PDA

View Full Version : robert hood leads

Bionic_Eye
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
can somebody give me some tips to create those type of leads
like in this video
YouTube - Robert Hood - Interior Suspect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlRngcycRbY)

what kind of waveforms and effects, pitch modulation

Lag
07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
if you want that synth just sample strings of life

qUE
07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
can somebody give me some tips to create those type of leads
like in this video
YouTube - Robert Hood - Interior Suspect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlRngcycRbY)

what kind of waveforms and effects, pitch modulation

Could be anything unfortunately. Although I know a fair bit of Hoods earlier stuff used a lot of DX7/FM sounding stuff, so maybe Yamaha DX7?

Of course, I'm biased about the DX7, so I'm likely wrong :)

Bionic_Eye
07-01-2011, 08:01 PM
its def a fm synth
mayb a D10 / 110

DJZeMig_L got some great advise here on the board
Make some solid notes ... make 2 duplicates on 2 different tracks...

Change they're start position make those lower in volume now random the volume of those tracks so that they kinda of come in and out in no predictable way!!

This is little crazy trick I used 2 do... 2 create some kinda of robert Hood/ Mills fuelled sequences.

The main secret is to have a few solid timmed/ volume notes in the more standard places... otherwise yer sequence will sound like a drunken keyboard player on an acid trip!!! lol

SX as some niffty randomise feat. 4 each track... b4 u had the IPS, Interactive Phrase Synt.

Z

BranLanen
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I think you can use an arpegiator and some delay + reverb, you can play only one note if the synth has more than 3 oscillators... or maybe you can play a note chord with a keyboard...
I'm not expert musician, so I prefer the first option.
Also you will need to adjust the envelope with a fast attack and not so longer decay...
I'm not sure of this, but maybe he used more than one waveform type, it has sawtooth, but maybe some sinewave too.

It's not easy to describe using words, especially if the english is not the native language...

Lag
08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
he makes most of his new stuff in reason so what synth it is doesnt matter
he just uses a lot of carefully made synths
my only advice to you is to work as quickly as possible to not grow numb because ull start percieving shit sounds as great sounds and vice versa..

278d7e64a374de26f==