PDA

View Full Version : A.Paul n public relations

Veber
09-12-2010, 01:50 AM
I've found with alot of "big" producers, they do not like email or contact with the "public".

Is A. Paul the same way?

Thanks,

Adam

Louk
09-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Not at all, I've just wrote a 1000 word article on him for Core Magazine, and he's one of the most approachable I've found.

MITA
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
True that, a normal chap.

Elvio Neto
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
A.Paul is known to be very friendly

first time i speak with him i send him a message (at 3 AM) via myspace , in about 15 minutes or less he write me back to release one of my tracks on is label... just like that

Mattias_Fridell
10-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Most techno guys are nice people and tries their best to be public really.
Theres exceptions of those popstar Techno idols though haha

ritaheed
10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
aye lets start a thread and name and shame the techno kunts ;)

Veber
10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
ok. cool.

Ya, I've tried contacting "others" with no replies and it's lame..especially when i spend my life/income on them daily.

a

Mattias_Fridell
10-12-2010, 07:23 PM
It also depends on the approach. I, personally, dont reply when I get tons of "hi can you check my track out plz" and link to a soundcloud page with progressive house etc. And some people really have trouble with proper email writing and think that you're their possession to use when it fits themselves.
Facebook is a perfect platform for public terror of that sort, I'm never online on that chat these days, it used pops up people every day with no greeting or anything just a "how do you make this and that sound". Stuff like that ticks people off. With that being said I personally try to be as public as possible even though I miss the good old days where I only was a black white photo with bad contour a name and music on some label sites.

MITA
10-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Exactly!

Patrick DSP
10-12-2010, 08:22 PM
It also depends on the approach. I, personally, dont reply when I get tons of "hi can you check my track out plz" and link to a soundcloud page with progressive house etc. And some people really have trouble with proper email writing and think that you're their possession to use when it fits themselves.
Facebook is a perfect platform for public terror of that sort, I'm never online on that chat these days, it used pops up people every day with no greeting or anything just a "how do you make this and that sound". Stuff like that ticks people off. With that being said I personally try to be as public as possible even though I miss the good old days where I only was a black white photo with bad contour a name and music on some label sites.
well put!

ethno
10-12-2010, 08:35 PM
A.Paul does reply very quickly to msgs as well. Amazing how quickly he did when he's such a busy guy!

DarkYoung
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
totally he's been round to my house a couple of times for a beer, and even shagged my missus.

Elvio Neto
11-12-2010, 08:34 AM
A.Paul does reply very quickly to msgs as well. Amazing how quickly he did when he's such a busy guy!

exactly , he reply 3 or 4 diferent email boxs + myspace facebook in a question of minutes (at crazy times of day and night) always with is characteristic spirit "no problem , im here to help"

i cant comment about other DJ/Producers becouse the only one i ever send messages was A.Paul (he was my favourite DJ/Producer arround 1993 , i start to understand techno music watching him live and listen is tracks)

MITA
11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
even shagged my missus.

:wave:

The Overfiend
11-12-2010, 05:45 PM
With the information age, people are bound to want more from the artists they love.
Mattias, you nailed it on the wall.
It's the difference between seeing how people come with a genuine approach as opposed to those who just want to leech or benefit from their relationship with you.

Veber
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
thanks guys - this info helps!

Luke_C
11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Paulo is a gent, really nice guy. Agree with Fridell though, nobody likes to be harassed. lol

djshiva
13-12-2010, 11:31 PM

This.

I definitely come from the punk rock school. I dig meeting people.

That said, it is amazing how many people lack even the slightest social graces when it comes to the internets.

Veber
30-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Well...as much reserved optimism as I had in people/artists/fame- it turned out to be quite an embarassing experience trying to contact him.

djveber@gmail.com

DannyBlack
30-12-2010, 11:54 AM
why's that, Veber?

278d7e64a374de26f==