05 PM
no thanks duncan, something tells me its not my cuppa. but if its by bad pimps and its got james brown samples and a light brownish label then its older than the dinsaurs!!

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 05:12 PM
you are right in that it isnt your cuppa. but it is the latest release for teminal m. number 28 was released december 2003 and this is number 29. unless it has been released on a different label previously????

it is kind of light brown or orangeish tho so it may be the same one.

unless they just did another track of looped up james brown sampling club rocking mayhem.

Stuart
16-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I'll have a listen when I get there. :lol:

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 05:15 PM
its under the counter for you now chap

ampassasinbirmingham
16-02-2004, 05:17 PM
you are right in that it isnt your cuppa. but it is the latest release for teminal m. number 28 was released december 2003 and this is number 29. unless it has been released on a different label previously????

it is kind of light brown or orangeish tho so it may be the same one.

unless they just did another track of looped up james brown sampling club rocking mayhem.
its deffo the same. i gave my copy to a friend cuz its a bit gay;)

but seriously its real old. all the tracks sample jimmbo and one of them is quite punchy with a "UGGHHH" every so often, then another changes pitch on the major breakdown?

if so i bought this when i first started liking techno about 1 and a half years ago

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 05:21 PM
they did release one in november 2002 with a baby poo coloured label called give it which had get on up on the flip. could that be the one? cos this is definitely brand spanking new.

ampassasinbirmingham
16-02-2004, 05:23 PM
thats the one, baby poo;)

want a copy?

Stuart
16-02-2004, 05:24 PM
its under the counter for you now chap

Lovely :lol:

tekboi
17-02-2004, 02:08 AM
I will have to disagree with you guys, I think this record is very skillfully produced and will funkup any dancefloor. I got an email from Stanny (Bad Pimps with Patrick Lindsay) and he said its a little more funkier than the last release but they really enjoyed producing it. Cheesy stuff that is poorly attempted sometimes does suck, but hey why would you say this is a BAD tune? I think just because of the actual james brown vocal loop you immediately think 'ah cheesy'.

I love when people get vocals or take some loops from old classic tunes and bring them into a track, but remembering it has to be done with high quality, as I said there has been some attempts where ppl rush their production and obviously doesnt sound too good.

Too many people in my opinion hear a little vocal and immediately in their mind see it as cheesy, **** no, vocal snippets can make a damn track. I think this release is cool as cats and very fun.

Ciao.

tekboi
17-02-2004, 02:13 AM
I just read the posts again hehe I think I might of been reading another thread hehe hey duncan I just noticed you have this in your top ten, so are you into this tune or not, I am a little confused, though my post still stands though, catch.

duncandisorderly
18-02-2004, 01:38 PM
it would be in my top one but there are so many good tunes about at the moment. i really really rate this tune mate.

duncandisorderly
24-02-2004, 04:50 PM
thats the one, baby poo;)

want a copy?

yep.

278d7e64a374de26f==