PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL - can it be the best ever?

blistanbul
05-02-2011, 05:51 AM
I am hyped guys, and I think this game deserves a thread of its own.

Here are some of the news outlet we read before the game:

Breaking news, real-time scores and daily analysis from Sports Illustrated – SI.com (http://www.cnnsi.com/)

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports (http://www.espn.com/)

I picked the steelers, rothisberger to win the mvp for a thirty dollar bet.

I am thinking of taking the steelers between hundred to a thousand dollars for the win, but I have been unlucky with money lately.

And Rodgers can be on fire.

Also Buffalo 66.

What to do?

blistanbul
07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
it was a shitte game.

utter disappointment.

and no one is talking about it?

snooch?

slav?

co?

i saved 200 dollars by not betting.

i had the over right.

Esox Lucius
07-02-2011, 04:27 PM
who won the fudge packers? or whatever they are called

DannyBlack
07-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Have to say, just don't understand this game at all. had an argument with a mate at the weekend when we were watching the rugby. I called it puff rugby on account of all the padding they wear and the breaks every 5 minutes. Some o e break it down for me?

blistanbul
07-02-2011, 05:03 PM
the fudge packers won 31-25 was going to bet on the stealers but couldn't work out the payment system online.

i would've got the over and under right but would've lost my money.

the fudge packers were winning 21-3 until the stealers came back to make it close.

pretty boring game, stupid commercials and black eye pees were playing halftime.

hey at least i had wings and beer.

blistanbul
07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
danny i will break it down for you mate.

the game is tactical, there are plays, in order to make a play you have to set a formation in order to do that there are stoppages.

then it is offense vs defense. a touchdown is six points followed by an extra point.

let me know if you need more pointers.

Will
07-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Have to say, just don't understand this game at all. had an argument with a mate at the weekend when we were watching the rugby. I called it puff rugby on account of all the padding they wear and the breaks every 5 minutes. Some o e break it down for me?

From what I can make of it, a bunch of athletic guys try to shuffle their way up the pitch while a bunch of fat guys try to stop them. I could be wrong, but I think they get a certain number of attempts to shuffle all the way up the pitch for a touch down, then the other team brings on their athletic guys to take on your fat guys, and it just keeps going like that.

I seem to remember that they made some changes to stop it in being so defensive, but I attempted to watch it a few years back and no-one scored for ages and there was just no way for me to pay attention to it. I found the build up much more interesting, when with proper football the build up's something you have to endure before the (hopefully) good bit.

SlavikSvensk
08-02-2011, 04:12 AM
it was a shitte game.

utter disappointment.

and no one is talking about it?

snooch?

slav?

co?

i saved 200 dollars by not betting.

i had the over right.

i thought it was a pretty good game. looked like it was going to be a blowout early, then the steelers made it close again. wasn't a back-and-forth classic like some of the others we've seen recently, but still pretty solid and memorable. plus the better and more deserving team won.

SlavikSvensk
08-02-2011, 04:18 AM
the fudge packers won 31-25 was going to bet on the stealers but couldn't work out the payment system online.

i would've got the over and under right but would've lost my money.

the fudge packers were winning 21-3 until the stealers came back to make it close.

pretty boring game, stupid commercials and black eye pees were playing halftime.

hey at least i had wings and beer.

danny i will break it down for you mate.

the game is tactical, there are plays, in order to make a play you have to set a formation in order to do that there are stoppages.

then it is offense vs defense. a touchdown is six points followed by an extra point.

let me know if you need more pointers.

that's the basics. but it's an immensely complex game, in terms of tactics and strategies. only takes a basic knowledge to enjoy, but the more you watch, the more you learn, and the more you learn, the more you appreciate its complexities.

i've been an avid follower since childhood, and every year there's something new i learn about how it's played. plus, given the sport's intense focus on coaching and tactics, there are always new schemes, formations and defensive counters emerging (especially at the collegiate level).

it's the total antithesis of football's or basketball's tactical simplicity and improvisational play. love those sports too, for very different reasons. kind of like the difference between classical music and jazz, or between producing techno and spinning techno.

snooch
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM
I thought the game was alright but not the best out there. The halftime show was crap. Why did they let Fergie screech the lyrics to Guns and Roses songs? It entertained my three year daughter, but didn't make me or my wife bat an eye.

Will
08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I thought the game was alright but not the best out there. The halftime show was crap. Why did they let Fergie screech the lyrics to Guns and Roses songs? It entertained my three year daughter, but didn't make me or my wife bat an eye.

Because he's Alex Ferguson and people are too scared to stand up to him. You did mean that Fergie, right?

A good Fergie quote about Paul Ince could also be applied to him "He's a ****ing big time Charlie, he will bully you."

278d7e64a374de26f==