PDA

View Full Version : friendz electric! free party bristol 17/12/2010

Minghead
24-11-2010, 02:43 PM
unknown soundsystem & revelation proudly present

http://www.partyvibe.com/forums/attachments/free-parties-teknivals/5555d1290107520-revelation-unknown-present-friendz-electric-febackdec09.png

Minghead
24-11-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.partyvibe.com/forums/attachments/free-parties-teknivals/5556d1290107520-revelation-unknown-present-friendz-electric-fefrontdec09.png

Minghead
24-11-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.partyvibe.com/forums/attachments/free-parties-teknivals/5557d1290107520-revelation-unknown-present-friendz-electric-feposterdec09.png

Minghead
06-12-2010, 06:46 PM
only a week'ish left untill the best free party santa's ever been to kicks off!

get your santa pants on & come on down!

Minghead
14-12-2010, 06:39 PM
special guest now 100% confirmed! we are very pleased to have him back in bristol town!

roll on friday!

qUE
14-12-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm in!

Minghead
15-12-2010, 01:02 AM
i am very pleased to inform you all that our very special guest this friday at friendz electric is none othere than Trevor Rockcliffe http://www.mentorrecords.co.uk/ (http://www.mentorrecords.co.uk/)

this really is emense and we are soo pleased to get him back to bristol!!! bringing in christmas in style! TR! TR! NO DELAY!

Jeff Jeffington | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001151269176#!/event.php?eid=165128056837410)

Minghead
15-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm in!

exellent matey! where do you hail from?

qUE
15-12-2010, 05:21 PM
exellent matey! where do you hail from?

Bemmy

Came to the last one, it was quite refreshing to have a some decent Techno running in Bristol again, was quite impressed with the sound system as well, bit fed up of hearing systems which make the sound overly wide and flat.

You probably don't remember it, I used to run a night called Carnage back in 99-2000 and also used to do the Ripsnorter back room before then. But a family bereavement and promoting beginning to feel more like a uphill struggle made me jump out of the club scene. Although I'm still making Techno and very occasionally playing out :)

Been trying to find a venue in Bristol to do a Techno night with mates, but it seems to cost the earth to do anything here and I'm far from flush, that coupled with the council being utter vicious about postering and totally against any kind of "rave", which I'm sure you know about yourself :/

qUE
22-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Soz, didn't stay late, wasn't feeling it TBH. Probably drank too much :)

Minghead
07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Soz, didn't stay late, wasn't feeling it TBH. Probably drank too much :)

har! i know that one!

so you used to do carnage! i loved carnage, think i went to every one in bristol! fancy starting it up again? we may be able to provide you with a room! i cant pm until i have 30 posts ! get in touch innit!

morbid
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Shimmy, Carnage, Homegrown, Feverish, Species, Future Funk etc etc

Bring back the Bristol Old School

qUE
07-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Shimmy, Carnage, Homegrown, Feverish, Species, Future Funk etc etc

Bring back the Bristol Old School

From what I know (maybe wrong);

Future Funk - I think they stopped because of internal financial disputes (nearly 99% of the reason nights break up) and that Techno popularity dropped in Bristol. Motorboy now flits between here and Berlin doing art projects. Uberdog ran Emergency for a bit then moved to London, I think he's doing music stuff with Surgeon. Gez Bentley ocassionally puts up with me and my drunken rants when we catch up. Other peeps connected with FF are still in Bristol afaik.

Shimmy - Shimon got popular DJing in Europe around the same time as Tom Harding, then afaik his g/f had a kid and gave him an ultimatum, so he came back to Bristol, heard very little of him playing Techno since. I know he released a few vinyl, but that's all I know.

Homegrown - One of the guys tried to get in with managing the Depot, but Ripsnorter beat him to it. It wasn't that they wern't able to do Homegrown at the Depot anymore, I think they just didn't like Ripsnorter running the place and didn't do Homegrown there again.

Species - afaik, they moved out of Bristol. Last I heard they were running something further north.

Feverish - Dunno.

Carnage - I was involved up until around 2000-2001, and occasionally DJ'd at various flits. RAM changed taste to breaks and like the rest of the guys has moved out of Bristol, bar Trauma and Tim. Probably everyone is a dad now apart from me.

as for venues in Bristol;

I think Loco/Maze is now flats. Depot has been trying to reopen, but the council and other forces are stopping that from happening. Rummer is now a swarve bar/diner, so I don't think there will be anything going on in the basement anytime soon. I think we all know what happend to the Swan. Arcbar is now Lab, dunno what their policy on music is (I quite liked OOP there). Other clubs have converted use. Afaik only original one still standing is Lakota and that was threatening to become flats for a while.

I'm personally not a fan of T2, I find it pricey and a bit cramped. Motion has the same problems as Easton community centre did and Lakota has, it's a bit confused in its layout. Quite like the Tunnels though, although I know very little about the politics of the place. It seems a lot of the clubs like to drain promoters of as much money as possible and make nights hell to organise from what peeps have told me.

morbid
07-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Nice to hear a bit of backstage gossip

Im out of Bristol now but had a lot of fun at all those nights

Shimmy died a death when Loco turned to Maze

I think Homegrown had some internal issues too, too many drugs probably but I couldn't imagine Homegrown anywhere else but at the Depot.

Si who was running Species also had his hand in at Rooted Records at the time but then Scuba and Pinch and the dubstep thing was operating out of there and now its gone.

The first few Future Funks at the Rummer Basement were wicked before they went to the Depot

RIP Loco, Powerhouse, Blue Mountain, Trinity, Depot, Easton CC, Black Swan...... Bristol is a different city these days to me

qUE
10-01-2011, 01:59 PM
har! i know that one!

so you used to do carnage! i loved carnage, think i went to every one in bristol! fancy starting it up again? we may be able to provide you with a room! i cant pm until i have 30 posts ! get in touch innit!

PM'd you with alt. contact details,

speak to you soon.

Minghead
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
wicked! cant belive theres loads of old skool bristol ravers here!

you all need to come to this!

What's On - SYSTEM FEEDBACK - PSYCO EDITION (http://www.lakota.co.uk/whats-on/details/76-system-feedback-psyco-edition)

basicly bristol is a different landscape! we run an orginsiation called "keep bristol techno" and believe me it s picking up momentum!

yeah the old clubs are gone! the council kyboshed the depot re-launch, motion's security are terrible, loco is now flats, lakota is & allways will be bristols underground venue! t2 is wank but there are thiings on the horizion! once i get 30 posts ill hopefully be able to promote on here!

i hope to see all you bristol oldskool on the dancefloor at some point soon!

278d7e64a374de26f==