PDA

View Full Version : Ignitian Tech. at atomic jam the other day

Jimfish
06-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Anyone else see ignition technitian at atomic jam last saturday...
I have to say i was expecting much better things from that performance....

it was about 160++++ bpm and there was never more than 17.5 beats to dance to ....start stop start stop, no clever or interesting breaks, just bass kills with the button pushed out of time.....
Anyone know a reason why it was so bad? maybe someone had the flu or sumfin....

a very dissapointed jim that hour....luckily rolando was awesome and lifted the club back to where it should have been on what could be the last jam at the que club....

Adverse
06-02-2003, 09:45 PM
hey jim.. ignition played here quite a while ago.. and i heard the exact same thing.. sad really.

eyes without a face
06-02-2003, 09:55 PM
quite sad to hear that the boys werent on form, especially as their last visit to the jam was something special. and as for the time they did a live then dj set at voodoo... wow

MARKEG
06-02-2003, 10:42 PM
i heard someone say that ignitian was amazing! what sort of stuff did rolando play?

Jimfish
06-02-2003, 11:54 PM
well maybe thats some peoples idea of amazing
maybe they loved the speed of it all
Seeing Gardel at the fridge the week before set a benchmark for live techno for me...
I like most ignitian technitian records, but i have to say that really was,nt good...
Rolando was great as he came on straight away with one of the tunes ignitian had played (not sure if it was thier own or somthing they were playin on the deck they had hooked up) and played it at a sensible speed....the whole place went off twice as hard as it had before - generally he was playin i think loads of UR type shit as you'd expect, with quite a few older detroit tunes and quite a bit of mills in there i noticed...there was some other more euro stuff, perhaps a couple of mull tunes or sumfin too i think but i canny really remember much more specifics... just the feel of the set if ya know wot i mean...
a wikkid night wos had tho...

cept ****in easyrentacar.com, watch out if you ever rent from them as in the small print it says you only get 50 miles per day and you will get charged 20p per mile after that.... rum buggers stitched me up good

valentino K was ok , but i thought fenton could have been better he just played the same shit as valentino had just done, which gets boring after a while cos its just kick drum music - i like a bit o depth meself

god i must seem like a fussy bastard
im not really this fussy...... honest!!!
well, cept when it comes to cheeses of the world , but dont get me started on that one!

Adverse
07-02-2003, 12:05 AM
GARDEL! GARDEL! GARDEL! **** these guys can rock.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-02-2003, 10:54 AM
In rolandos set he truly represented the detroit/ UR sound. He started the set with Knights of The Jaguar, he played seawolf, Kat Moda EP, not the bells, Minus Orange. Was an excellent set.

Loved ades set nearly as much tho. Bit scrappy towards the begining but then he started belting them out with speedy j's remix of weather, leiblings mix of sea level, the wolf and loads more stompers.

lunatrick
07-02-2003, 12:55 PM
ok he was representing the ur / detroit sound, but it sounds a bit too 'rock arena' or greatest hits type set to me..... why not play something new instead of the same old tunes..good though they are. When you hear that somebody has played all their famous tunes, you just imagine them banging out the same set night after night like some rock band. I wasn't there so I can't comment too much, but I know jeff mills tends to play all his hits as well.....On the other hand if I went to hear Sven Vath or Chris liberator I wouldn't expect to hear an 'accident in paradise' or 'london acid city etc' over and over again...personally I like to hear people move on..Just my personal opinion...what do other people think?

Jimfish
07-02-2003, 01:08 PM
yeah, i know what you are sayin....
i heard a few recognisable bits in there, but detroit is'nt really my thang - although i do love to hear it....but does Rolando always do that or was he just doing it as it was a special night?
if he does always do that then i have to agree with ya's

Techno-warlord
07-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Had to reply cause I thought the exact same thing about a year ago (something like that, the months roll into one) at Atomic-Jam when Ignition Technition was there. Too fast. Although their releases are class!

Weird. Anyway, isn't it Mr D Clarke at the next one :D ? I'm from way down south and travel up to the AJ's because they know how to do a party, but don't get to here much about it once I've left.

ampassasinbirmingham
08-02-2003, 03:43 PM
yeah rolando does need to move on. Im not looking foreward to AJ at CODE again :?

Last time there was a 300 person overcrowd and u couldnt breathe let alone move. The chill out area was so packed that it was 1 in 1 out. There is abseluteley no place tochill and cool down.

The sound quality is brilliant, but ud bbe lucky to find a space to dance, and once u do u bump into 4 people every second.

Techno-warlord
10-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Didn't go to AJ at Code but heard the same story of it being a bit of a squeeze. Maybe they'll sell less tickets this time.

Do you still think it's worth a trip north ?
Of course it is !!! Surely. When you say you ain't looking forward to it, what you must mean is, it's goona be f-ing cold when you come out with a soaking t-shirt !

Esox Lucius
10-02-2003, 10:50 PM
code is a sh*te venue.

as for ignition technician being crap, they must have just been having an off day, as they are usually sh*t hot!

278d7e64a374de26f==