PDA

View Full Version : arsenal vs barca

Numeric
17-02-2011, 10:13 AM
i honestly didn't give arsenal any chance in either leg but they did really well last night

i felt barca under-estimated them a little bit

the second leg could still be the massacre that most people expected though

ritaheed
17-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Well played Arsenal in the 2nd half - couple of good chances in the first half aswell, good to see them beat barca though!

blistanbul
17-02-2011, 02:27 PM
arsenalllllllll!

Esox Lucius
17-02-2011, 04:18 PM
fair play to them, I reckon it will be a different story at the nou camp though. wilshire was awesome last night.

xes
17-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I missed the first half of this, which is a shame, cos it sounded like the half I'd have enjoyed the most. Fair play to the scum, you're going to get a good hard spanking at their joint though. (hopefully)

Microdot
18-02-2011, 03:13 AM
First half it looked like Barca were gonna spank them, and probably would have done if their second goal hadn't been wrongly disallowed.
Arsenal improved a lot in the second half but, in truth, were pretty lucky to get the win.
Cracking game though, both teams played some great stuff.

C.O.Prodigy
18-02-2011, 03:48 AM
http://sport.blic.rs/data/images/2011-02-17/117867_mesibarsagrafika_f.jpg?ver=1297965354

was this a good goal disallowed?

edit: @ the end of the first half. I saw no replay of it.

Numeric
18-02-2011, 10:07 AM
aye, the english media have kind of glossed over it

i don't think it will make any difference to the outcome of the tie

Will
19-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Arsenal created more chances than Barca, they taught us a lesson in keeping the ball, but we taught them a lesson in terms of making your posession count. 95% of the time their posession didn't hurt us, it seems a bit defensive if anything, keeping the ball as far away from their goal as possible to try and make it harder for you to score.

It was pretty even until they scored with a sucker punch, then they were better 'til the end of the half. We came out strong in the 2nd half and were the better team until we took the lead, then we just seemed content to see out the win when we had them on the ropes and could have scored 2 or 3 more goals if we'd kept pushing.

I think we've got the beating of them now, both teams can play their game away from home, so I don't think it'll make much difference that we'll be at Nou camp, Arsenal's away form has been better than our home form in the Prem, but they've got to chase the game now and we've already shown we can decimate them on the counter attack.

Last year we were missing 5 or 6 of our best players and the players that did play lacked confidence and didn't play anywhere near as well as they can, but we're in much better shape this season and took confidence from beating Chelsea, and we can take even more confidence from beating Barca, especially in the 2nd leg.

We've been pressing the ball much harder, and further up the pitch this season, I thought Wilshere was the best player on the pitch, and Koscielny was great for the most part too, so it bodes well for the 2nd leg.

Now if it'd been United, they would have been destroyed by Barca!

Will
19-02-2011, 08:50 PM
aye, the english media have kind of glossed over it

i don't think it will make any difference to the outcome of the tie

Did they? I thought that cunt Adrian Chiles was disrespectful to us throughout, making out there was a huge gap between the teams when we had the better of the chances and had more shots on target.

Also, I think the way we played against them in the 2nd half is the way we'll play against them at the Nou Camp.

Numeric
20-02-2011, 05:26 PM
you haven't actually beaten barca though have you, this is a two leg format and in reality arsenal have won the first half

barca's recent record in the away leg of champions league ties is fairly poor, they usually do better at home, it was only last season that arsenal pulled two goals back against barca in the first leg only to be sorely beaten in the second, messi will be much more effective at the nou camp, if you honestly believe that arsenal have the beating of barca i fear that you're in for a severe shock

arsenal are in much better shape than last season, but the hard work is still ahead

and why do you say that united would have been beaten? united are a stronger team than arsenal as our recent record against them indicates and the league table, i might add :rusmile:

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 06:18 PM
stop spoiling the fun numberic, speaking of arsenal i love this tune:

YouTube - Arsenal - Estupendo (Compuphonic Main Mix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSn2lC9YBJk)

brilliant!

