PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win what this season?

Will
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I am of course talking about the PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

As a bare minimum for each competition I hope Arsenal win the Carling Cup, finish in the top 2 in the league, get revenge on Barca in the CL and avoid getting any more of our top players injured or worn out in the FA cup. I think we should use our youngsters in the latter against anyone outside the top 4 or 5, it would be obvious one to sacrifice if need be.

In fact I think I'd rather we won the Carling Cup than progress in the CL or FA Cup, just so they can get that monkey off their back and hopefully push on to win the league, those should be the priorities this season.

Someone feel free to post up the run ins for the top teams in the league!

Numeric
03-02-2011, 08:29 PM
perfectly reasonable targets for arsenal there, except revenge against barca

league: united
champs league: barca (i'm hoping united of course)
f.a. cup: any of the top four
carling cup: arsenal

SlavikSvensk
04-02-2011, 05:21 AM
yeah that's a sound set of predictions, numeric. can't really see anyone beating barca in the champions league, or man u in the premiership. the two english cups are more open, though. don't see chelsea winning anything this year, thank f*ck.

hope to see arsenal win at least something.

Will
04-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Man U have a much tougher run in than Arsenal though, from what I can tell - we've played Chelsea and City home and away and been to Old Trafford and Anfield.

United on the other hand still have to play Chelsea home and away and go to Anfield - who have both strengthened quite a bit, plus United have to come to the Emirates and play City soon, not sure if that's home or away.

I think our away form is the best in the league and we seem to have just about sorted out our home form, so if we can win the Carling cup and use that as a spring board I think we'll have a great chance of winning the league.

Of course just as Arsenal seem to have just about sorted out our home form, United seem to have sorted out their dodgy away form - hopefully that won't last though! Our toughest games to come are probably United at home, then Stoke away, plus we've got Spurs away to fit in somewhere.

SlavikSvensk
05-02-2011, 05:41 AM
I'd love to see Arsenal pull off the league. Got a shot at it, definitely, but if I were putting money on it...well, I might given a decent enough pt spread...probably not without, though.

Esox Lucius
06-02-2011, 12:02 PM
league - united
carling cup - brum city, honestly reckon they will do the arse.
fa cup - everton, united if not.
CL - hopefully united but more likely barca

Esox Lucius
06-02-2011, 12:02 PM
SPL - celtic

Esox Lucius
06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
scottish cup - huns

DarkYoung
06-02-2011, 04:06 PM
im really not sure - wide open i think - any of the competitions.

Esox Lucius
06-02-2011, 07:08 PM
scottish cup - huns

or maybe not, mon the replay :rubiggrin:

should have had em in the 2nd half, they were shite.

Numeric
07-02-2011, 09:52 PM
good to see louis bangin them in for everton recently, i hope he can stay fit

still one of the best stikers in the league when he's playing

Microdot
08-02-2011, 01:55 AM
good to see louis bangin them in for everton recently, i hope he can stay fit

still one of the best stikers in the league when he's playing

Great player.
If he could have got his head right (or been luckier with his fitness, whichever opinion you have), he could have been another Andy Cole.

Numeric
14-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Great player.
If he could have got his head right (or been luckier with his fitness, whichever opinion you have), he could have been another Andy Cole.

agreed, he's injured again now though :rutear:

united looking strong though :rucool:

Will
19-02-2011, 08:59 PM
What, after losing to Wolves? They look very strong at home, but a bit suspect away, to say the least.

Numeric
20-02-2011, 05:28 PM
after winning the derby actually, four points clear at the top

ritaheed
20-02-2011, 05:42 PM
SPL - celtic

Aye.... Ranger are shite, done ma head in today, Celtic well deserved the win

Will
20-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, Arsenal have picked up 8 points more than United away from home, having played a game more, United have picked up 12 points more than Arsenal at home, having played a game more.

Of course United still have to visit Anfield, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge with their dodgy away form, plus have to play a game more away. Our home form's been pretty good since the turn of the year and we have one more home game than United. They still have to host Chelsea.

United's 4 point lead looks far from insurmountable when put tinto that context, especially when you consider we've got some of our best players back from injury now, with Vermaelen still to come, and the confidence we've gained from wins over Chelsea and Barca.

If we can win the CC that could be pivotal to how we do for the rest of the season, though hopefully we'll use it as a spring board even if we lose, making us more determined to win the other competitions. Likewise, if we can finish the job against Barca we'll have a great chance of winning the CL and pushing on in the Prem etc.

