PDA

View Full Version : Pioneers of electronic music

blistanbul
13-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Hello mates.

I want this forum to be more interactive as possible.

I saw a mixmag or other dance mag say this before but who would you list to have made an titanic impact on the music my list:

aphex twin

boards of canada

autechre

vitalic

daft punk

jeff mills

eppertheleper
13-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Hawtin
Cisco Ferrera
Anthony Childs
Steve Stoll
Carl Craig

I'll stop there so somebody else can get some.

qUE
13-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Raymond Scott.

kthxbai

;)

...Dave...
13-03-2011, 10:24 PM
its all about 2 unlimited innit

techno techno techno techno:rubiggrin:

eppertheleper
13-03-2011, 10:33 PM
It still is, brother!

YouTube - Ray & Anita - In Da Name Of Love [OFFICIAL VIDEO] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wb0Xz7Rp6A)

Now I've got to go find the "Tracks that did it for you this year" thread so I can drop this link in. How I forgot it the first time is beyond me.

...Dave...
13-03-2011, 10:42 PM
It still is, brother!

YouTube - Ray & Anita - In Da Name Of Love [OFFICIAL VIDEO] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wb0Xz7Rp6A)

Now I've got to go find the "Tracks that did it for you this year" thread so I can drop this link in. How I forgot it the first time is beyond me.

muhahahahahahah. ****in ell:laughing2::laughing2::laugh2:

BloodStar
14-03-2011, 10:07 AM
kraftwerk are the only true pioneers

...Dave...
14-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I cant stand all this "kraftwerk are the pioneers of techno" bullshit.

all music has unlimited influence.

**** kraftwerk

Igneous
14-03-2011, 12:13 PM
As far as pioneers of using computers in music or electronic music then I'd have to say Kraftwerk, Delia Derbyshire, Gary Numan, Jeff Wayne(War of the worlds). I'd say these people had great vision & saw the worth in using computers in music, they took some of the first steps.

As for people having a the greatest inpact on electronic music, its completely subjective & down to personal view. I personally think a city has had the most impact, Detroit.

fatcollective
15-03-2011, 10:02 AM
DAVE the drummer and the rest of the SUF crew, the ones that produce tracks anyway....the invention of London acid techno has changed my life!

BloodStar
15-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I cant stand all this "kraftwerk are the pioneers of techno" bullshit.
all music has unlimited influence.
**** kraftwerk

I am speaking about electronic music and not techno,.

eppertheleper
15-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Ooh, ooh! Walter/Wendy Carlos. The Clockwork Orange soundtrack was big for me, and Switched on Bach was probably the first entree into electronic music for a lot of people. Some people wouldn't know how to mispronounce Moog if it weren't for her.

teknorich
15-03-2011, 08:50 PM
It still is, brother!

Slightly embarrasing to admit it, but I used to fancy the arse off Anita, ha ha! She's looking a bit chunky in this new video, but I still would...

:unibrow:

SlavikSvensk
16-03-2011, 03:25 AM
pioneers? most of those came pretty late in the game, even for electronic dance music.

kraftwerk were THE most important group for the emergence of electronic dance music, because they had the most powerful and direct influence on the music that emerged in 1980s detroit and chicago. but you have to put giorgio moroder, alexander robotnik, was (not was), etc. in the convo too.

as for all electronic music, well, then you have to go back to the 50s and tape music.

cossinnelle
16-03-2011, 02:28 PM
The beatles, Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock, The Pink Floyd... pioneers as well ;)

qUE
16-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Slightly embarrasing to admit it, but I used to fancy the arse off Anita, ha ha! She's looking a bit chunky in this new video, but I still would...

:unibrow:

nice norks, well I thought so when I was a frustrated teenager :)

Mattias_Fridell
16-03-2011, 07:37 PM
delia derbyshire & the mothers of invention

clubsynthetic
16-03-2011, 11:47 PM
once again...

quick n smart

3d!t

jamie liddell

some of landstrums stuff

scooter

clubsynthetic
16-03-2011, 11:48 PM
leftfield

blistanbul
17-03-2011, 01:40 AM
pioneers? most of those came pretty late in the game, even for electronic dance music.

kraftwerk were THE most important group for the emergence of electronic dance music, because they had the most powerful and direct influence on the music that emerged in 1980s detroit and chicago. but you have to put giorgio moroder, alexander robotnik, was (not was), etc. in the convo too.

as for all electronic music, well, then you have to go back to the 50s and tape music.

no, pioneers can be anyone in electronic music doing something for the first time, or coming out with some variation or popularizing it one way or another.

this doesn't have to date back to 70's or specific time frame.

those guys i've listed are pioneers on their own right.

basslinejunkie
17-03-2011, 03:23 PM
once again...

quick n smart

3d!t

jamie liddell

some of landstrums stuff

scooter

scooter?!?! that has to be a joke surely

clubsynthetic
17-03-2011, 11:17 PM
i saved the best for last