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 07:48 PM
you haven't actually beaten barca though have you, this is a two leg format and in reality arsenal have won the first half

barca's recent record in the away leg of champions league ties is fairly poor, they usually do better at home, it was only last season that arsenal pulled two goals back against barca in the first leg only to be sorely beaten in the second, messi will be much more effective at the nou camp, if you honestly believe that arsenal have the beating of barca i fear that you're in for a severe shock

arsenal are in much better shape than last season, but the hard work is still ahead

and why do you say that united would have been beaten? united are a stronger team than arsenal as our recent record against them indicates and the league table, i might add :rusmile:

manchester should be renamed mcunited don't you think numberic?

buying players to fit the asian market, owned by rich jewish americans, buying established people(except for ronaldo) don't you reckon?

mc united!:icon_lol:

Numeric
20-02-2011, 08:25 PM
i'm not in the least bit surprised that you're an arsenal fan :laughing2:

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 08:28 PM
numberic you are jealous with envy i see.

Numeric
20-02-2011, 08:36 PM
jealous of what? no trophies? :ponder:

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 08:38 PM
jealous of what? no trophies? :ponder:

jealous of real proper bloody team kiddo.

all built and developed unlike mc united and the scottish wanker you have on avatar.

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Soccerpad: Latest news, Reviews, Previews, and information on Soccer, Football, Soccer Clubs, Soccer Training, FA Premier League, English Premier League, ARSENAL, FIFA, ASTON VILLA, BLACKBURN ROVERS, BOLTON WANDERERS, CHARLTON ATHLETIC, CHELSEA, EVER (http://www.soccerpad.com/entry/attack-on-sir-alex-ferguson-at-london-railway-station/:rubiggrin:)

why don't get is , wtf was a 'sir' doing at the train station?

surely mc united would've offered him a horse and carriage all the way to the red scum land?

Numeric
20-02-2011, 08:47 PM
arsene has to build and develop his teams because the club can't afford to make many big signings

it's also the reason why arsenal haven't won a trophy for nearly six years, your squad hasn't been good enough :rubiggrin:

edit: what am i supposed to be reading on that link? lol

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 08:49 PM
bloody trophy slag :rubiggrin:

only undefeated season my son!

go read about it.

will make you more intelligent.

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 08:51 PM
is that your nob he is holding besides his chin on your avatar?:ruparanoid:

lol.

trophy tart:rubiggrin:

Numeric
20-02-2011, 08:52 PM
i'll have to dust off the history books to read about that, we're talking seven years back, a lot's happened in football since then

and they say that liverpool fans live in the past :ruwink:

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 08:53 PM
i'll have to dust off the history books to read about that, we're talking seven years back, a lot's happened in football since then

and they say that liverpool fans live in that past :ruwink:

arsenal have revolutionized the bloody game numberic, your team has supersized it.

know the difference.:cool2:

Numeric
20-02-2011, 09:02 PM
sorry dude but how have they revolutionised the game?

yes arsenal do have a good footballing ethic but they're not the first team to try to pass the ball into the back of the net, and they're not the best at it either

and all of uniteds success over the past twenty years stems from a team built on youth

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 09:09 PM
yes in the beginning the mc united had plenty of building after circa rooney they became money whores.

arsenal and their fast-paced attacking style have inspired teams like modern day barcelona.

mc united fans will cry in sorrow when their rich jewish masters desert town and leave the fans like numberic switching to city.

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 09:16 PM
numberic please refer to the appropriate forum as you seem to have no idea about sports:

HARD TRANCE - Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/hard-trance/)
:rubiggrin:

Numeric
20-02-2011, 09:24 PM
so arsenal inspired barca? :laughing2:

edit: don't make me crash your minimal thread, i've seen the s**te that you've been posting in it

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 09:27 PM
so arsenal inspired barca? :laughing2:

edit: don't make me crash your minimal thread, i've seen the s**te that you've been posting in it

that's ace stuff mate, sure beats wanking off to kung-fu flicks.:rubiggrin:

