PDA

View Full Version : Techno Festivals this Summer :rubiggrin:

ritaheed
17-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Defo doing Monegros Desert Festival and Nature One :yup:

Anyone ever been to Monegros??

Been to Nature One a few times and its fuuuucking crazy!!

Monegros looks wild!

YouTube - Pet Duo (1st LIVE PA) @ Monegros Festival 07-07-07 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYmnmdSLdlo)

qUE
17-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Ah, gone off Nature One tbh. Only thing worth going for now is the Tresor Bunker and I'm pretty sure you can get the same deal at Tresor itself. The circus tent has been a sucession of let downs the past couple of times I've been. Kind of spoilt tho' by the fact the first one I went to was the 10th birthday and they pretty much went all out for that one, definitely glad I never missed that :)

Haven't really seen any line ups at festivals which make me get excited. Just doesn't seem to be much raw Hard Techno being played anymore. Maybe I've just got more heavy and abstract in my music taste as I've got older :/

One thing I'd definitely love to see again is Justin Berkovi with his Yamaha RM1X setup, that is properly ****ed Techno :)

Oh and another dude that blew me away, but was on too early at Nature One imho, was Massimo from Cologne, the set was pretty much flawless.

Obviously like to see Robert Armani again, but I don't think that'll happen, seeing him in London was practically a miracle.

Probably many others to name, but meh, like I said, unlikely to see all of them in one place :(

ritaheed
17-02-2011, 10:38 AM
No what you mean with the lack of raw techno and also with the century circus arena... to much minimal there!

Like Nature One for its campsite and the rigs.... good banter !

Theres a couple of proper good bunkers at Nature One aswell so a good bit to choose from but as you said its all about the Tresor Bunker

Think with European festivals its going to be minimal and schranz as your choice of music - not alot in between, maybe the likes of Dave Clarke and Ben Sims.....

Never done a festival last year and that was the first summer in 10 year that I never done nothing so defo want to get abroad for a bounce about this year

qUE
17-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah the campsite is great, but I can't help but feel something like that should exist in this country rather than me having to travel for it :(

Although then again, I can't see this country not having an authority which will bleed you of money and an attendance that will be as pleasently behaved as it is at Nature One :/

ritaheed
17-02-2011, 08:50 PM
lol exactly mate, total different crowd and organisers over there....

too much stealing, fighting, ppl being diiiicks over in the UK, dont get me wrong there are planty of diiicks @ Nature One (bumped into a good few) but you just couldnt get away with taking in turntables, mixers etc not to mention wood and hammers etc to build a fence like they do over at Nature One - defo could'nt trust a Scottish crowd with hammers anyways...

Where you from qUE?

qUE
18-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Where you from qUE?

Well not actually from, but I live in Bristol, where there seems to be a lack of Techno atm. unknownsoundsystem are trying to run a campaign at the moment to bring it back because from what I remember the scene peatered out a few years after the millenium.

I'm slightly in two minds myself at the moment, not sure whether the Bristol scene is so welcoming to us doing our stuff again, plus finances are always tight so no hiring clubs for me, also seems to be a lack of places to play audio crazyness south of the river (where I live) :/
Oh well, can only keep looking and maybe start the ball rolling :)

Darkmode
19-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm playing at the The Mystik Music Festival in Ireland in july

check out the website & the line up on the site

The Mystik Music Festival Ireland (http://www.mystikfest.com/)

ritaheed
19-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Nice booking mate :)

Hardly know any of the line up, maybe its cause there all irish?? dunno

But looks cool anyways!

ritaheed
19-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Love that Filterheadz tune on the website!!

Darkmode
19-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice booking mate :)

Hardly know any of the line up, maybe its cause there all irish?? dunno

But looks cool anyways!

I don't know if all of the artists are Irish but I know Christian Smith is playing there & some more artists going to be playing there which will listed on the line up soon

Frank Dogshit
04-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Monegros or Aquasella for me. The spanish appear to be the only ones good gunning for good techno still.

Did Nature One last year. Campsite was excellent, nothing like it out there but the music in the festival is pure dogturds. (bar the tresor bunker which was empty for most of the festival)

BRADLEE
15-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Looks good even job Connor coming back out into the fields....

