PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC JAM

BOXY
16-02-2004, 08:41 PM
WHO OFF THE BOARD IS GOING TO THE JAM IN MARCH TO SEE CHRIS LIEBING IM REALLY LOOKIN FORWARD TO THIS AS I AINT SEEN HIM B4 BUT IVE HEARD SOME OF HIS SETS AND THERE PRETTY GOOD. IS HE MUCH COP. IS ANY ONE GOIN THEN?? MABEY WE COULD ALL MEET UP?

tioneb
16-02-2004, 09:35 PM
man this nite will be full of good artist and the only one you quote is liebing .. huh ? we dont really have same taste ... arent ruskin & 65 d mavericks paly there at this nite ???

TechnoLaydee
17-02-2004, 11:05 AM
I will definatly be there! Cant wait, yeh 65d mavericks, claude young and james ruskin will all be on! :shock: :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
17-02-2004, 03:08 PM
chris leibing appeals to a lot with his productions, but dj wise i fear he plays poor tunes in a poor way.

The man of the night will be claude young!!!! then you have the mavericks live who will be excellent and james ruskin who is allways on par

TumbledownCrew
17-02-2004, 03:17 PM
C u there Amp???

Stuart
17-02-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm always there.

djfurness
17-02-2004, 04:33 PM
i'll be there....been to loads of jams....its quite simply the best night in the country I reckon.....we need mark to start playin in there!!!!

ampassasinbirmingham
17-02-2004, 04:34 PM
C u there Amp???

who is this?

didnt think the tumblers went jam, just hog? but this jam is gonna be seriously dark with ruskin and mavericks

paranoid666
17-02-2004, 05:41 PM
A few of us are going.

slimboy
18-02-2004, 01:29 PM
chris leibing appeals to a lot with his productions, but dj wise i fear he plays poor tunes in a poor way.

The man of the night will be claude young!!!! then you have the mavericks live who will be excellent and james ruskin who is allways on par

I'm with you on this, seriously looking forward to seeing Claude Young again.

Wasn't there some controversy recently about him failing to show for a Retrovert night in London? I could be wrong.

ampassasinbirmingham
18-02-2004, 04:18 PM
yo slim where in bham u at??

also, dont think claude has been booked up london for retrovert/split b4?

Esox Lucius
18-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I thikn young was booked to play retroverts, I could be wrong though.

massplanck
18-02-2004, 06:34 PM

tend to disagree. he played here with three decks, final scratch efx and a 909 a couple of months back and blew away most sceptics. including me

ampassasinbirmingham
18-02-2004, 10:37 PM

tend to disagree. he played here with three decks, final scratch efx and a 909 a couple of months back and blew away most sceptics. including me

i will see for my self then. but sets ive downloaded are extremeley bland musically and mixing wise

TumbledownCrew
19-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Watchya Amp - it's Boogie, of course. Who else did u think would spend hours and hours of darkness trawling the net to promote Drop Beats Not Bombs?????? Not only do you get to see me outside venues handing out flyers but now you have the Joy Of CyberBoogie!!!!!!

And I have been going to Atomic Jam since the first one. Went to every single Jam for years but then friends kinda changed and I missed a few but I'll be there!!!!

slimboy
19-02-2004, 01:18 PM
yo slim where in bham u at??

also, dont think claude has been booked up london for retrovert/split b4?

Solihull way mate, what about yourself?

I'm not sure of the specific night but I remember reading a disclaimer on another forum from a London promoter regarding a Claude Young no-show. The guy in question was not best pleased claiming Mr. Young simply hadn't been arsed to get on the plane over here.

Anyway, am just hoping that nothing like this happens and Claude plays the blinder I'm hoping for.

slimboy
19-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know the deal with with the Atomic Jam/Split party on May 1st?

split
19-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Claude was booked to play at our first SPLIT party in August last year but due to personal reasons couldnt make it on the night.

Full details of the SPLIT vs ATOMIC JAM party on May 1st will be released next week, so you'll have to keep guessing till then...

Thanks for the interest, and see you at the Jam!

jock
19-02-2004, 07:23 PM
oooh ooooh next week, sounds ****ing promising, next time i am likely to be out!!!!

BOXY
20-02-2004, 08:50 PM
ive never heard of 65d mavericks and herad of ruskin and claud young bunt never actually heard them play. im pretty new to the techno scene as it is now i used to be in to techno ages ago with the likes of colin favor trevor rockliffe and colin dale and the boys. ive been to jam and hog a few times but i only really know the big players like sven vath, dave clarke , surgon , liberators, drummer and mcaffer so sorry if i sounded pretty ignorant

daviec
20-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Claude was booked to play at our first SPLIT party in August last year but due to personal reasons couldnt make it on the night.

