PDA

View Full Version : So bloody good

blistanbul
16-04-2011, 10:11 PM
YouTube - Vitalic - Bluesy Tuesday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkK-rHe7Wkw)

One of my favourite tunes atm and ever.:1244:

How lovely is it?

Gorgeous focking sound. Absolutely smashing it he did. :rubiggrin:

qUE
19-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Not as good as Poney imho.

blistanbul
20-04-2011, 02:51 AM
Not as good as Poney imho.

that was a different tune and time. and it is hard to compare it to now as that track was a classic in its own right.

i think this is a very strong track and a new fantastic sound.

all i know is i've listened to it probably more than poney. poney was great but there were too many people revealing it as the new coming of christ at the time.

anyways his first album has great tunes and marvelous variety.

vitalic is a genre of his own.

qUE
20-04-2011, 04:28 AM
vitalic is a genre of his own.

Not really, it's just French techno. Loads of French bods doing similarly great stuff.

Alan-osaurus Rex
20-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Not really, it's just French techno. Loads of French bods doing similarly great stuff.

That is French Electro-House, not Techno of any sort.

I try not to be a dick about genres but when I come to forums looking for techno tunes and have to wade through a heap of threads by people who can't tell the difference, it gets a little bit frustrating.

blistanbul
21-04-2011, 01:01 AM
That is French Electro-House, not Techno of any sort.

I try not to be a dick about genres but when I come to forums looking for techno tunes and have to wade through a heap of threads by people who can't tell the difference, it gets a little bit frustrating.

i see it more of a electro-techno than a electro-house.

it is bloody good that's all that matters.

@que

are to name some artists?

qUE
21-04-2011, 03:06 AM
i see it more of a electro-techno than a electro-house.

it is bloody good that's all that matters.

@que

are to name some artists?

I saw Arnaud Robotini live a while back and he was similarly like Vitalic, only live.

Dude I know in Bristol is making music - soundcloud.com/damienschneider

Tbh, I'm not really up with the scene since I don't play the stuff, but that's not to say I don't appreciate it.

and yeah yeah, I know I'm normally the one to start knocking walls down at people misusing the term Techno, but I'm just fed up of justifying what is Techno and what isn't anymore. Tbh, it doesn't matter, there will be a hoard of people ready to call Scooter and 2 Unlimited Techno over what I say, so I'll just band it around like everyone else :P

blistanbul
22-04-2011, 05:16 AM
I saw Arnaud Robotini live a while back and he was similarly like Vitalic, only live.

arnaud robotini is from france makes and house-electro but is not like vitalic.

he is the bloke from blackstrobe int he?

saw him in istanbul and was good but i don't think it was totally live.

i just wanted to see how well you knew that scene.

i know there are a lot of great artist from there but not many in the same calibre as vitalic.

i think most people here would agree with that latter statement.

SlavikSvensk
22-04-2011, 05:35 AM
thought this was solid, but wasn't spectacular.

as for genre-parsing...who cares? house and techno are just large, heterogeneous traditions with a lot of overlap anyways. if you listen to this track, there's house elements and techno elements in there. so what if it will get stuck in the electro-house section of juno? splitting hairs in the grey area is like stamp collecting.

force
22-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Not techno, not solid and not very good IMO

Jay Pace
22-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Sounds like an electro mix of an old boards of canada track. Not bad, but not my cup of tea.

blistanbul
23-04-2011, 01:03 AM
You have no idea what my tastes are.
I know what yours are and i think its pretty shit........imho

judging by the responses you post on the music i've posted i know you must like shitte to rant such response.

by the way, i've just visited your myspace.

you call that music? lol.

blistanbul
23-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Sounds like an electro mix of an old boards of canada track. .

Really? Interesting comparison. I like BOC a lot as well.

force
23-04-2011, 02:12 AM
judging by the responses you post on the music i've posted i know you must like shitte to rant such response.

by the way, i've just visited your myspace.

you call that music? lol.

Well, Singularity, Noise network, Damaged tracks called it music and released a few tunes that are on that myspace player mate, and Inigo kennedy played 'Hardminicid' in this set -
Inigo Kennedy @ TS0001, London - 30/12/2010 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/InigoKennedy.TS0001.London.30122010)

When it comes to opinions regarding music mate, i'm gonna trust their's over your's every day of the week with your track record.:rurazz:

I've given my honest opinion about the stuff you've posted without being abusive to you, although you abuse me for having an opinion.

