PDA

View Full Version : I NEED YOUR HELP!

MARKEG
05-02-2003, 08:14 PM
OK this is what's happening. I've done a new album for release in March through Rumour Records called Club Xperiments. It's a seriously marketed compilation and I'm really looking at as many good ways to promote it as possible.

Do any of you know any good free magazines/normal mags (apart from your usual DJ/Musik/Mixmag/Jockey Slut ones in your area that cover techno/trance/dance etc? Any pointers would be really really useful! Those free club listings mags in flyers packs??? Any names???

Do you of you know any Radio Shows that support underground dance music in your area?

I promise I'll let everyone know of any other info about the comp later down the line, but for now has anyone got any suggestions??? You could really help me out here....

lunatrick
05-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Mark, Out of Hand in bristol (www.outofhand.co.uk) do a free listings / promotion pack which is distributed across wales and west. I think Bionic advertise in there so you could probably find out more from cally...

anx
05-02-2003, 11:47 PM
check out www.tribemagazine.com
they are canada's biggest free dance magazine

as fer radio shows, im not sure exactly if this fits but i do a net show every saturday from 4-6pm EST time...its got a limit of 4000 listeners and usually gets maxed out every time...

Paul Zykotik
06-02-2003, 02:40 PM
UK-wise there's Upfront Magazine, that gets distributed around the south. I could get the contact details for you by tomorrow, it's run by Sol Ray tho if that's any use.

There used to be a magazine called Implant which went around the south as well, focusing mainly on techno (it was run by the Bristol dj F'da F'da), but I haven't seen it for nearly a year now. Shame, as it was a good read. The email is fda_fda@implantmagazine.co.uk

krakp0t
06-02-2003, 03:44 PM
flyer magazine:

http://www.whow.de/coremedia/generator/content/specials/Flyer/home.html

free party / nightclub guide distributed all over germany, nyc, san fransisco + los angeles. it has a little section in the back where they do dance music record reviews. i know its pretty well read both here (nyc) and germany.

http://www.dancecommunity.be pretty good too.

MARKEG
06-02-2003, 04:34 PM
hey yeah, upfront mag - they've just done an interview with me for the next issue, so that's covered. implant... mmm.... does any know if these guys are still going?

re: tribe - i'm a good friend of the editor, so i'll get on the case with that one.

re: outofhand - i'll approach them immediately.

re: the german links...

thanx!

anymore ideas??

Chillywilly
06-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Mark

Theres a mag in the south west which may interest you listing techno events and new releases. your name is quite often in the when you do set at Dance academy and other place in the south west. Lots of people read this magazine so that may be of help. :) :) :)

Chilly

TripleX
06-02-2003, 05:17 PM
www.groove.de
really nice magazne , i think it´s for free but i ain´t sure
there´s another one called partysan or something

krakp0t
06-02-2003, 05:46 PM
groove magazine also puts out some cool CD compilations every so often.

JACKSTAR
06-02-2003, 05:49 PM
For my USA promotions I send my releases to BPM Magazine.

Josh Tonnissen
1309 66th Street
Berkeley
CA94702
U.S.A.

But I think you already know him ? not sure !

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

Chillywilly
06-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I did'nt give the name of the mag I was talking about a minute ago its called twenty four seven :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==