Esox Lucius
21-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Aye.... Ranger are shite, done ma head in today, Celtic well deserved the win

innit, no way gers will do it now.

Will
21-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Shame, i was convinced Lennon was a terrible manager, threatening to transfer list everyone at the drop of a hat, I guess he's not that bad...

ritaheed
21-02-2011, 07:33 PM
innit, no way gers will do it now.

Nah man, we cant lose another game and thats gna be impossible tbh

Celtic are to strong going forward for Rangers and Rangers are far to weak going forward!

Nice tackle from Bartley on Brown in the opening moments though :ruwink:

Microdot
23-02-2011, 08:27 PM
League - United
League cup - Arsenal
FA cup - city
CL - rent boys

Will
24-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Something for everyone, eh?

Microdot
24-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Just got a terrible feeling about the FA Cup.

Numeric
24-02-2011, 11:01 AM
there's no way chelsea are winning the champions league

Microdot
24-02-2011, 04:59 PM

All of the big teams left in are capable of winning it.
The best team in Europe doesn't always win the European Cup.
Remember Istanbul?
Liverpool weren't even the best team on Merseyside that season, let alone Europe.

ritaheed
24-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Man United for the English premiership :)

Microdot
24-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Man United for the English premiership :)

As long as they can keep Scholes fit. The only creative midfielder at the club worth mentioning.

Numeric
24-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Remember Istanbul?

i've been trying to forget it :laughing2:

but yeah fair point

Numeric
24-02-2011, 05:13 PM
As long as they can keep Scholes fit. The only creative midfielder at the club worth mentioning.

last night was a shambles, you could even see scholes getting frustrated after he came as no one was showing for the ball

ritaheed
24-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Aye! Carrick has went a bit shit recently, Fletcher isnt playing to his best, Giggs is doing good a suppose, dont rate Gibson that much, Anderson is hit and cold

Still win it though :)

Will
24-02-2011, 05:52 PM

As long as they win the games against United I'll be happy, haha. They certainly have no hope of winning anything bar the CL, but I can't see them winning that, though only Barca, Real and the Prem teams could stop them I suspect.

Will
24-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say hopefully it'll be:

League - Arsenal
League cup - Arsenal
FA cup - Arsenal
CL - Arsenal

Numeric
24-02-2011, 06:06 PM
oh my days :laughing2:

how long are fabregas, van persie and walcott gonna be out for?

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 06:19 PM

walcott is a total pussy could be anything from days to months.

fabregas been injured all season with that hamstring again days to weeks, imo days.

van persie back for sunday.

Microdot
26-02-2011, 03:14 PM

not long.

Wenger more often than not makes out their injuries are worse than they are.

DarkYoung
26-02-2011, 04:15 PM
not long.

Wenger more often than not makes out their injuries are worse than they are.

like Hargreaves. lolz.

Numeric
27-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say hopefully it'll be:

League - Arsenal
League cup - Arsenal
FA cup - Arsenal
CL - Arsenal

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51445000/jpg/_51445857_martins466x260_reuters.jpg

Will
02-03-2011, 01:36 AM
So far Arsenal have taken 20 points from a possible 24 this year in the Prem. So we look to be the form team going into the business end of the season...

United have dropped at least 6 points...

Will
02-03-2011, 01:50 AM
United have picked up 16 points from a possible 24 this year (dropping twice as many as Arsenal), and have lost twice in their last 3 away games, whereas Arsenal are unbeaten in the league this year.

If Arsenal beat Sunderland at the Emirates we'll be just one point behind when United go to Anfield the next day.

Numeric
02-03-2011, 11:11 AM
yeah but we all know arsenal are a bunch of bottlers and will probably fail to beat sunderland

Will
02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
So far it's looking like United are the bottlers! The pressure's all on them.

There's no reason why Arsenal should fail to beat Sunderland at home. I seem to remember United being nowhere for a couple of years not so long back.

Numeric
02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
depends on how you define 'nowhere' really

at least during those dark days united won some silverware, which is more than can be said for your arsenal

Will
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
That's true I suppose, but I was talking about in the league.

BloodStar
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
PL: United
FA: United
CHL: Bayern

Will
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
You're not a United glory hunter are you?

Microdot
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Arsenal will beat Sunderland. NQAT
They've also got a much easier run in than Utd. Their only difficult games left are United and Spurs.

