PDA

View Full Version : logic 9 - is it possible to create random midi patterns?

Elvio Neto
05-12-2010, 04:27 AM
i wonder if is possible to create random midi clips like in reason (i love that option "randomize pattern") sometimes we got some crazy stuff out of it

i saw one tutorial in youtube but the process is not the best i wonder if there is a better way or maybe a 3d party vst to do it

anyway here is one tutorial:

YouTube - Making Random Beats with Logic Pro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTIQX_AUAI)

Winds
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM
1 way of creating midi patterns is to convert audio to midi. It detects transients in the audio and creates a midi pattern from it. The midi notes also vary in velocity, which is cool. When I get home, Ill open logic and post back exactly how to do it. I think it may be under the functions tab in the audio editor.

Elvio Neto
06-12-2010, 10:15 AM
1 way of creating midi patterns is to convert audio to midi. It detects transients in the audio and creates a midi pattern from it. The midi notes also vary in velocity, which is cool. When I get home, Ill open logic and post back exactly how to do it. I think it may be under the functions tab in the audio editor.

sounds good, i will wait for your post ;)

BloodStar
06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
find some synth with randomiser and route the midi out to new channel.

Elvio Neto
07-12-2010, 11:06 PM
find some synth with randomiser and route the midi out to new channel.

thats not possible in AU (audio units) only in VST

logic only have AU

i have vstĀ“s to do that in ableton but breaks my workflow create loops in one daw and then import to another...

BloodStar
09-12-2010, 10:06 AM
get rid of Logic, then :D

Elvio Neto
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
:) but logic is perfect

simple , fast , powerful great graphic interface i build my mac just to use logic :)

latency in osx is better , even audio in geral sounds better dont ask me why

this little issue its not that important to make me quit from the most used daw for electronic music production :)

ICN
14-12-2010, 12:38 AM
How are things?

Bring your Audio onto the arrange.

Double click it to open the Sample Editor and go:

Factory > AUDIO to SCORE ( I think.. Not at Mac now..)

After its done, the Midi File will be in the same space on the arrange as the Audio file. The Audio file will be underneath.. You'lll have to do a bit of draggin about to move it off - out to where you want it.

I think theres also a sensitivity slider in there somewhere.. Adjust it to get the lines on the notes. If it asks you for a "conversion type" - Cant remember now.. choose something that vaguely fits the tempo/style of music.

Elvio Neto
14-12-2010, 10:49 AM
How are things?

Bring your Audio onto the arrange.

Double click it to open the Sample Editor and go:

Factory > AUDIO to SCORE ( I think.. Not at Mac now..)

After its done, the Midi File will be in the same space on the arrange as the Audio file. The Audio file will be underneath.. You'lll have to do a bit of draggin about to move it off - out to where you want it.

I think theres also a sensitivity slider in there somewhere.. Adjust it to get the lines on the notes. If it asks you for a "conversion type" - Cant remember now.. choose something that vaguely fits the tempo/style of music.

thanks man and welcome to the forum

i will try this later , now im testing SONAR X1 x64 in windows :)

ICN
14-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Cool Mate - Thanks a lot.

Been lurking for a while.. Dont know why I've never posted :ruparanoid:

tekara
09-01-2011, 03:36 AM
Cubase has a step designer that will solve your midi randomizing problems.

ritaheed
16-01-2011, 05:54 PM
when I get my mac, im gonna give logic a bash - a boy a know says its the best

278d7e64a374de26f==