PDA

View Full Version : "return to form" (lp)

gunjack
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
TRACK PREVIEWS: YouTube - previews: Gunjack "RETURN TO FORM" LP/album (ROJ_LP_01) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6GQYcJC-8U#)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs409.ash2/68751_452754414730_693029730_5239610_8371052_n.jpg

The Jack is back. “Return of Jack” is the new label by old school techno producer Brian Gibbs AKA Gunjack. After literally hundreds of 12” vinyl singles, Gunjack finally comes with a full length album/LP. “Return to Form” finds our man Jack delivering long overdue reissues of classics like “Consume or be Consumed” or “Hate Your Neighbor” along with unreleased gems like “Favela Rules” or “Collective Threat”.

Read more: Gunjack | MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/deafmosaic)

IN STORES NOVEMBER 22nd!!!

Exclusive worldwide distribution at triplevision.nl

Gunjack’s music is supported and played by Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Ben Sims, Dave Clarke, Jay Denham, Fanon Flowers, T-1000, Cristian Varela, Mark Broom, Rob Hall, A. Paul, Redhead, Carl Falk and lots of other folks too.

blistanbul
04-11-2010, 02:57 AM
man you never sent me a bloody email with your mp3s you promised.

what is that about lad?

force
04-11-2010, 11:30 AM

what is that about lad?

FFS, to be fair mate, i think he may have other things on his mind at the moment....
jesus..

teknorich
04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Quality album mate, varied styles but all well produced. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

gunjack
04-11-2010, 01:30 PM

what is that about lad?

yooooooooooo, i work from home doing work for an art cinema/event center here in santiago, this week there is a huge film festival in town and they got me writing html all day for the last week or so... plus i got back rent stacked up from my hospital stay and my lights are about to get cut off so i am like a crazy man juggling non existent $$$ and trying to keep my kids fed and my meds from running out... haven't had a moment to organize all the 320s we spoke of....

anyway this album "return to form" will be out in a few weeks in all the digital stores, beatport, itunes, juno etc etc so maybe pick that up bruv. and now that i have the contract for the "return to jack" label in place, you will be able to buy most of my back catalog and some new stuff too through all those digi shops very soon!!!

cheers

GJ

gunjack
04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Quality album mate, varied styles but all well produced. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

yea thanks man!!! got some really special stuff lined up for this new label. hard to find classics repressed along side stuff from the vualt and new shit too!!!

techno is back!!!

GJ

gunjack
04-11-2010, 01:34 PM
FFS, to be fair mate, i think he may have other things on his mind at the moment....
jesus..

hehehe it's cool man blistanbul WANTS HIS MUSIC!!!! i can dig it ;)

blistanbul
05-11-2010, 05:02 AM
maybe this way is for the best.

it just thought that you could've dropped me an email, especially since you asked for my contact in the first place.

nevermind.

i hope you all the best mate. the album is a good idea for people like me.

take care.

gunjack
05-11-2010, 01:19 PM
especially since you asked for my contact in the first place.

mate, you PMed me here on BOA... i did not "ask for your contact".... i appreciate your interest and the fact that you offered to help with some small $$$ but you really got to chill on the "you asked me for my contact in the first place" type shit....

let me refresh your memory

gunjack, would you be interested in sending some of your mp3s including rare and outtakes?

now you remember? plz bro TAKE IT EASY it has only been about 3 weeks since that msg...

... after thinking about this, i decided it would be best to make the "rare and out takes" available to everybody, not just for some! so i decided to get this label going... makes sense no?

i dunno why you getting so angry!

no email? wtf?:icon_neutral:

like FORCE said i have a lot on my mind these days with painful attacks, unpaid hospital bills/back rent, expensive meds, cat scans and possible surgery.... so i wanted to make a difinitive solution to the many ppl asking for rare and unreleased GJ tunes.... you dig?

it just seemed to me more practical to get everything sorted in a formal release than to send out private mp3s to individuals....

make sense?

allah seninlen olsun my brother. please take it easy, nothing is worth getting worked up over any more, trust me i have learned, it ain't worth it. especially since stress can KILL me these days...

anyway many many gunjack rare and unreleased tunes will come out over the next few months and all profits from the releases will go toward my medical care etc, so isn't that basically what the idea was to start with?

at least now folks can show support by buying vinyl/mp3's formally and i can have control of the monthly statements etc! easier for everyone i think!!!

hope you are well.