I just pray Fergie selects Wes Brown rather than Jonny Evans on Sunday.
Either way, I'm hoping he'll try and go for the throat and play 4-4-2 to compensate for having to use such a makeshift back 4.
Attack being the best form of defense and all that.
I'd expect Berbs to get his place back and Chico to drop back to the bench too.

Numeric
03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
apparently sir alex has already stated that wes will play on sunday

basslinejunkie
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
cant wait,hopefully we raise our game.just hope arsenal dont **** up,as they usually do.

Will
06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, we should have done better against Sunderlnad, but on another day, with a decent ref, we'd have won 3-0 - yet the idiots in the media try and make out they deserved a draw. If we'd won 3-0 they'd have said we'd cruised to a comfortable victory. It's annoying the way they just bend over for United, yet put up some resistance against us.

Anyway, if we manage to win our game in hand this time we'll be level on points with United... In fairness I'd rather United stay in the lead 'til right near the end in many ways, so the pressure will be on them and not us. Preferably they'd be top, but we'd have a game or two in hand and only 2nd on goal difference.

Will
09-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Just have to forget about the CL now, in a way I'd like to see an English team win it, but I think it should be Arsenal who are the first London team to win it, and Man U have too many annoying glory hunter fans where I live... Though it would be funny if such a relatively mediocre side won the CL.

In a way it's a good thing we don't have a Prem game next, but if we lose we'll have gone out of 3 competitions in under 2 weeks, dunno how the players would react to that, and of course United are big favourites for the Cup. It's the clash with Man U in the Prem that I care about, but I want us to go into the rest of the Prem games in top form and with the right mentality...

Will
09-03-2011, 12:38 AM
I suppose if Man U won the CL in a really flukey and undeserved way, especially over Barca, then that would be acceptable.

Numeric
09-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Anyway, if we manage to win our game in hand this time we'll be level on points with United... In fairness I'd rather United stay in the lead 'til right near the end in many ways, so the pressure will be on them and not us. Preferably they'd be top, but we'd have a game or two in hand and only 2nd on goal difference.

united are veterans when it comes winning titles and grinding out results in the latter stages of the season

all the pressure is going to be on arsenal

Numeric
09-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Just have to forget about the CL now, in a way I'd like to see an English team win it, but I think it should be Arsenal who are the first London team to win it, and Man U have too many annoying glory hunter fans where I live... Though it would be funny if such a relatively mediocre side won the CL.

liverpool '05? porto '04?

Numeric
09-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I suppose if Man U won the CL in a really flukey and undeserved way, especially over Barca, then that would be acceptable.

i like this :yup:

Will
11-03-2011, 01:18 AM
liverpool '05? porto '04?

Porto had some great players back then with the likes of Deco and co, plus Mourinho as manager. It's harder to argue about Liverpool, they had some very good players and just played a tactical, defensive game I suppose.

Will
11-03-2011, 03:01 AM
GK 99 VÃ*tor BaÃ*a
RB 22 Paulo Ferreira
CB 2 Jorge Costa (c) 77'
CB 4 Ricardo Carvalho
LB 8 Nuno Valente 29'
DM 6 Costinha
RM 23 Pedro Mendes
LM 18 Maniche
AM 10 Deco 85'
CF 11 Derlei 78'
CF 19 Carlos Alberto 40' 60'
Substitutes:
GK 1 Nuno
DF 5 Ricardo Costa
DF 17 José Bosingwa
MF 3 Pedro Emanuel 85'
MF 15 Dmitri Alenichev 60'
FW 9 Edgaras Jankauskas
FW 77 Benni McCarthy 78'
Manager:
José Mourinho

Some good players there.

Will
11-03-2011, 03:02 AM
And the starting line up only had one player who wasn't Portuguese, you don't see that very often in a CL final.

Numeric
16-03-2011, 11:22 AM
united through to the quarter finals of the champions league then

it was a bit nervy at the end last night, we were missing vida though, think we should of had a pen in the first half when nani was brought down but haven't seen any replays

marseille had some good chances, their fans are insane

chico :rucool:

Will
16-03-2011, 06:39 PM
How are their fans insane? And Nani's back already? I hoped he'd be out longer! I'm not sure I like Chico so much any more.

Numeric
16-03-2011, 11:01 PM
yeah nani's back, the injury was just a graze :ponder:

after seeing the highlights it was actually chico who was brought down, deffo a pen

the marseille fans were pretty intense, they made a lot of noise and a few didn't respect the minutes silence at the start of the game, they were shouting something when edwin took goal kicks too

278d7e64a374de26f==