PDA

View Full Version : D.A.V.E The Drummers 909 For Sale!

benji303
20-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Own a piece of acid techno history,
Roland Tr909 Classic Drum Machine | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180655608635&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT#ht_650wt_1058)

blistanbul
21-04-2011, 01:05 AM
so what is he going to use from now on benji to make acid?

davethedrummer
21-04-2011, 08:23 PM
yes it's true
Heres the sales pitch from eBay

The Grandfather of all drum machines has to be the Roland TR909

It is single handedly responsible for the creation of Acid House Music and beginning of the musical revolution known as Techno Music.
This particular 909 has featured on so many techno records that it's earned it's place in techno history just for that alone.
This is my drum machine, my artist name is Dave The Drummer and I have made about 200 records with it.
if you want to hear it in action you can check my discogs page http://www.discogs.com/artist/D.A.V.E.+The+Drummer (http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=180655608635&t=1245091552000&ds=0&js=-1&ssid=3&seller=davethedrummer909&category=38069&bv=mozilla&nv=2&caz.html)
and listen to any of my tunes that are listed there, they have all been made with this machine.

Why am I selling it ?
To be honest I don't really want to, but I haven't used it for years now, it's gathering dust and guess what? I need the cash.
So there it is.

It has been gigged a LOT so expect some dents and scratches, one of the 16 step buttons disappeared a few years back
so I replaced it with a new button sold by Chip for Brains here on Ebay unfortunately the color is not quite right, mine have yellowed a bit with age
so button 1 looks very gray, a bit clean and crisp in comparison to the others.

Yeah yeah, it's been in a smokey studio ( I'm really not trying to sell this am I ?)
I can't claim to have had it in a beautiful pristine environment all it's life like other Ebayers will pretend ( I mean, come on, it's over 20 years old! )
but I don't smoke any more and my studio has always been very clean and it's been looked after as best I could have looked after it, but I'm no angel.

But, I tell you what, oh boy, it works. And once you have a go on the 16 step sequencer and get into some real-time step pattern writing you'll be hooked. It sounds beautiful, no pot crunches, all the buttons and individual outputs work, everything works, full stop.
Dubstep, Grime, Hip Hop, Techno, House you name it this machine will stamp it's authority all over your chosen music, so watch those speakers!!

Plus I have a manual, yes indeed.

So, do you want it ?
well the answer is up to you my friend.

Sorry I'm not posting it , no way never NO NO NO please don't ask, I might have to swear at you.
I don't trust the royal thieving mail to not smash it to pieces so I'm afraid it's pick up only.

so there it is.

DarkYoung
21-04-2011, 08:26 PM
yes it's true
Heres the sales pitch from eBay

The Grandfather of all drum machines has to be the Roland TR909

It is single handedly responsible for the creation of Acid House Music and beginning of the musical revolution known as Techno Music.
This particular 909 has featured on so many techno records that it's earned it's place in techno history just for that alone.
This is my drum machine, my artist name is Dave The Drummer and I have made about 200 records with it.
if you want to hear it in action you can check my discogs page http://www.discogs.com/artist/D.A.V.E.+The+Drummer (http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=180655608635&t=1245091552000&ds=0&js=-1&ssid=3&seller=davethedrummer909&category=38069&bv=mozilla&nv=2&caz.html)
and listen to any of my tunes that are listed there, they have all been made with this machine.

Why am I selling it ?
To be honest I don't really want to, but I haven't used it for years now, it's gathering dust and guess what? I need the cash.
So there it is.

It has been gigged a LOT so expect some dents and scratches, one of the 16 step buttons disappeared a few years back
so I replaced it with a new button sold by Chip for Brains here on Ebay unfortunately the color is not quite right, mine have yellowed a bit with age
so button 1 looks very gray, a bit clean and crisp in comparison to the others.

Yeah yeah, it's been in a smokey studio ( I'm really not trying to sell this am I ?)
I can't claim to have had it in a beautiful pristine environment all it's life like other Ebayers will pretend ( I mean, come on, it's over 20 years old! )
but I don't smoke any more and my studio has always been very clean and it's been looked after as best I could have looked after it, but I'm no angel.

But, I tell you what, oh boy, it works. And once you have a go on the 16 step sequencer and get into some real-time step pattern writing you'll be hooked. It sounds beautiful, no pot crunches, all the buttons and individual outputs work, everything works, full stop.
Dubstep, Grime, Hip Hop, Techno, House you name it this machine will stamp it's authority all over your chosen music, so watch those speakers!!

Plus I have a manual, yes indeed.

So, do you want it ?
well the answer is up to you my friend.

Sorry I'm not posting it , no way never NO NO NO please don't ask, I might have to swear at you.
I don't trust the royal thieving mail to not smash it to pieces so I'm afraid it's pick up only.

so there it is.

maybe we should get in touch with the National Lottery see if it can prevented from being purchased for the benefit of English culture. Like Winston Churchill's war letters.

lunatrick
22-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm not trying to be pedantic, but if you've used it on all the releases on the discogs page then how come you also state in the same article that it hasn't been used for years?

just wondering like..

It's hard to know how much these things are worth now, personally I think the price is a bit ambitious, but then again I suppose anyone who actually has any money can bargain like mad, which probably has been built into the price no doubt! :)

morbid
22-04-2011, 11:18 AM
It's hard to know how much these things are worth now, :)

They go for £1000 - £1500 easy

Its worth what someone will pay for it

Plus this one has a bit of history

DarkYoung
22-04-2011, 11:25 AM
so what is he going to use from now on benji to make acid?

retirement innit

davethedrummer
22-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm not trying to be pedantic, but if you've used it on all the releases on the discogs page then how come you also state in the same article that it hasn't been used for years?

just wondering like..

It's hard to know how much these things are worth now, personally I think the price is a bit ambitious, but then again I suppose anyone who actually has any money can bargain like mad, which probably has been built into the price no doubt! :)

I think you'll find discogs to be pretty out of date ( well that and I haven't made much under my dave the drummer name over the last 4-5 years )
but OK you got me , not ALL the releases. Just the early ones. :cool2:

as for it's value well that's just anyone's guess isn't it?
it's not WORTH anything unless you want it, in which case it's worth whatever you are happy to pay.

I'm not selling it for £500 am I ?
it's still valuable to me too, don't forget.
basically I want to change the studio around a bit and the 909 as much as I love it has finally served it's purpose in my music.

lunatrick
23-04-2011, 06:27 PM
I think you'll find discogs to be pretty out of date ( well that and I haven't made much under my dave the drummer name over the last 4-5 years )
but OK you got me , not ALL the releases. Just the early ones. :cool2:

as for it's value well that's just anyone's guess isn't it?
it's not WORTH anything unless you want it, in which case it's worth whatever you are happy to pay.

I'm not selling it for £500 am I ?
it's still valuable to me too, don't forget.
basically I want to change the studio around a bit and the 909 as much as I love it has finally served it's purpose in my music.

fair enough, I've really enjoyed having it to loads of those releases :)

The vintage gear thing is a bit wierd, I bought an sh101 for £80 in 1995, and sold it for £375 in 2006. Somebody wanted it the next day after I put the advert in Sound on Sound. that stuff is seriously collectable

so the question is would you ever part with your 303? or would that just be a step too far!?

kev
28-04-2011, 09:00 AM
this makes me sort of sad, does this mead we will never see a dave the drummer classic analogue live PA again ( i know you aint done one in year but i live in hope)

benji303
25-05-2011, 11:18 PM
No one brought it off the eBay auction hopefully he's seen sense to keep the bloody thing

278d7e64a374de26f==