PDA

View Full Version : Barca's football

Will
21-02-2011, 09:24 PM
After the Barca game the media were falling over themselves to give them the plaudits for their football, but how highly do people on here rate their football?

I mean, in terms of how technical their football is, I thought it was without doubt the best I've seen, it was a very interesting paradigm, in terms of how short their passes are, making it almost impossible to intercept them, and pretty much all other teams could learn a lot from that (unless they're intent to sticking to a long ball game of course).

But, I wouldn't say it was the best football I've seen, just the most technical. 95% of the time their possession wasn't really hurting us, they seemed to keep the ball as a way of defending as much as anything and they seemed pretty risk adverse when it came to creating chances, I prefer teams who go for the throat at every opportunity, even if it means giving the ball away.

I'd say I prefer the football of the great Arsenal and United teams of 1999 to 2005 or so, but the best football I've seen from my point of view was played by Porto at Old Trafford a couple of years back, where they played 3 forwards who were great dribblers and would take on defenders every time they got the ball. I'd much rather watch great runs than a team just passing the ball about.

Numeric
24-02-2011, 10:52 AM
i'd say barca now is the best i've seen, their performance against madrid earlier in the season was incredible

Microdot
24-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I'd much rather watch great runs than a team just passing the ball about.

Which, until this season, I've always preferred watching United's football to Arsenal's.
Less tidy, but more swashbuckling.

As for Barca, they play the best football of anyone right now, but don't know if it's the best I've ever seen.
If we don't win the European Cup I'd like to see them do it.

Will
24-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Don't you mean Arsenal?

I wonder how hard it'd be for other top teams to play that way, how long it'd take etc... The likes of Wilshere and Fabregas seem to be fans of Barca's style, certainly, and i'm sure they have the ability and intelligence for it, along with many of the other Arsenal players.

Microdot
24-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Don't you mean Arsenal?

Don't I mean Arsenal what?

BloodStar
25-02-2011, 01:27 PM
not sure, always felt a sleep about 5th minute,sooo......

Will
26-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Don't I mean Arsenal what?

I think you hope Arsenal win the CL if Man u don't, same with all the other competitions.

Microdot
27-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I think you hope Arsenal win the CL if Man u don't, same with all the other competitions.

No, I would rather see Barca win it than Arsenal.

Will
27-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Who would it be if Arsenal knock out Barca?

Microdot
28-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Who would it be if Arsenal knock out Barca?

prob Spurs (obviously won't happen though), then Arsenal.
I don't include Chelsea in the whole "get behind the English team" ethic, same goes for City, Leeds and the granny stabbers.

I've no beef with Arsenal, I just have a soft spot for Barcelona.
Having said that, I'd rather watch a good game, with Arsenal winning, than watch a shit game with Barca winning (that won't happen though, the second leg is gonna be a great game of football, whoever wins).

278d7e64a374de26f==