PDA

View Full Version : Dark, twisted, and burnt techno

dirty_bass
23-02-2004, 01:26 AM
A new tune I am workin on, almost, but not quite there. What should I do with it? More Percussion?

http://www.londontechno.co.uk/Tunes/ImmediateAggression.mp3

The Overfiend
23-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Bass the F*ck Heavy!
Support what this man does people.
There's heart not cash behind it!
:clap:

dirty_bass
23-02-2004, 06:19 PM
:oops: Cheers Antonio
No, no cash behind it, but I do accept checks! ;)

lee_lotzof
23-02-2004, 06:39 PM
i agree...

wicked stuff DIRTY BASS 002 rocks....!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Pipper
23-02-2004, 11:39 PM
ooh darkness! Great stuff bro!

Jimfish
24-02-2004, 10:29 AM
it keeps cutting out half way through my download :cry:

Some Guy
24-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Its cool so far, but you're right, it's still sounding a bit empty (which can sometomes be a good thing). I'd get some sort of dirty deep bassline in there... What are you using to make it?

Ok, I'm going to risk sounding like a cunt here.... I think it's a bit loopy for my liking, I prefer a little more variation :eh:

Some Guy
24-02-2004, 11:45 AM
It doesn't finish properly (on the correct beat) either and has some sort of jump type thing at the end that makes it go out of time ;)

dirty_bass
24-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah well the Jump type thing is out of time, but comes back in "in-time" as it were, if you were mixing, after 4 bars of the weird broken up bit, it goes straight back in to the 16 bar format. It`s just a bit of ponceu editing to make people falll over on the dancefloof, and to make the record sound like it is stuck ;)

There is no room in the mix for a bassline. Do you have tinny speakers?? I would have thought there was too much bass (being a habit of mine, but hey, I`m used to the 24inch bassbins on our rig)

Err it definitely finishes on the right beat, not that it matters.

Ok, I'm going to risk sounding like a cunt here.... I think it's a bit loopy for my liking, I prefer a little more variation

Don`t worry, you don`t have to like it matey. If everybody liked what I did, I would be on Top of the Pops and MTV, and you would all be calling me a sell-out.

Cheers for the comments though, anyone have any more advice?

Oh Jim, I don`t understand why your download keeps cutting out, must be a problem your end, ooerr!!

Some Guy
24-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah well the Jump type thing is out of time, but comes back in "in-time" as it were, if you were mixing, after 4 bars of the weird broken up bit, it goes straight back in to the 16 bar format. It`s just a bit of ponceu editing to make people falll over on the dancefloof, and to make the record sound like it is stuck ;)

There is no room in the mix for a bassline. Do you have tinny speakers?? I would have thought there was too much bass (being a habit of mine, but hey, I`m used to the 24inch bassbins on our rig)

Err it definitely finishes on the right beat, not that it matters.

Ok, I'm going to risk sounding like a cunt here.... I think it's a bit loopy for my liking, I prefer a little more variation

Don`t worry, you don`t have to like it matey. If everybody liked what I did, I would be on Top of the Pops and MTV, and you would all be calling me a sell-out.

Cheers for the comments though, anyone have any more advice?

Oh Jim, I don`t understand why your download keeps cutting out, must be a problem your end, ooerr!!

Yes, apologies for my knee jerk comments, I shouldn't have commented at all, considering I listened in work on my shitty PC speakers!

dirty_bass
24-02-2004, 06:11 PM
No, you`re all right mate, I welcome any input. ;)

dan the acid man
25-02-2004, 12:14 AM
darker than a being in a black hole thats been painted black, very good, some nice rolling strange synth type noises or whatever they all are.

VOMATRON
27-02-2004, 10:13 AM
this sounds really good DB, havent heard anything you made yet that i didnt like...not sure what might be missing....as the way the track is constructed i dont think it needs anything else...but still maybe some kind of very dark washy-vocal type sample coming inbetween could a bit to the darkness...some kinda filtered wave sound? think i would put something like that in, but not sure...i made a track some time ago a bit like this(still totally diffrent, but with a similar type of choir in the backgroiund going a bit the same way) and also had trouble making it seem finished

anyways this is really good work, it sounds great...gonna support you on this one when you get it released :!:

and i dont think its repetitive at all, especially not compared to many other things coming out

thomasdanger
27-02-2004, 01:44 PM
i liked this track!!

bring me more!

mindgame
27-02-2004, 06:02 PM
i like the bass - heavy but not hard in your face - id like to see suttin bleepy and rolly going on in teh mid section - or maybe a lil 303, but thats me - sounds good -

Inferno
28-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Yes,the bass is deep and heavy,but,like Mindgame said,it's not in your f*ckin' face (like boom boom ;) :lol: )

jake
02-03-2004, 11:16 PM
damn when is this coming out on vinyl?!?!??!?!? :lol:

dirty_bass
03-03-2004, 12:52 AM
I`m not too sure, I`ve got too much stuff for my own label (which has a very defined sound anyway), and a new label on the way, but that is for new artists.
So basically I have a load of this kind of techno and I don`t really know who to approach with it. Anyone know who I should send it too?

jake
03-03-2004, 01:01 AM
all your tracks have some dope low end and nice rhythm!!! whats your labels called? this track would go good on deafmosaic :D

278d7e64a374de26f==