Numeric
20-02-2011, 09:30 PM
your taste in music is as bad as your taste in film

try listening to some real techno instead of that minimal garbage :yup:

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 09:33 PM
your taste in music is as bad as your taste in film

try listening to some real techno instead of that minimal garbage :yup:

you are obvioulsy deaf as well as bloody blind my son:rubiggrin:

don't let the delusion trouble you, we love the laughs at your expense.:rulove:

Numeric
20-02-2011, 09:41 PM
being labelled as 'delusional' by an arsenal fan is a new low for me :laughing2:

blistanbul
20-02-2011, 09:45 PM
being labelled as 'delusional' by an arsenal fan is a new low for me :laughing2:

no that was when you joined for the red scum mcunited.

being an arsenal fan would be your pinnacle, too bad you don't have the chops to support a real team.

i am off to the beach.

take care mc united trophy tart:rubiggrin:

Will
20-02-2011, 09:58 PM

"The debate in Spain is whether you can still trust this team, or if there is actually something wrong with them, like a lack of confidence or physically lax, which is often the case around February. I am of the opinion that you have got to have faith.

However, I think Arsenal are now favourites to progress. If they play counter-attacking football they can take advantage of the absence of Gerard Pique and Carlos Puyol."

So says Spanish journalist Guillem Balague, I think he knows a bit more about Barcelona than you do. And by a bit I mean a lot!

If you take away tough games that United have yet to play, where Arsenal dropped 8 points, then Arsenal have actually done better than United, but for those games we'd be 4 points clear.

If you honestly believe that United have the beating of Arsenal (or Barca) I fear that you're in for a severe shock

Will
20-02-2011, 10:44 PM
And of course Arsenal have the likes of van Persie back from injury now, who's scored 12 goals in his last 10 games and has the best strike rate in the Prem.

Only 4 players started at the Nou camp last season that are likely to start this season (Clichy, Sagna, Walcott and Nasri), and the subs that came on were Eboue and Eduardo, so a far weaker team than the one they're likely to face this time...

Old team, and subs

Bendtner
Nasri, Rosicky, Denilson, Diaby, Walcott
Clichy, Silvestre, Vermaelen, Sagna
Almunia

Subs: Eboue and Eduardo (the face we only used 2 subs shows how many injuries we had)

Probable team for this season

Van Persie
Nasri, Fabregas, Wilshere, Song, Walcott
Clichy, Koscielny, Djourou, Sagna
Szczesny

Probably subs: Arshavin, Chamakh, possibly Bendtner, Eboue et al.

So of the 4 players who are likely to start both games at the Nou Camp, 2 are playing much better this season, ie Nasri and Walcott, and then we should have the likes of Fabregas, van Persie, Wilshere, Koscielny and Szczesny to some in. Plus (hopefully at least) the likes of Silvestre, Almunia, Denilson and Rosicky will be nowhere near the first team as they're nowhere near good enough, the first 2 certainly.

A big part of the problem was a severe lack of confidence, but we've beaten Chelsea and now them, so that shouldn't be a problem.

So basically, a far inferior Arsenal team took the lead their last season, and the 2nd half, especially the last 15 minutes show we've learned how to play against a team that's far more technical than Man U, Chelsea and co, who we're used to playing, whereas they're used to playing against the 'continental' football we play, as all the team in the La Liga play that way.

Numeric
21-02-2011, 10:06 AM
i like your optimism will but arsenal are not the favourites to progress, no matter how you choose to look at it

and you shouldn't put too much faith in the spanish football press, they are renowned for making stories out of nothing and are only printing mindless speculation to fill the pages of their rags, what are they basing their worries about barca on? the fact that they have only lost one league game all season? that they blew real madrid clean out of water in the first classico? that messi has scored over 40 goals this season?

arsenal surrendered a four goal lead at newcastle just a couple of weeks back, now you expect them to go to the nou camp and beat barca?

yeah you beat chelsea, but tbf chelsea have been awful this season (despite their good start), even liverpool beat them at stamford bridge a couple of weeks back

and yeah i do believe that united have the beating of arsenal, you haven't scored a win against us for two and a half years :rusmile:

DarkYoung
21-02-2011, 01:28 PM
And of course Arsenal have the likes of van Persie back from injury now, who's scored 12 goals in his last 10 games and has the best strike rate in the Prem.

