PDA

View Full Version : How the **** did Bale win PFA player of the year?

Will
21-04-2011, 05:54 AM
He's not even in the top 20 for goals or assists, so basically he's done nothing to deserve it. It just goes to show how thick and gullible footballers are these days, in this country at least. Technically it should probably have gone to Nani or Van Der Vaart, so I'm not bothered they didn't win it, it's just annoying Bale's undeserved hype machine has struck again. Nasri, Van Persie, Fabregas, Wilshere, Tevez, even Adam, would have been far more deserving. And I wouldn't have minded if any of them had won.

xes
21-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Ypu don't need to score, or even get assists, to be a good player. His outfield play has been outstanding. His runs down the wings have bamboozled the best, he's been an absolute rock, and his improvements just keep coming in. I'm pleased for him, he deserves it.

Esox Lucius
21-04-2011, 03:10 PM
a gooner complaing about a yid player whatever next, well deserved if you ask me.

Numeric
21-04-2011, 03:17 PM
i was shocked to hear that he won it tbh

and that wilshire had won young player of the year too

BloodStar
21-04-2011, 03:48 PM
bale and wilshire, lol. da silva borthers would made much better than these two, but nevermind.

Nani should win imo. he had much better season than bale who was hit/miss. the hatttrick against inter was class, but that's not enough, i am afraid.

Will
22-04-2011, 04:56 AM
i was shocked to hear that he won it tbh

and that wilshire had won young player of the year too

I wasn't surpised by either, Wilshere's was at least deserved though (even if it doesn't mean much), who exactly should have won it then?

Microdot
22-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Nani should have won it. He wasn't even nominated.

Tevez is the only player I think comes close to Nani this season.

Bale is a good player, but a perfect example of people just agreeing with what the media tells them without actually seeing him play on a regular basis.
Charlie Adam is another perfect example of this.

DarkYoung
22-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Nani should have won it. He wasn't even nominated.

Tevez is the only player I think comes close to Nani this season.

Bale is a good player, but a perfect example of people just agreeing with what the media tells them without actually seeing him play on a regular basis.
Charlie Adam is another perfect example of this.

i think Giggs should have got it, for a guy his age the quality of his football when he has played has been world class.

truly an example of a great footballer and he should have been given that recognition, not Bale, he's still got a lot to prove.

Microdot
22-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Forgot to mention Scott Parker in that last post who, coincidentally, has just been announced as the football writer's player of the year.

Great player, nowhere near to deserving a Player of the year award though.

basslinejunkie
22-04-2011, 02:22 PM
hate to say it,but nani should of won.

i remember yrs ago people were slagging him off,but i always knew he was an outstanding player.very similar to ronaldo.

lets just hope it isnt long before he goes to madrid also and the scum continue to be madrids feeder club.

Numeric
27-04-2011, 10:13 AM
nani didn't win it because players don't like his theatrics, he'll either have to start manning up a bit or score so many goals that players can't not vote for him, like when cristiano won it a few years back

Microdot
27-04-2011, 01:29 PM
nani didn't win it because players don't like his theatrics, he'll either have to start manning up a bit or score so many goals that players can't not vote for him, like when cristiano won it a few years back

shouldn't make any odds.
He's been the best player in the league this season by some distance.

278d7e64a374de26f==