PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam

BloodStar
23-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm hugely impressed by this guy,. Imo, one of top5 midfielders this season. bigup for Charlie, looking forward to see you wearing united tshirt next season :]

Microdot
23-02-2011, 06:52 PM
one of top5 midfielders this season.

not even close imo.

Will
24-02-2011, 01:27 AM
United? Who do you reckon make up the rest of the top 5 then?

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 01:28 AM
not even close imo.

bizarre

Microdot
24-02-2011, 05:46 AM
bizarre

Better midfielders than Charlie Adam this season....

Samir Nasri Arsenal
Florent Malouda Chelsea
Luis Nani Man Utd
Luka Modric Spurs
Gareth Bale Spurs
Rafael Van der Vaart Spurs
Kevin Nolan Newcastle
Alex Song Arsenal
Francesc Fabregas Arsenal
Darren Fletcher Man Utd
Andrey Arshavin Arsenal
Clint Dempsey Fulham
Gareth Barry Bitters
Jack Wilshere Arsenal
Yaya Toure Bitters

yeah, bizarre that...

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Samir Nasri Arsenal
Florent Malouda Chelsea
Luis Nani Man Utd
Luka Modric Spurs
Gareth Bale Spurs
Kevin Nolan Newcastle
Alex Song Arsenal
Darren Fletcher Man Utd
Andrey Arshavin Arsenal
Clint Dempsey Fulham
Gareth Barry Bitters
Jack Wilshere Arsenal
Yaya Toure Bitters

yeah, bizarre that...

your just being childish (again) because he wants to play for a real team like Liverpool not scum like Utd.

Numeric
24-02-2011, 11:00 AM
he's decent, not sure if he's united class though

he's certainly had a better season than fletcher who seems to have regressed a little, arshavin has been poor this season too barring the goal against barca

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 11:01 AM

he's certainly had a better season than fletcher who seems to have regressed a little, arshavin has been poor this season too barring the goal against barca

and Gibson in all honesty is Utd class?

he had potential but i dont see him improving.

Numeric
24-02-2011, 11:03 AM
gibson is a train wreck, he hasn't even managed to score this season i don't think, last season he scored some real belters

united need to get rid of him, i'm sorry to say

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 03:18 PM
gibson is a train wreck, he hasn't even managed to score this season i don't think, last season he scored some real belters

united need to get rid of him, i'm sorry to say

me too i hoped he would really do well.

Esox Lucius
24-02-2011, 04:17 PM
charlie adam = dirty hun bastard, probably only joined blackpool cos their kit is orange.

had a good season though give him that.

Numeric
24-02-2011, 04:21 PM
me too i hoped he would really do well.

i think he did score a quality goal early in the season actually, against scunthorpe in the league cup

Microdot
24-02-2011, 04:53 PM
your just being childish (again) because he wants to play for a real team like Liverpool not scum like Utd.

seriously, are you retarded?

Proving that Charlie Adam is not even close to being in the top 5 midfielders in the country is being "childish"?

Is that your response every time someone shows you up as a know-nothing?

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 04:54 PM
seriously, are you retarded?

Proving that Charlie Adam is not even close to being in the top 5 midfielders in the country is being "childish"?

Is that your response every time someone shows you up as a know-nothing?

i think Adam has shown himself to be amongst the top five midfielders in the country yes.

i think your the one being a prat.

Microdot
24-02-2011, 04:56 PM
i think Adam has shown himself to be amongst the top five midfielders in the country yes.

i think your the one being a prat.

So, which players in the list would you say were not as good as Adam this season?

BloodStar
24-02-2011, 05:26 PM
imo, top 5 of the season:

Nani
Adam
Bale
Malouda despite chelsea is shite since december
Van der Vaart

United got shit midfiled tbh,. Carrick, fletcher, terrible,. Giggs, Scholes, too old,. Nani is good, but cant do it alone,.

soo, I am expecting Adam or Bale heading to united for next season.... shame, wesley sneijder signed for inter for next 5 years....

Will
24-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Arshavin's certainly been poor by his standards, and has been terrible in some games, but he's still 2nd in the Prem assists table and has scored a few great goals, like that overhead kick.

I think that cunt Hiddink ****ing things up for Russia by taking on Chelsea as well badly affected Arshavin, he admitted he wasn't interested in football after that, and he hasn't hit top form since. Hopefully he's coming into some form now though...

When you consider Nasri and Walcott have been in such good form this season, being 2nd in the assists table when you've been out of form is pretty good going.

DarkYoung
24-02-2011, 05:45 PM
So, which players in the list would you say were not as good as Adam this season?

oh come on your being pedantic now.

Adam deserves to be in that list.

Microdot
24-02-2011, 07:08 PM
oh come on your being pedantic now.