GJ

DVNT
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Oo. Looking forward to hearing this!

gunjack
05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
man i can't get over this!

blistanbul you act like i am a salesman who took an order/payment and didn't deliver!!!

feels like shit bro. seriously. i am just trying to do my thing and stay afloat and stay alive... i DID post a thread on here explaining my illness and asking for WORK. remixes, production work etc, why? because every little bit counts...

but if you offer to pay a few dollars to my pay pal for some mp3s... what is the difference between that, and a formal release which you can use paypal to buy? why so angry? wanted something exclusive?

sorry mate but i began to go through my archives and realized EVERYONE deserves a chance to buy the music not just certain ppl......

seriously man i dunno why you treat me like that... but if you knew how much work it was to go through all the archives, rip and ID3 tag mp3s, upload them to a private ftp and email them, you would realize that it's better to do it ONCE and get a formal release out, with good distribution, than to be sending out RAR/ZIP all day to individuals myself......

sheeeiiiiiit i don't even have time to think most days, between the doctors, my kids and work....

man it feels like shit when you attack me for being "too slow" to send you an mp3 pack personally to your email......

that's what i get i guess, for interacting personally with ppl instead of playing the back like the rest of the techno "artists"...

gunjack
05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Oo. Looking forward to hearing this!

:)

DVNT
05-11-2010, 02:04 PM
****ing choice. Killer darkfloor techno this.

Nice one G.

teknorich
05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Looking forward to some proper hard-ass dark sounds :ruwink:

gunjack
05-11-2010, 02:23 PM
> : D

DannyBlack
05-11-2010, 07:04 PM
YUS!!

blistanbul
06-11-2010, 12:39 AM
man i can't get over this!

blistanbul you act like i am a salesman who took an order/payment and didn't deliver!!!

feels like shit bro. seriously. i am just trying to do my thing and stay afloat and stay alive... i DID post a thread on here explaining my illness and asking for WORK. remixes, production work etc, why? because every little bit counts...

but if you offer to pay a few dollars to my pay pal for some mp3s... what is the difference between that, and a formal release which you can use paypal to buy? why so angry? wanted something exclusive?

sorry mate but i began to go through my archives and realized EVERYONE deserves a chance to buy the music not just certain ppl......

seriously man i dunno why you treat me like that... but if you knew how much work it was to go through all the archives, rip and ID3 tag mp3s, upload them to a private ftp and email them, you would realize that it's better to do it ONCE and get a formal release out, with good distribution, than to be sending out RAR/ZIP all day to individuals myself......

sheeeiiiiiit i don't even have time to think most days, between the doctors, my kids and work....

man it feels like shit when you attack me for being "too slow" to send you an mp3 pack personally to your email......

that's what i get i guess, for interacting personally with ppl instead of playing the back like the rest of the techno "artists"...

i am not angry dude, seriously i feel like dropping this mate because i got considered insensitive when it was not my intention. i was merely explaining my stance.

although i thought my last post cleared everyhing up mate.

nonetheless, i look forward to the album, and no bloody hard feelings. not now, not ever.

just was confused by it all, because of what has happened.

i understand you, and i am not picking a fight.

i hope you go through everything fine.

mate believe me, i am with you not against you.

take care.

gunjack
22-11-2010, 11:39 AM
it's out now!!! Return To Form EP at Juno Records (http://www.juno.co.uk/products/1664298-02.htm)

Luke_C
22-11-2010, 10:29 PM
WICKED MATE! Savage EP!

marginmaster
24-11-2010, 09:59 PM
friggin awesome

The Overfiend
25-11-2010, 01:29 AM
http://www.deitch.com/files/projects/armory05_poster_th.jpg

Number one in the hood g

teknonotice
25-11-2010, 02:35 PM
big big techno..well done Gunjack!

gunjack
25-11-2010, 04:15 PM
thanks guys!

Return To Form EP at Juno Records (http://www.juno.co.uk/products/1664298-02.htm)

fedose
29-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Pressure Scrape ...niiice tune, damn.. i'm really keen on your sound how come didnt I get any of your releases... keep it up!
ps. Can someone recommend similiar records of Gunjack , maybe GJS?

278d7e64a374de26f==