PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser's

ritaheed
29-01-2011, 06:57 PM
WTF is with the million different types of models of the same headphone?

a take it thats the newest one...

Sennheiser - HD 25 II Pro Closed Back Headphones (http://www.rubadub.co.uk/?node_id=1.6&id=20879&manufacturer=all&model=&category=all&results=&onlyInStock=on&pageNo=1&moreDetails=10#)

and then the same spec but cheaper???

Sennheiser - HD 25 II Closed Back Monitoring Headphones (http://www.rubadub.co.uk/?node_id=1.6&id=21650&manufacturer=all&model=&category=all&results=&onlyInStock=on&pageNo=1&moreDetails=4)

then a HD25 C ??

SENNHEISER HD 25 C MKII - HEADPHONES- A PAIR OF (http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR231340)

then just the HD25's

Sennheiser HD25 Closed Back Headphones | Andertons (http://www.andertons.co.uk/headphones/pid12408/cid600/sennheiser-hd25-closed-back-headphones.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping)

Had this problem before when I thought I was buying the HD 25's (whatever model) on the cheap and it turned out the output volume on them was well lower than the other models which made it shit for mixing in clubs

pion33r
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
All look the same to me!

To be honest whichever way spending £150 on a pair of phones is just too damn expensive for me...£50 Sonys are my usual and as far as I'll go...the extra £100 can go on tunes!

ritaheed
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
aye but mate wait till you hear the sound quality for the £100 odd. defo worth it

think il just go for the pro ones anyways

qUE
02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I personally don't rate them as a brand. They're pretty much bog standard bandwidth and the response you can find with other manufacturers much cheaper.

ritaheed
02-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I personally don't rate them as a brand. They're pretty much bog standard bandwidth and the response you can find with other manufacturers much cheaper.

tell us then mate :)

ritaheed
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
tbh am sick of cables and shit with the sennheisers ****in up, ive always got them and ive had to replace alot of shit with them

my first pair i ever bought was the sony mdr-v600 but now they do the v700. Only thing i didint like with them was that the ear cup part was a bit flimsy but im sure i read that with the v700 they had sorted that

also just noticed these

MDR-XB700 (MDRXB700) : Overview : Headphones : Sony (http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-extra-bass-and-dj/mdr-xb700)

going to be for the djing and the production

Going to head to the sony shop the morra and get a test drive of them both

qUE
03-02-2011, 04:55 AM
tbh am sick of cables and shit with the sennheisers ****in up, ive always got them and ive had to replace alot of shit with them

my first pair i ever bought was the sony mdr-v600 but now they do the v700. Only thing i didint like with them was that the ear cup part was a bit flimsy but im sure i read that with the v700 they had sorted that

also just noticed these

MDR-XB700 (MDRXB700) : Overview : Headphones : Sony (http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-extra-bass-and-dj/mdr-xb700)

going to be for the djing and the production

Going to head to the sony shop the morra and get a test drive of them both

Yep Sony are one of the manufacturers I would have said you get a fair deal for your dosh.

The others are Panasonic (which I've got the RP-HTF350 ones which also come with Technics logo on), they're a bit spacey, but okey. Under 20 squid iirc, which you can't argue with.

JVC do some good budget headphones, the last pair I had were ace imho, really direct sound and nice top end, although bass was a basic lowend 20Hz. I actually prefer them over my Panasonics, but probably personal taste. Good for ~15 quid if you go through headphones like I do :)

Tbh, the things to looks for are the bandwidth should be ideally below 20Hz and above 20KHz (aparently average human hearing can hear up to 36KHz)

the response is a bit questionable since you can pretty much get more response with the power you put into the speaker.

don't get headphones with a elastic band at the top of the head, they nearly always get destroyed with DJing. Although it's not absolutely necessary; look at the ear cup swivel joint, if it seperates on pressure and can be reassembled easily it's good, although I've yet to find a pair like this. Sony MDR-V700DJ which my mate has are very strong on that joint, sound is not too bad on them either.

There are probably many other manufacterers which do the same competatively priced headphones. I'd go with if they make other audio equipement and that's pretty good, then their headphones should be as good if not better. i.e. Bose?

qUE
03-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Ah before I forget to add to this thread, if you use any headphones with a sound chipset, make sure you've got the line output full wack then use the main volume control to regulate the loudness. Not only does this remove pretty much any noise produced by the op amps, but it also avoids the chipsets which don't have line out mixing being sustituted with software handled amplitude control, it degrades the sample bitrate and you'll get the illusion of faster dynamic response (it sounding louder when it's not).

Oh and I recommend you disable everything you don't use, like MIC in, CD in, etc. They are guaranteed to pick up line noise.

Also, although you can't disable it in XP onward (it's OS internal) is to disable any CPU cooling software, I've discovered they add noise.

SlavikSvensk
03-02-2011, 05:13 AM
sennheisers are often cheaper than equivalent sonys in the US. go figure.

love the sound, but totally agree on the cheapness of the cables. so frustrating.

qUE
03-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Also if you're using a laptop, get an external sound device (USB, etc.), the sound chipsets in laptops (well, and on modern PCs) are really nasty. Best way to probably test how much noise there is, is to compare a track on an external MD/CD/etc. player and then play the same thing on the PC, if you hear extra hiss or buzz there's something up :)

278d7e64a374de26f==