Adam deserves to be in that list.

Why would I put Adam in a list of midfielders who I think are better than Adam?
Doesn't make any sense, it's not possible to be better than yourself.

Microdot
24-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Nani
Adam
Bale
Van der Vaart

Nasri?

ritaheed
24-02-2011, 10:04 PM
charlie adam = dirty hun bastard, probably only joined blackpool cos their kit is orange.

had a good season though give him that.

Your terrible ya scummy taig oddity

Esox Lucius
24-02-2011, 10:08 PM
and proud

tiocfaidh ar la, up the pope :rucool:

ritaheed
24-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Watch the game the night?? nae bad eh :ruwink:

BloodStar
25-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Nani
Adam
Bale
Van der Vaart

Nasri?

Yeah, could be. I couldn't decide between Malouda and Nasri. Finally chose Malouda.

BloodStar
25-02-2011, 01:26 PM

Samir Nasri Arsenal
Florent Malouda Chelsea
Luis Nani Man Utd
Luka Modric Spurs
Gareth Bale Spurs
Kevin Nolan Newcastle
Alex Song Arsenal
Darren Fletcher Man Utd
Andrey Arshavin Arsenal
Clint Dempsey Fulham
Gareth Barry Bitters
Jack Wilshere Arsenal
Yaya Toure Bitters

yeah, bizarre that...

These're on the same level this season, imo. Rest is simply worse, I would say.
Dempsey, Bale, vanDerVaart, Nani, Nolan, Malouda, Nasri.

Esox Lucius
25-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Watch the game the night?? nae bad eh :ruwink:

let down by your scummy fans

Sporting - Adeptos do Glasgow Rangers em Portugal para enfrentar Sporting - RTP Desporto, VÃ*deo (http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/?t=Adeptos-do-Glasgow-Rangers-em-Portugal-para-enfrentar-Sporting.rtp&headline=20&visual=9&article=419326&tm=27)

disgusting song about the legend tommy burns, nazi salutes, lovely people :ruretard:

ritaheed
25-02-2011, 07:16 PM
aye Rangers fans are heavy scummy kunts - a went down to Manchester for the final and I seen what they were like... Would never travel to watch them ever again... but aye that sort of shit is shocking!

Microdot
26-02-2011, 04:12 AM
These're on the same level this season, imo. Rest is simply worse, I would say.
Dempsey, Bale, vanDerVaart, Nani, Nolan, Malouda, Nasri.

Modric is far superior to Adam imo. I reckon Toure and Wilshire too.

I agree that Adam is a very good player, but just saying that there's plenty in the prem who are better.

Microdot
26-02-2011, 04:16 AM

I usually leave the irony to the missus, but maybe you could take care of it in future.

DarkYoung
26-02-2011, 04:37 AM
I usually leave the irony to the missus, but maybe you could take care of it in future.

you mean take care of your missus?

if she's as stupid as you send her round, im sure could do with a real man for once.

Microdot
26-02-2011, 04:56 AM
you mean take care of your missus?

if she's as stupid as you send her round, im sure could do with a real man for once.

You can't even type properly you fcuking idiot.
Do you seriously expect us to believe that you've reached sexual maturity?

DarkYoung
26-02-2011, 12:59 PM

send your missus round like you'd like to and she can be the judge of that.

Esox Lucius
26-02-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.dadcando.com/Cooking/Images/jam-tarts425x310.jpg

Microdot
26-02-2011, 03:12 PM
send your missus round like you'd like to and she can be the judge of that.

what's your address?
I'll send some videos of Liverpool's glory years round.
You'll need a betamax player though.

Esox Lucius
26-02-2011, 03:26 PM
96 wasnt enough, 96 wasnt enough

DarkYoung
26-02-2011, 04:06 PM
what's your address?
I'll send some videos of Liverpool's glory years round.
You'll need a betamax player though.

pics or stfu

Will
26-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Don't take him so seriously, I'm sure he doesn't mean it.

basslinejunkie
26-02-2011, 06:10 PM
on current form adam is in the top 5 this year.there are plenty of other midfielders tho who i would rather have in my team.

