PDA

View Full Version : resident advisor reveals their top 20 albums of 2010

blistanbul
16-12-2010, 06:04 AM
RA Poll: Top 20 albums of 2010 (http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1264)

what do you reckon?

SlavikSvensk
16-12-2010, 10:29 AM
i honestly don't know what the peter van hoesen album is so highly regarded. i thought it had some high points, but was really inconsistent.

the lcd soundsystem, virgo, matthew dear, shed and caribou albums would make my list as well, though.

SlavikSvensk
16-12-2010, 10:32 AM
i also think ripperton's album "niwa" should be included. that's one of the most original albums i've come across this year.

Numeric
16-12-2010, 10:33 AM
glad to see some decent some stuff in there such as hoesen and shed

the rest is wank, particularly lcd soundsystem, the most over-rated artist in musical history

SlavikSvensk
16-12-2010, 10:39 AM
the lcd album is fantastic, numeric, and the live show even better. they brought down the house at coachella, totally owned jay-z and everyone else. takes some patience, yes, but IMO totally worth it. i can see how he might annoy people though...kind of an asshole, and it comes across in the music. but i do think the album is really accomplished and doing something very interesting musically.

it's the hype surrounding van hoesen i don't get. half the album is good, sure, but the other half has been done so many times already...but hey, fair dos. it's all opinion when it comes to "best of" lists.

rhythmtech
16-12-2010, 02:50 PM
the rest is wank, particularly lcd soundsystem, the most over-rated artist in musical history

you're not alone mate. i just dont get them at all. seen them live in belgium and moved to a differant stage after a few songs. snorefest.

Numeric
17-12-2010, 12:27 PM
you're not alone mate. i just dont get them at all. seen them live in belgium and moved to a differant stage after a few songs. snorefest.

totally agree

a lot of my friends won't shut up about him (them?) but i have never seen the attraction personally

Numeric
17-12-2010, 12:29 PM
the lcd album is fantastic, numeric, and the live show even better. they brought down the house at coachella, totally owned jay-z and everyone else. takes some patience, yes, but IMO totally worth it. i can see how he might annoy people though...kind of an asshole, and it comes across in the music. but i do think the album is really accomplished and doing something very interesting musically.

it's the hype surrounding van hoesen i don't get. half the album is good, sure, but the other half has been done so many times already...but hey, fair dos. it's all opinion when it comes to "best of" lists.

each to their own of course, but the quality of his live show doesn't have much bearing on the quality of the album does it

DannyBlack
17-12-2010, 01:39 PM
A few of the lads are bumming them over here too atm. Not a fan myself though.

SlavikSvensk
17-12-2010, 01:40 PM
did i say it did? no, i said i felt the album is great AND the live show is even better.

obviously an album should speak for itself, but a band/performer should be judged on both recorded materials and live performances.

blistanbul
18-12-2010, 01:54 AM
i would like to check the whole list to see what is what.

i was impressed with some, some with not, some disappointed last year.

secondly is shackleton, villabos, luciano that good?

SlavikSvensk
18-12-2010, 02:02 PM
secondly is shackleton...that good?

do you like dubstep? if so, you'll like shackleton. if not, you probably won't.

blistanbul
18-12-2010, 03:52 PM
wtf is this dubstep shitte?

i like skream's new album is it similar?

amina kodum new music.

dubstep, minimal, just foking make good music.

kiko's new style focking sucks.

fock minimal.
:rucool::rubiggrin:

SlavikSvensk
22-12-2010, 10:11 AM
i'm not really into dubstep, per se, but like all other corners of the electronic music canvas, when it's good, it's just good music. monolake's last album was heavily influenced by dubstep, and was fantastic. joker's track "digidesign" is one of my favorites from the last few years.

Athar
25-12-2010, 12:38 AM
no Dettmann one ?
hmm... :034:

gunjack
28-12-2010, 12:47 PM
list is bullshit, RA is about a relevant as a joke about george bush.

SlavikSvensk
01-01-2011, 05:51 AM
RA is great, if you're into a few specific styles of music. If not, it's not.

278d7e64a374de26f==