PDA

View Full Version : this is so annoying laptop audio and netflix not working

blistanbul
10-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Headphone Jack to 2 RCA Jack 6 Foot $8.77 (http://www.mac-pro.com/iPod-Headphone-Jack-to-2-RCA-Jack-6-Foot)

i have something similar to the above product. the problem is after i hook up the rcas to my yamaha receiver, and headphone jack to the laptop headphone bit the audio still does not bloody work through my speakers.

what am i doing wrong.

it would be nice to hear youtube videos and netlfix movies through my speakers.
:icon_cry:

snooch
10-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Does the headphone jack still work with regular headphones? If not, it's the output settings on your computer. If so, try hooking something like an ipod up through the same connection you are hooking the computer up through. That's just to make sure something isn't screwy with the cables. If both of the above work, it's something in the settings on your receiver.

blistanbul
10-01-2011, 04:09 AM
how do you sort out your settings on your computer?

snooch
10-01-2011, 04:52 AM
What version of windows do you have?

blistanbul
10-01-2011, 05:19 AM
windows 7 home premium mate.

snooch
10-01-2011, 11:45 AM
right. I had to sort my computer out with the same issue except I was using optical cables. I'm on an XP laptop right now so I'll try and remember the steps I took. It was fixed in less than a minute. Go to your control panel and look for the audio section. There should be an output section on that page. There will be a menu that comes down listing different methods for output like usb devices, hdmi, optical audio and so on. I clicked on the appropriate one and it was sorted. If you don't see what you need, don't start clicking random items, I don't want to be responsible for screwing your computer up.

blistanbul
11-01-2011, 03:28 AM
if you can find it, i would appreciate it.

can't seem to find it on my control panel.

278d7e64a374de26f==