DarkYoung
26-02-2011, 10:01 PM
on current form adam is in the top 5 this year.
tell that to MicroBrain

Microdot
27-02-2011, 10:54 PM
on current form adam is in the top 5 this year.there are plenty of other midfielders tho who i would rather have in my team.

according to the latest stats, he's not in the top 10.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Top10Midfielders/0,,12306,00.html

BloodStar
01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
not too accurate, as you can't measure importance for the team. i don't think eg totenham is falling down without van der vaart etc, but blackpool without adam yes.

microdot: modric with his 1 goal, 2 assissts and 0 importance for the team? :] no way.... Toure and wilshire = :D

Microdot
01-03-2011, 03:41 PM
not too accurate, as you can't measure importance for the team. i don't think eg totenham is falling down without van der vaart etc, but blackpool without adam yes.

microdot: modric with his 1 goal, 2 assissts and 0 importance for the team? :] no way.... Toure and wilshire = :D

yeah, that's why I don't normally bother with stats when things are plainly obvious without them.
but, this time, it seems the plainly obvious isn't enough on it's own.

not sure what the stats say about it, but Modric is far superior to Charlie Adam and his performances this season reflect that fact too, no matter what his stats say.
Wilshire again, far superior to Charlie Adam, in every department.
Toure is more a grey area but, if I had a choice of which player I'd want at United, it's a no brainer.
Toure all day long.
I really could go on listing players (forgot who I put in the original list and can't be bothered to go lok), but I think I've made my point pretty well.

Which was that Charlie Adam isn't even close to being among the top 5 midfielders in the Prem this season.

BloodStar
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Luka modric with his 1goal, 2assists, simply is not better than anyone with 7 goals and 7 assists. that's simple as 1+1.

Problem with Toure, he's playing at City, so that's honestly not someone i'd like to see at united. Then, his salary will be somewhere around double what you would pay for Adam.

Bale, Sneijder, that probably won't be possible. i would give Adam a chance, indeed if he comes for reasonable price/salary....

Microdot
01-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Luka modric with his 1goal, 2assists, simply is not better than anyone with 7 goals and 7 assists. that's simple as 1+1.

Problem with Toure, he's playing at City, so that's honestly not someone i'd like to see at united. Then, his salary will be somewhere around double what you would pay for Adam.

Bale, Sneijder, that probably won't be possible. i would give Adam a chance, indeed if he comes for reasonable price/salary....

Modric's stats won't match up to Adam's because he's a more defensive player. But there's no doubt in my mind, I'd rather have him at Utd than Adam.

Bale would be good cover for Nani and Valencia (If he fully recovers from his leg break), but I can't see him wanting to come to Utd to be 3rd choice for 2 places in the team.
Such a shame about Valencia because a leg break often takes a yard out of a player's pace when they return and his speed was a big part of his game. It's also no coincidence that Rooney's scoring rate has dropped dramatically since Valencia's injury.
If he's as good as he was before the injury, he's definitely a better player than Bale. Though Bale has the potential to be just as good, if not better, if he continues to improve at the rate he has done this season.

It's true that Utd are desperate for a good creative central midfielder since Carrick fell to shit but, imo, Adam isn't the man for the job.
Was hoping it would be Anderson, but he keeps taking 3 steps forwards, 2 steps back. Fergie originally bringing him in as a defensive midfielder hasn't helped his development tbh, but the fact that he's incapable of playing a full 90mins because of his fitness levels is worrying.

The fact that the Glazers are squeezing every penny out of the club in interest payments on the debt they've landed us with means we prob won't be able to replace Scholes any time soon anyway, so it looks like we're stuck with Anders for the foreseeable future.

BloodStar
02-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes, I agree with your points, even though I still think Adam would be good buy, indeed together with more 1 or 2 players. Strong midfield play is what united lacks at the mo, i would say. And it will be worse next season. If we count some injuries then it might result into disaster...

Anyway, there will be also Totenham and Liverpool hunting Charlie Adam, so it might happen that Modric or Kranjcar will be leaving spurs.

DarkYoung
27-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Manchester United set to make an £8m summer move for Blackpool star Charlie Adam | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1370336/Manchester-United-set-make-8m-summer-Blackpool-star-Charlie-Adam.html)

Microdot
28-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Manchester United set to make an £8m summer move for Blackpool star Charlie Adam | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1370336/Manchester-United-set-make-8m-summer-Blackpool-star-Charlie-Adam.html)

Supposedly a done deal for some time now. As have Ashley Young and Jack Rodwell.
They can't all be true, but any one of them would be an improvement.

Would rather see Utd sign Modric tbh, but it's not likely to happen.
Rodwell has alot of potential though, would be a good signing.

If United don't strengthen the midfield in the summer, they'll win nothing next season.

DarkYoung
28-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Supposedly a done deal for some time now. As have Ashley Young and Jack Rodwell.
They can't all be true, but any one of them would be an improvement.

Would rather see Utd sign Modric tbh, but it's not likely to happen.
Rodwell has alot of potential though, would be a good signing.

If United don't strengthen the midfield in the summer, they'll win nothing next season.

heard there sigin van der vaart aswell.

Microdot
29-03-2011, 12:01 AM
heard there sigin van der vaart aswell.

would be an improvement

DarkYoung
29-03-2011, 12:02 AM
would be an improvement

be nice to see them dump the glazers.

do u like them?

Microdot
30-03-2011, 06:16 AM