PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup draw

Will
21-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Looks like Arsenal will play united at OT, assuming we see off Leyton Orient, it'd be a shock if we didn't...

I think it's good we're playing the best teams left in the CL and FA Cup, we'd probably have to beat them at some point if we wanted to win them anyway, and if we're not going to win them there's no point playing more games than we have to in those competitions when we could be focusing on other competitions.

At first I was a bit annoyed that United have another home draw, but I think it's better this way, we can try to put right the last game at OT and it'll have less of an effect on the league game at the Emirates, which is much more important.

Of course, if we do see off Barca and United we'll have a great chance of doing the quadruple, assuming all the games (and especially the replays) don't catch up with us.

There were some other ties as well, but I'm not really interested in them and don't remember what they were! I remember Stoke, Everton and of course City, are still in it...

I seem to remember it's Reading v Everton, Villa v City, Stoke v bolton?

Numeric
21-02-2011, 09:43 PM
i knew that united would draw arsenal, should be a good game, and it will be interesting to see how strong a team arsenal are able to field

here is the draw

saturday, 12/03/2011

stoke city vs west ham united or burnley

manchester city or aston villa vs everton or reading

birmingham city vs bolton wanderers

manchester united vs leyton orient or arsenal

Esox Lucius
22-02-2011, 01:39 PM
still reckon the blues will be in the final myself :rucool: make up for a poor season in the league, we will do reading, and hopefully citeh if they do villa

Will
22-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I definitely hope City win it if Arsenal don't win it! Even though Mancini is shit and they should get rid of him.

Microdot
23-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I definitely hope City win it if Arsenal don't win it!

Manchester City represent everything that is wrong with modern football. Even Leeds scum recognise that fact.

Will
24-02-2011, 01:26 AM
How so? Heavily investing in a short period is the only way these teams can catch up with Man U et al, it's good for the Prem that there's more quality teams now, as long as they don't become too good. Man U have heavily invested as well, just over a longer period of time.

Besides, they've got 2 ex-Arsenal players, including a legend like Vieira! Maybe 3 with Sylvinho if he's still there...

Numeric
24-02-2011, 10:56 AM
city are a small club with a small mentality

they are trying to buy success the same way that chelsea did

their fans are among the most bitter and twisted in existence, a lot of them are thick too

Microdot
28-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Man U have heavily invested as well, just over a longer period of time.

There are some major differences, which I shouldn't have to explain.

But, basically, United generated money over a long period of time from their own success, whilst remaining remaining to be one of the cheapest grounds in the league to visit (This has changed recently because of the Glazers though and I think we're now about 7th or 8th most expensive).

If you believe United have bought success, what exactly have Liverpool bought in the same period of time?
Since Fergie has been in charge, United have spent less money on players than Liverpool.

Microdot
28-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Haha, I've just realised that, because of Birmingham winning the League Cup, Liverpool need United or Arsenal to win the FA Cup to be 100% assured of a place in the UEFA Cup.

Will
28-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Interesting, and soon only one will be left.

Edric
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Interesting topic you posted.i agree with you a team play well when all player are played like a team.

Esox Lucius
12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
new fella checked your roofing site out, are you a jew?

Numeric
13-03-2011, 11:00 PM
manc derby at wembley for the semis then

Will
14-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Bolton or Stoke in the final then...

278d7e64a374de26f==