Only 4 players started at the Nou camp last season that are likely to start this season (Clichy, Sagna, Walcott and Nasri), and the subs that came on were Eboue and Eduardo, so a far weaker team than the one they're likely to face this time...

Old team, and subs

Bendtner
Nasri, Rosicky, Denilson, Diaby, Walcott
Clichy, Silvestre, Vermaelen, Sagna
Almunia

Subs: Eboue and Eduardo (the face we only used 2 subs shows how many injuries we had)

Probable team for this season

Van Persie
Nasri, Fabregas, Wilshere, Song, Walcott
Clichy, Koscielny, Djourou, Sagna
Szczesny

Probably subs: Arshavin, Chamakh, possibly Bendtner, Eboue et al.

So of the 4 players who are likely to start both games at the Nou Camp, 2 are playing much better this season, ie Nasri and Walcott, and then we should have the likes of Fabregas, van Persie, Wilshere, Koscielny and Szczesny to some in. Plus (hopefully at least) the likes of Silvestre, Almunia, Denilson and Rosicky will be nowhere near the first team as they're nowhere near good enough, the first 2 certainly.

A big part of the problem was a severe lack of confidence, but we've beaten Chelsea and now them, so that shouldn't be a problem.

So basically, a far inferior Arsenal team took the lead their last season, and the 2nd half, especially the last 15 minutes show we've learned how to play against a team that's far more technical than Man U, Chelsea and co, who we're used to playing, whereas they're used to playing against the 'continental' football we play, as all the team in the La Liga play that way.
i think you should be optimistic.

arsenal need to play for a 1 - 1 result in 90 minutes.

they don't need a win.

Fabregas has even't hit form this season. I think this could be the match where he turns it on.

Will
21-02-2011, 03:24 PM
i like your optimism will but arsenal are not the favourites to progress, no matter how you choose to look at it

and you shouldn't put too much faith in the spanish football press, they are renowned for making stories out of nothing and are only printing mindless speculation to fill the pages of their rags, what are they basing their worries about barca on? the fact that they have only lost one league game all season? that they blew real madrid clean out of water in the first classico? that messi has scored over 40 goals this season?

arsenal surrendered a four goal lead at newcastle just a couple of weeks back, now you expect them to go to the nou camp and beat barca?

yeah you beat chelsea, but tbf chelsea have been awful this season (despite their good start), even liverpool beat them at stamford bridge a couple of weeks back

and yeah i do believe that united have the beating of arsenal, you haven't scored a win against us for two and a half years :rusmile:

If Barca are so good and we beat them, imagine what we'll do to a shit team like United! Arsenal are getting stronger all the time, with many talented young players, United are over reliant on their golden oldies who are in decline.

We were down to 10 men against Newcastle, and were complacent against Newcastle since we held a 4 goal lead and thought we had the game won.

Anyway, I think United will struggle against Marseille, never mind going up against 'the best team in the world'.

Numeric
21-02-2011, 05:15 PM
arsenal fans do make me laugh

the most arrogant and deluded fans in the league

do you honestly think that united are a 's**t team'? :rurolleyes:

C.O.Prodigy
21-02-2011, 05:58 PM
i think you should be optimistic.

arsenal need to play for a 1 - 1 result in 90 minutes.

they don't need a win.

Fabregas has even't hit form this season. I think this could be the match where he turns it on.

The question is whether Arsenal are better then Barcelona and would anyone like to see Barca in the semis of the champions league?

I think probably both Arsenal and Barcelona deserve to move on.

Both teams have something to prove, I think that Barcelona will advance though.

Will
21-02-2011, 06:50 PM
arsenal fans do make me laugh

the most arrogant and deluded fans in the league

do you honestly think that united are a 's**t team'? :rurolleyes:

Firstly, you thought Arsenal didn't stand any chance in either leg, so shows how little you know. Secondly, shit compared to Barca, yes, obviously everything is relative, I don't mean shit in the same way that say, Wolves, are shit.

