PDA

View Full Version : Englands Performance...

Hakka.
19-02-2004, 06:47 AM
A quick rant from me... ;)

I thought we played some poor football in the away end of the pitch at times. We seem to be so hell bent at making a pass as quickly as possible that the panic seems to cause us to pass to an England player that is either easily maked by two players or the pass is not good enough and it goes straight to the feet of Portugese player.

ARRGGHHH!

Its frustrating to watch, as teams like Man Utd don't play this poor yet they harvest a number of players who can play in the England team imo.

Also there was a distinct lack of crosses. Beckham at one point was about 5 yards away from the box on the right hand side, but kept passing it down the flank to Owen. He couldn't do anything with it so passed it back. This happened about two more times and I thought "why isn't he trying to make a cross? he is considered the worlds best crossed yet he's not doing it??!?"

I just feel we don't take on players enough in 1 v 1's and that some players appear to be too scared to take responsibility of the moment and do something good. Perhaps I'm going mad, but I swear that the team we had back in the build up to world cup 98 played far better and more confident football than the players are showing in the England team these days. We also got down the flanks far more and damn well got those crosses in!

Rooney looked good in places and I thought Ledley King did well too.

Numeric
19-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Yeah man...

The players are aware that pretty much every pass, shot or cross will be put under the micro-scope, and don't want to make any errors...

This means that they are far more cautious about their play...

On sayin that, i enjoyed the game, and thought both teams played good football...

zigojacko
20-02-2004, 03:25 AM
once again... i felt we under achieved and didnt perform to our full potential...

the squad selection is often poor.

a point against the portugese is an ok result but i felt we were lucky to get it... david james should be sold to the circus... :lol:

Col
22-02-2004, 11:36 AM
james showed everyone how shit he can be, if we play this cunt in the euro championship we are going out at the group stage. not a bad result though, considering it was portugal & it was away. smith should have been given more time.

zigojacko
22-02-2004, 03:57 PM
hehe innit... i am impressed with ledley Kings progress how he has just come out of nowhere - lol

Esox Lucius
22-02-2004, 04:04 PM
james is terrible :lol: robinson should be englands first choice, or even martyn ;)

Col
23-02-2004, 06:43 PM
james is terrible :lol: robinson should be englands first choice, or even martyn ;) defo. do you think richard wright will get back in your team john?

CHRISSI
23-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Pants !! I completely missed the whole match !! :doh: What was the score?? Soundz like I didn't miss much anyway !! Play Man utd as our England team 'n' we'll all b betta orf ! ;)

;oo

Esox Lucius
23-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Pants !! I completely missed the whole match !! :doh: What was the score?? Soundz like I didn't miss much anyway !! Play Man utd as our England team 'n' we'll all b betta orf ! ;)

;oo

you didnt miss much mate :lol: it was 1-1

Esox Lucius
23-02-2004, 08:26 PM
james is terrible :lol: robinson should be englands first choice, or even martyn ;) defo. do you think richard wright will get back in your team john?

I reckon so mate when he is fully fit, martyn will give him a run for his money though, he is starting to find his feet now.

academy boi
23-02-2004, 10:14 PM
ah i have given up on football now its all gone shit imo to many cheaters and to much politics

278d7e64a374de26f==