PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Russia competing in the Asia world cup?

C.O.Prodigy
29-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Northen Asia is Russia, so?

C.O.Prodigy
29-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Israel and Turkey fit into same category.

Why?

C.O.Prodigy
29-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I have nothing against Russia, Turkey and Israel competing in the Euro, but why not in Asia?

Japan now will play in the copa America and that's quite an honor.

Lovely Japanese volley to win the title. Brilliant.

Will
31-01-2011, 08:45 PM
The Israeli's might not be very welcome!

C.O.Prodigy
31-01-2011, 08:47 PM
They have the hottest climate in all of Asia.

Esox Lucius
31-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I have nothing against Russia, Turkey and Israel competing in the Euro, but why not in Asia?

Japan now will play in the copa America and that's quite an honor.

Lovely Japanese volley to win the title. Brilliant.

arabs would probably do another black september style op on them, turkey play in europe. russians are cunts.

blistanbul
01-02-2011, 02:41 AM
because turkey is both in europe (however small) and asia.

it is also in ascension talks to get into eu.

russia is partly in europe as well.

both countries fit the euro category.

however israel, central asian republics, and caucasus republics should not be included.

teams like georgia, armenia, azerbeyjan these countries belong to the asian organizations.

Microdot
07-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Northen Asia is Russia, so?

Because they play in the European Championship.

Hope this helps.

C.O.Prodigy
07-02-2011, 12:29 PM
they can't enrich both competitions?

Microdot
07-02-2011, 03:09 PM
they can't enrich both competitions?

no.

C.O.Prodigy
07-02-2011, 06:10 PM
then they should play only in Asia because they make more then half of the continent.

It was a different world 60 years ago, they should have played in Europe then but now I think they would struggle to win the Asia cup with Japan and Australia in the competition.

Anyway, its a different world today hence what I wrote.

I apologize if its sounds like i'm talking rubbish, I just think that football has evolved along with the players, so we need smarter competitions not archaic ones.

Microdot
08-02-2011, 02:01 AM
then they should play only in Asia because they make more then half of the continent.

It was a different world 60 years ago, they should have played in Europe then but now I think they would struggle to win the Asia cup with Japan and Australia in the competition.

Anyway, its a different world today hence what I wrote.

I apologize if its sounds like i'm talking rubbish, I just think that football has evolved along with the players, so we need smarter competitions not archaic ones.

They can only play in one. Either Europe or Asia. I couldn't care less which, but I'm sure most Russians would rather see them playing vs. Italy, Germany, France, Holland etc than vs. Japan, Korea, Australia etc.
I suppose it depends if you want to be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond.

SlavikSvensk
08-02-2011, 03:51 AM
turkey and russia are partially in europe. not that it matters. a bunch of other ex-soviet republics that are not--armenia, azerbaijan, etc. also compete in UEFA.

C.O.Prodigy
28-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I'll try again.

Russia has alot of registered football players, they could field a |b| squad to compete in the Asia Cup and be like a lead in to the Russia A team. If they do well, they get a call up to play with Arshavin, if not they rotate the players. The other teams get to play against diverse opposition, everyone improves, Japan improves and maybe we get a world cup in 2014. Its a win win for all teams in the Asia cup and for Russia who are mothers of Asia and can play great football.

If it were only about football then its really a win win.

Right?

edit: Russia : Most of it lies in Asia but more people live in the European part. Maybe that answers it.

I think Russia should go for it, then maybe play in the copa! :)

Microdot
28-02-2011, 03:07 PM
They can only compete in one of the continental competitions. The reasons for this are obvious and many.
If they want to play in the Asia cup, that's fine, but they can't compete in the European Championships if they do, and vice versa.

It's not really rocket science is it?

C.O.Prodigy
28-02-2011, 05:22 PM
You're right. Thank you.

There are rules. Uefa and Fifa go by them. I was talking about changing some rules so that footy could evolve quicker.

I know its about the money and Fifa enforces rules that are economical, I was just really inspired by Japan's volley to win the cup and a chance to play against Latino American national squads.
They only have that opportunity because a rule was changed. Good for the CONMEBOL. I say Brazil have won the world cup 5 times, they have earned to right for their vote to count, so have Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. Not to mention Mexico and Chile.
They all have agreed that change is good, when football is involved I would give the CONMEBOL the benefit of the doubt.

In other words, when was the last time you saw England play New Zealand or Australia or even Spain, or Germany play France. Rules changes could lead to diverse match-ups and even better competitions. Russia as the biggest country in the world, well you know...

Microdot
28-02-2011, 06:14 PM
You're right. Thank you.

There are rules. Uefa and Fifa go by them. I was talking about changing some rules so that footy could evolve quicker.

I know its about the money and Fifa enforces rules that are economical, I was just really inspired by Japan's volley to win the cup and a chance to play against Latino American national squads.
They only have that opportunity because a rule was changed. Good for the CONMEBOL. I say Brazil have won the world cup 5 times, they have earned to right for their vote to count, so have Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. Not to mention Mexico and Chile.
They all have agreed that change is good, when football is involved I would give the CONMEBOL the benefit of the doubt.

In other words, when was the last time you saw England play New Zealand or Australia or even Spain, or Germany play France. Rules changes could lead to diverse match-ups and even better competitions. Russia as the biggest country in the world, well you know...

The rule changes you speak of would not move the game forwards.
Russia, as an international team would be playing too many competitive games and the clubs with Russian players would suffer.

As club football is far more important to 99% of football fans than international football (despite FIFA's greatest efforts), any rule change that involved playing more international games would be a step backwards.

Also, the examples you've used are not very good.
England vs Spain and
Germany vs France
could both be common games under the current rules. They just haven't been drawn against each other very often in competitive matches.

C.O.Prodigy
28-02-2011, 06:45 PM
England vs Spain and
Germany vs France

could both be common games under the current rules. They just haven't been drawn against each other very often in competitive matches.

Exactly.

Russia would only play the competition for the Asia cup, they wouldn't have to qualify because they are Russia. So that's something like 3 games in the group and maybe a couple more after. 5 games to players who aren't playing any international football could prove very beneficial.

Noticed how Jabulani ball isn't used anymore but it was in the world cup? Stuff like that are not helping the game.

Also stuff like Lyon - Real playing year after year.

Club football in Italy is a joke, its open season on fixing games over there.

Did you see the Japan volley against the aussies? Harry Kewell missed a heap load of chances but they were actually saves from the Japan goalkeeper.

I think Russia doesn't have to play but it would serve them and the other countries in Asia more if some side shows up for those asia cup games. Really love it that Japan are playing in the copa.

Did you ever think you would see that?

278d7e64a374de26f==