PDA

View Full Version : Filthy Industrial Hardcore Techno...

Pots
22-02-2004, 09:08 PM
What do you make of this:

http://www.reptex.net/omkara

I'm well into this gritty sound lately

dtl
22-02-2004, 10:25 PM
They are quite clever with the use of vocals and the arrangments are very innovating.... But their sounds is very much hardstyle..... Their riffs are sweet but the kicks and precussion are litreally same as 99% of other hardstyle stuff. I wouldnt really call it techno and that's just my interputation.

Eric.

jonnyspeed
23-02-2004, 01:37 AM
I'd call it techno but not very good techno :(

lohki
23-02-2004, 08:06 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: this is COOL !!!!! great drums !!! :love:

dJpZ
23-02-2004, 03:04 PM
I like it.. sounds like joshua

Pots
23-02-2004, 03:54 PM
I like it.. sounds like joshua

track names?

dJpZ
23-02-2004, 04:35 PM
lmao defo its not cheesy hardstyle, it's hardcore but it's an intro

pots : i didnt mean it's joshua but this sounds nearly like his stuff
If u want some info on joshua and his releases goto: striking-wave.com

loads of nice smpls there moreover ;)

VOMATRON
23-02-2004, 11:30 PM
aw no... this i can cry over :cry:

serox
24-02-2004, 11:29 AM
check some leo laker stuff. he has made stuff like this.

alot of french and dutch labels making this stuff. i often put it in with some hardcore/ indust / techno

jonnyspeed
24-02-2004, 12:42 PM
I've listened to quite alot of Leo/Switchblade and damn it has to be some of the worst production out at the moment - like that Ultra Funk EP is unplayable on one side because of distortion. Sadly Jackstar 8 suffers the same problem - sounds like its been recorded off a 1970s LW radio with the mono speaker blown. I like the tunes and think that Leo is a talented artist but seriously needs to up the quality of the production IMHO.

Peace.

VOMATRON
24-02-2004, 01:38 PM
those overdistorted beats turn me off completely too... in this case its particularly bad, which i guess is why i never liked industrial either. i like it hard(techno :P) but, when its this distorted it just sounds tame and soulless.

serox
24-02-2004, 03:28 PM
yeh i see what u mean. u cannot play it loud at all. very bad pressins. on cheap plastic.

Pots
24-02-2004, 06:32 PM
when its this distorted it just sounds tame and soulless.

(assuming you're still talking about Omkara, not Leo Laker)... I dont think the lack of soul is a problem at all. I think the bleakness is very atmospheric. And tame is not a word i'd use for it at all.

VOMATRON
24-02-2004, 10:40 PM
yeah, i havent heard any of leo lakers things sounding like this...
i dont know..i tried to listen to this tune again...and it doesnt seem very diffrent from some of the music a freind of mine was making some years ago. if people like this, they would probably enjoy some of the up to 30 minute songs he made back then.

and i dont know if i would really call it tame....more meaningless i think, at least to me...i think with some some images along with it, then i might enjoy it, cause i cant form any of my own listening to this.

i liked the final fantasy samples though :)

278d7e64a374de26f==