PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - Asylum

eyes without a face
23-02-2004, 09:21 PM
hey peeps, just wondering if anyone could check out a work in progress of mine and let me know what u think

this is a version i had to render using headphones so needs a bit of work but please let me know anyway

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Asylum.mp3

nice one

scott[/url]

eyes without a face
24-02-2004, 09:04 PM
please check it out now peeps ive reworked it alot

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Asylum.mp3

please let me know what u think! id be most grateful

scotty

dan the acid man
25-02-2004, 12:19 AM
theres potential here, some really nice breaks going on but it sounds a bit too closed in, it needs more space adding to the mix, keep up the good work though

dirty_bass
25-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I like all the breaks and edits, but all in all the sound is too dry. You need to apply a little reverb to more of you instrumentation to "wet" the sound down a little and to blend things together.
EQ wise, it all fits together nicely.
I like the jerky funky groove it has.

Nice, with some more work this could be proper groovy :cool:

professor
25-02-2004, 02:12 PM
maybe some chorus or ensemble on that high synth line to really spread the sound and fill the mix...
defo need some processing on the percussion.

I think this could be really groovy

The Divide
25-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Very nice indeed, it sounds great on me multimedia speakers. :twisted: I like this, like your timestretched hats n sounds

eyes without a face
26-02-2004, 03:29 PM
cheers Ferny mate, i picked up ur "Paranoid Inside" the other day, good stuff man altho i think i preferred the version u posted a while ago with teh vocal, i liked that, but wikid stuff all the same

ive sent u a pm by the way

ampassasinbirmingham
26-02-2004, 03:52 PM
After the last one scott im also licking this one. Id like to see you post more than 2min samples tho:( but i assume thats down to your webspace.

Liking that your heading towards your harder techno roots. Keep it up.

eyes without a face
26-02-2004, 05:28 PM
thanks mate, glad u like it

i only post short samples if i can help it for a few reasons, one being webspace as u said but another being just incase some lazy ass decides to steal the track, highly unlikely but i do know of cases where this has been done and i wouldnt be happy if a really decent track i had made suddently appeared with someone else's name next to it!

check my website for a bit of news ive put up regarding my tracks and a small, free CD-R based label im thinking of starting, just as a way of getting my tracks compiled into eps and out to those people who want em, like urself hehe

nice one

278d7e64a374de26f==