Bitter little thing aren't you

blistanbul
23-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Well, Singularity, Noise network, Damaged tracks called it music and released a few tunes that are on that myspace player mate, and Inigo kennedy played 'Hardminicid' in this set -
Inigo Kennedy @ TS0001, London - 30/12/2010 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/InigoKennedy.TS0001.London.30122010)

When it comes to opinions regarding music mate, i'm gonna trust their's over your's every day of the week with your track record.:rurazz:

I've given my honest opinion about the stuff you've posted without being abusive to you, although you abuse me for having an opinion.

Bitter little thing aren't you

come one mate, don't act like an innocent virgin mary.

you were hardly diplomatic on this thread or the other thread where i've posted a video link.

you've posted your opinion, and i've posted mine.

it wasn't like i was going to turn around and change what i like to listen to with my very own ears because some fella i've never met before and whose music i don't like didn't like the track i've posted was i?

and honestly speaking i think you just don't like the song because you are an elitist and think acid music is the only good music good out there.

i just find your music taste poor and you feel the same about mine.

lets just leave it at that.

SlavikSvensk
23-04-2011, 05:16 AM
it isn't a bad track. it's well-crafted, well-produced, has some movement and so on.

i just don't find it exciting or a revelation. i found it a bit too obvious and formulaic. but hey, you didn't like those anja schneider tracks i posted a while back, which i think are brilliant.

the thing about taste is...it's personal.

blistanbul
23-04-2011, 05:49 AM
it isn't a bad track. it's well-crafted, well-produced, has some movement and so on.

i just don't find it exciting or a revelation. i found it a bit too obvious and formulaic. but hey, you didn't like those anja schneider tracks i posted a while back, which i think are brilliant.

the thing about taste is...it's personal.

i've just been too engrossed with my own music mp3s to really give those tunes a proper go.

from what i recall i thought one had a good groove, one i didn't really rate, and the other wouldn't open.

i'll give them a chance later.

slav, you should listen to this tune not on your iphone, but blaring through your bose speakers :icon_lol:.

DarkYoung
24-04-2011, 11:53 AM
what happened to the earlier banter?

it's messing up my twitter feeds.

basslinejunkie
24-04-2011, 01:36 PM
personally i think its quite lame.

blistanbul
24-04-2011, 02:32 PM
personally i think its quite lame.

a basslinejunkie doesn't like that bass?

lol.
:eh:

blistanbul
24-04-2011, 02:36 PM
it is ok guys the track sounds focking mean, especially when i have my car's roof off in baking weather blaring this.

it is a great tune, gives me goosebumps.

hahaha.

blistanbul
24-04-2011, 02:37 PM
what happened to the earlier banter?

it's messing up my twitter feeds.

shame cause it was funny.

basslinejunkie
24-04-2011, 10:39 PM
a basslinejunkie doesn't like that bass?

lol.
:eh:

the bassline of that tune sounds like my ass after ive had a mean curry.

whatever floats your boat tho i guess.

blistanbul
24-04-2011, 10:44 PM
the bassline of that tune sounds like my ass after ive had a mean curry.

whatever floats your boat tho i guess.

:laughing2:

seriously lad it is ace.

nice to pump that around in the florida sun with the roof off matey.

:cool2:

you are missing out like:wave:.

force
25-04-2011, 03:02 AM

seriously lad it is ace.

nice to pump that around in the florida sun with the roof off matey.

:cool2:

you are missing out like:wave:.

Yep, i can just imagine the scene!

DarkYoung
25-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Yep, i can just imagine the scene!

im trying my best not to:ponder:

force
25-04-2011, 11:23 AM
im trying my best not to:ponder:

morbid
26-04-2011, 10:32 PM
http://mti.s3.amazonaws.com/mopetta.jpg

blistanbul
27-04-2011, 03:54 AM
http://mti.s3.amazonaws.com/mopetta.jpg

:rubiggrin:

i'll be thinking of you lovely chaps and your drivel when i am driving my lovely car.

really will.

MARK ANXIOUS
29-04-2011, 02:23 AM
i love it! perfect summer stuff..

damn, sometimes you guys are soooo one track minded...

thanks for letting us know blistanbul :)

blistanbul
29-04-2011, 06:57 AM
i love it! perfect summer stuff..

damn, sometimes you guys are soooo one track minded...

thanks for letting us know blistanbul :)

no problem mate.

i've listened to this tune tons of times and is still great for me.

i don't mind the people who said it was not their cup of tea but you know majority of the people who slag this off are really doing this in their bedroom(here is an earlier pic dy sent me with his mates morbid and bassline):

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2010/06/jumping-jacks.jpg

:icon16:

278d7e64a374de26f==