I'm playing at the The Mystik Music Festival in Ireland in july

check out the website & the line up on the site

The Mystik Music Festival Ireland (http://www.mystikfest.com/)

ritaheed
16-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Monegros or Aquasella for me. The spanish appear to be the only ones good gunning for good techno still.

Did Nature One last year. Campsite was excellent, nothing like it out there but the music in the festival is pure dogturds. (bar the tresor bunker which was empty for most of the festival)

Never did Nature One last year, was the music really that bad??

The tresor bunker was crazy rammed both years I was there

Really enjoyed the century circus the first year i was there, Brixton and Space DJz (when they were playing jakn shizz) being the highlight. was basically made up of minimal and schranz apart from those 2

looking forward to monegros tho!!:rubiggrin:

clubsynthetic
16-03-2011, 11:44 PM
might do awakenings..

just back from bloc as you already know Nils..

Personally must have fests with choice but nothing out there serves me properly so i must compromise. Some artists I love only seem to play at certain things which gets on my tits

ritaheed
17-03-2011, 12:34 AM
just back from bloc as you already know Nils...

lucky knunt!! :ruwink:

qUE
17-03-2011, 01:44 AM
might do awakenings..

just back from bloc as you already know Nils..

Personally must have fests with choice but nothing out there serves me properly so i must compromise. Some artists I love only seem to play at certain things which gets on my tits

I find the artists you want to see play in amongst everything else. Even when it's a small line up.

But then again it could be I'm being too specific :/

Did I really comprimise on taste in music in my youth? :S

clubsynthetic
17-03-2011, 11:18 PM
i ahven't even mentioned any artists in this thread.

teknorich
11-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Anyone going to a festival then?

I've been looking for lineups for Aquasella 2011, but can't find anything. The have announced about 5 artists on their website, tho is nothing special so far. Looking at previous years, one day is always better than the other, so I want to see the lineup and then will probs go to one of the two days, just can't book anything until i see the lineup, cos if I go on the friday and it's all Booka Shade and Crookers ( :rupuke:) then I find out that Dave Clarke played the saturday, I will not be impressed!

teknorich
26-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Ok, tickets booked for Monegros, is gonna be massive:

Monegros Desert Festival (http://www.monegrosfestival.com/webapp/)

:1244:

ritaheed
26-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Moneeeeeegros style :rubiggrin:

YouTube - ‪Pet Duo (1st LIVE PA) @ Monegros Festival 07-07-07‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYmnmdSLdlo)

FuK-NuT
27-05-2011, 12:51 PM
awakefest again for me...lost count how many times we've been but always a fantastic place to be (if your a lover of techno of course)...

ritaheed
26-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Just back from monegros - cool place!!

Only REAL techno was oscar mulero vs reeko - quality set - missed paco osuna :(

dave clarke was shiiiiiiit! so was carl cox and ben sims and paul mac (killaz)

great hardcore going on and quality drum and bass aswell as spanish hip hop

pet duo well banged it out!! so did luka's and the other dude he does stuff with

to much minimilish techno which was shiiiiit!! but thats the norm now eh!

would defo go again but take warmer clothes because at night it was fuuuuucking freeeeeeezing!!!

millions of top quality mandy kicking about - was tripping like a mofo on the stuff!

recomend this festival, spanish are top quality sound people - dodgy italians selling dodgy gear and fighting with people too out there tiiits to defend themselves but apart from that it was well good

needed to be a 2 day event with camping a think though! 20 hours wasnt enough believe it or not

Marid is a quality place

Lodown on monegros if any one is interested!! :)

ritaheed
27-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Hellfish

‪Hellfish : Live Monegros 2011‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nqnPQBWQY&feature=BFa&list=ULj6495AXGmHI&index=10)

Some hardtek @9am - Narkotek

‪mdf narkotek lg‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw_QCM20mu0&feature=BFa&list=ULj6495AXGmHI&index=17)

Pet Duo

‪Pet Duo @ Monegros 2011‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xJoSpbqqQ)

‪Pet Duo @ Monegro 2011‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls7EIYmFXeQ)

teknorich
27-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Nice one for the review mate. A bit surprised Dave Clarke was so bad, tho tbh the few mixes of his I've heard in the last couple of years weren;t up to much - not half the energy, or attitude of his older stuff. Guess I'm living in the past!

Paco Osuna would have been minimal, am pretty sure, since he is now signed to Minus...

Gonna give those links a listen later, when I get home from work.

278d7e64a374de26f==