Journalists are talking about Man U potentially being the worst team to ever win the Prem, if they were to do it, though Man U have a false position in the league, just as Chelsea did earlier in the season.

DarkYoung
21-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Firstly, you thought Arsenal didn't stand any chance in either leg, so shows how little you know.

don't worry mate, this guy knows very little of football but thinks he does, in this, as in all other matters.

in last season's boa fantasy football he did very poorly and then didn't even have the bottle to compete this year.

all talk i'm afraid dude.

i reckon Arsenal will go through shows how much c.o.prodigy and numeric know.

they only know the opinions of which newspaper they buy every morning.

Numeric
21-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Firstly, you thought Arsenal didn't stand any chance in either leg, so shows how little you know. Secondly, shit compared to Barca, yes, obviously everything is relative, I don't mean shit in the same way that say, Wolves, are shit.

Journalists are talking about Man U potentially being the worst team to ever win the Prem, if they were to do it, though Man U have a false position in the league, just as Chelsea did earlier in the season.

so what will that make arsenal then if they win it? :laughing2:

i think your problem is that you read too much about football and don't watch enough, try forming your own opinion instead of believing what is printed in the tabloids

Numeric
21-02-2011, 08:23 PM
don't worry mate, this guy knows very little of football but thinks he does, in this, as in all other matters.

in last season's boa fantasy football he did very poorly and then didn't even have the bottle to compete this year.

this from the man who has been supporting his team for all of three weeks :laughing2:

forgive me, you're clearly the oracle of all footballing knowledge

i honestly couldn't be arsed with the fantasy league tbh

DarkYoung
21-02-2011, 08:26 PM
i honestly couldn't be arsed with the fantasy league tbh

i was a bit pissed that you didn't bother, just a bit of fun innit.

Numeric
21-02-2011, 08:36 PM
if i'd have known that i'd be missed i probably would have joined

DarkYoung
21-02-2011, 08:36 PM
if i'd have known that i'd be missed i probably would have joined

next season ok!

your part of it. and league a bit less without you ok.

Will
21-02-2011, 08:50 PM
so what will that make arsenal then if they win it? :laughing2:

i think your problem is that you read too much about football and don't watch enough, try forming your own opinion instead of believing what is printed in the tabloids

What a silly thing to say, of course I form my own opinions, I just mention the journalists to reinforce my point.

If United win it, all the credit will go to Fergie, it will be his greatest achievement if he can win it with this team. Besides, Arsenal have had injuries and are a young team, they're a better side than they were at the start of the season... But United just have a knack of scraping results without playing well, doesn't mean they're a great team.

Will
21-02-2011, 08:52 PM

So it would seem... I see Numeric just accused me of what you accused him of, rather than forming an opinion on his own.

Numeric
21-02-2011, 09:00 PM
i don't read the papers so darktrons point is mute

i concede that this isn't the best united team of recent times

Numeric
21-02-2011, 09:00 PM
next season ok!

your part of it. and league a bit less without you ok.

fair do's, i'll join next season

Will
21-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Fair enough then.

DarkYoung
21-02-2011, 09:29 PM

imo Man Utd have got a really good squad.
Berba, Rooney, Hernandez, Nani, Vidic?

How is that not a good squad?

the fact they are at the top of the league speaks volumes esp to Ferguson's managerial quality after all this time.

the league has never been as competitive that's why it's so different this season imo

Numeric
22-02-2011, 03:16 PM
we do have some good players but there are a few positions in which united need to strengthen

carrick can't be trusted to anchor the midfield in the big european games when united play a 4-3-3

hargreaves would be the perfect solution to this issue if he wasn't broken :rusad:

Microdot
23-02-2011, 03:01 PM
"New Arsenal hoody looking sweet" :D

YouTube - Live + Breathe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuua8Rrz9Hs)

278d7e64a374de26f==