PDA

View Full Version : Francois K

TechnoLaydee
23-02-2004, 10:51 AM
anyone know of any sites where i can download some of his mixes? cheers

Esox Lucius
23-02-2004, 11:03 AM
soulseek?

not many of his techno sets knocking about though which is a shame, some nice house sets on soulseek though.

TechnoLaydee
23-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeh i got one of his mixes off soulseek but wasnt too impressed with it, was looking for more techno based mixes

SlavikSvensk
23-02-2004, 03:59 PM
that will be hard to find...all his body and soul stuff is of the house and garage variety...

...tell me if you find something though.

death on a stick
23-02-2004, 04:30 PM
He's not good when he plays only techno. FK is one of the most magical DJs on the planet, he does things with music that leave you standing with your jaw on the ground, wondering what the hell he's doing and how he's doing it. When he sticks to one musical style, however, he just doesn't come across in the same way. Still there with his arms out twiddling the knobs, eyes closed, feelin' it, but he just sticks to fairly standard tribal techno/tech house. Pretty dull imo. Seen him do it 3 times now, and none of them compared to him doing what he does best - mixing up everything for hours on end.

el_satan666
24-02-2004, 08:58 PM
this isnt the same Francois that wears glasses and used to play in Ireland loads and open for people like Mills etc. and often his support was better than the headline?

death on a stick
24-02-2004, 09:10 PM
No.

massplanck
24-02-2004, 09:52 PM
this isnt the same Francois that wears glasses and used to play in Ireland loads and open for people like Mills etc. and often his support was better than the headline?

! Theres only one Francois. And he's irish.
You too young to remember? !

el_satan666
25-02-2004, 03:59 PM
what you mean it is the same guy or isnt?

techno-wise I would be a little young, I was getting serious about techno as the Francois i'm thinking was leavin' the country. (Or so I beleive)

massplanck
25-02-2004, 06:21 PM
what you mean it is the same guy or isnt?

techno-wise I would be a little young, I was getting serious about techno as the Francois i'm thinking was leavin' the country. (Or so I beleive)

Thats the big problem for you young uns. To the rest of the world Francois means Francois Kevorkian http://www.jahsonic.com/FrancoisKevorkian.html

But in Ireland Francois means Francois Pittion the godfather of the irish techno scene
http://www.novadance.com/index.php?option=viewarticles&artid=107

He didnt leave the country. He just stopped playing, but I have a sneaky feeling....... ;) ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==