Full details of the SPLIT vs ATOMIC JAM party on May 1st will be released next week, so you'll have to keep guessing till then...

Thanks for the interest, and see you at the Jam!

I've been hearing, Rush and Dave Clarke are involved in proceedings :)

But I'll wait and see. Last time was ace, and I'll try and make it down for the AJ vs Split night.

ampassasinbirmingham
22-02-2004, 07:03 PM
heard mr clarke also

Subuteo
22-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, I've been to nearly all the Retroverts parties up to now , but doubt I'll be going to this one because of the venue...really didn't enjoy the last one at Turnmill's simply coz of all the non-techno slimey blokes n false girly's.. not my cuppa tea, would rather have Half a room full of genuine Techno heads than a club full of peole pretending to enjoy the music to get the oppisite sex's attention.. (the lad's probably didn't notice this!!!)

Wot was wrong with the SE1 club.?? :rambo:

ampassasinbirmingham
22-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, I've been to nearly all the Retroverts parties up to now , but doubt I'll be going to this one because of the venue...really didn't enjoy the last one at Turnmill's simply coz of all the non-techno slimey blokes n false girly's.. not my cuppa tea, would rather have Half a room full of genuine Techno heads than a club full of peole pretending to enjoy the music to get the oppisite sex's attention.. (the lad's probably didn't notice this!!!)

Wot was wrong with the SE1 club.?? :rambo:

the SE1 club was the bollocks. one of the best venues ive ever visited. Turnmills is in a work "S H I T"!

i wanted to simply see what equipment oliver ho was using so i asked a lad at the front to let me see for 2 seconds b4 i danced again(the club was extremeley rammed) and he blindly told me no!(theres some techno spirit), i also found it very funny that he was wearing a Gatecrasher t-shirt :shock:

ampassasinbirmingham
22-02-2004, 11:17 PM
on a more possative note, all the negative points about the party have been noted and the organisers know of them, so i think they might change their mind about the venue.

jock
23-02-2004, 08:56 AM
I dont think they are going to change their mind about the venue, they have already said that this is the venue of choice for this year.

I thought it was alright, it was busy and I dont think they expected it to be that busy, and they have said that they are going to try and change things so that there is 50% over capacity like it was apparently last time.

I would never not go to a night just because of the venue its in, from the sounds of it any venue in london has a number of major problems. I thought turnmills was alright, i didnt have a problem with any of the staff and to be honest the only thing that annoyed me was the fact you could only see the top of the djs head from the floor.

I cant wait for the next one, couldnt give a shit who was on the line-up, i would pay to go and see Sims and Finke on their own!

zigojacko
28-02-2004, 05:26 AM
ooooooooo :O may have to methinks... sounds wicked!!!

TechnoLaydee
01-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Not too long to go now, still need to get my ticket!:)

paranoid666
01-03-2004, 08:13 PM
looking forward to this.

slimboy
09-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Just how good was James Ruskin?!!

Didn't think Claude Young was really on form to be honest. Some good tunes but dodgy mixing in places.

Anyone else care to comment?.........

Ryan
09-03-2004, 01:34 PM
How were the 65D Mavericks??
What was so good about Ruskin?

slimboy
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Ruskins' tune selection was just awesome, really got the crowd going. I always enjoy his sets but he seemed to be on fire on Saturday. Have to say I hardly recognised anything he played though apart from 'Correction Centre' & his remix of Code Red 6. He also played a tune using Poindexters' 'Work that Muthaf**ker' (not KB1) sample that sounded pretty sweet.

65D Mavericks were good although didn't enjoy them quite as much as at HOG last year.

Claude Young was OK but didn't seem on form, he wasn't pulling off the tricks like I've seen him do before and in places it actually sounded messy! He dropped Step to Enchantment though so I can forgive him!

Ryan
09-03-2004, 01:48 PM
All sounds pretty cool......cheers.

Frank Dogshit
09-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Chris Liebing was absolute dogshit.

If you thought claude youngs mixing was bad,did you hear liebings 1st hour?? all over the shop,that remix hes done of DK is crap aswell.

Full marks to James Ruskin,he was absolutely brilliant. Never lets ya down. :lol:

slimboy
09-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Didn't stick around to hear Liebing cos I've seen him before unfortunately!

There was no need for him to even be playing to be fair. I mean, there was already three quality acts on the bill. Why not have given Ruskin & Young an extra 1/2 hour each?

Anyway, best Jam I've been to in a while. Crowd were up for it, Sanctuary seems a worthy successor to the Que.

dirty_bass
10-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Sounds wicked, next split looks good

278d7e64a374de26f==