PDA

View Full Version : Fergie ends silence

Will
11-03-2011, 02:58 AM
"I have no excuses for the poor performance at Liverpool, who were the better team and deserved their win," Ferguson said. "I was disappointed because we didn't perform to the level I expect and which, to be fair, we generally achieve."

"Last season they faded around the February to March period to leave Chelsea and ourselves in a two-horse race that saw us pipped at the post by a point. I think most pundits expected to see something similar this season, plus a challenge from Spurs and Manchester City to make it even more difficult for Arsenal to get back up to the top.

"But Arsène Wenger and his players have rearranged the pecking order somewhat to come storming through to lie in second place. Clearly they represent the main danger to us achieving our ambitions in a revival of the rivalry of a few years ago, and I am sure they regard us as the major threat to their hopes."

Apparently this is United's worst run since 2004.

Just as I was beginning to think United wouldn't be speaking to the media again this season,I'd heard something about the blackout being decided before the Liverpool game, and they weren't even speaking to MUTV from what I can gather.

blistanbul
11-03-2011, 03:24 AM
basically fergie bracing the glory chasers for a rough ending.

smart man, shame people like numberic are too blind to see the truth.

Will
11-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Mind you, after the CC final, even if we beat Man u I wouldn't bank on us winning the FAC, especially with Man City still in it. I think we have a good chance of winning the league though, Wenger's tactics won't be such an issue in that.

blistanbul
11-03-2011, 04:08 AM
as long as we take the league from these manc scums i will be ecstatic.

Will
11-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Yeah, that's always been the main thing for me.

ritaheed
11-03-2011, 04:29 AM
NO CHANCE - United will do it, Arsenal 2nd

BloodStar
11-03-2011, 10:01 AM
haha,. dreamers thread, here...

Will
11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
As stated, United are on their worst run since 2004 - and I think we all know who won the title that year! Arsenal are clearly in with a good chance.

BloodStar
11-03-2011, 02:51 PM
haha,. dreamers thread, here...

+1

278d7e64a374de26f==