PDA

View Full Version : Since everyone else on here seems to have a glory team...

Will
14-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Since everyone else on here seems to have a glory team... and to counter obnoxious Man U glory hunters (not just on here, and I'm not including Microdot in that), I've decided to take my own glory team to support as well as my local team from where I was born (Arsenal).

Now, let's think, if I'm choosing a glory team that I have no real connection with, who should I choose, let's think...

I know, I think I'll choose... Barcelona. So in future, any obnoxious Man U glory hunters who wants to compare team, we can either compare our local teams, or our glory teams. Either way, I think I'll win!

Barcelona have had several ex-Arsenal players over the years (and Febregas looks like ending up there), and Arsenal share a similar footballing philosophy, so I think by glory hunting standards Barca is an unusually legitimate team for me to support.

blistanbul
14-03-2011, 05:28 AM
you are right mate, barca nicked our style.

Will
14-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Haha, you could say that.

I think my local team needs to follow the example of my glory team now though, they've taken technical football to another level, so Arsenal need to work hard in training to try and emulate that.

Numeric
14-03-2011, 09:45 AM
this is a new low for you will :yup:

Esox Lucius
14-03-2011, 10:39 AM
united are my glory team i admit, although its more to do with a mutual hatred of red scouse vermin.

Will
14-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Haha Numeric.

I'd figured that one out years ago Esox!

Anyway, at the other end of the scale, my inglorious team is Cefn Druids, coolest name in world football, and they came to my attention when I noticed them propping up the bottom of the Welsh Premier last season with a terrible record (I think they lost pretty much all their games in a league that's shite to begin with).

I think we should all support them as our inglorious team.

Here's a pic of their ground.

http://www.cefndruidsafc.co.uk/frontpageweb.jpg

A nice counter point to the Nou Camp I'm sure you'll agree (or the Emirates come to that). I like the way there's only one tiny grand stand and one side of the pitch.

278d7e64a374de26f==