PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Man U

Will
27-04-2011, 04:47 AM
I have a horrible feeling that Arsenal will all, but gift the title to United with another trademark capitulation to heap more shame on this great club with a pitiful team. Hopefully we can get a draw at least, I'm pretty sure that's the best we can hope for, even with United's poor away form in the league.

The only player who can really hold his head up this year is van Persie, I'm pretty certain we'll never win anything under Wenger now, even if we spent over £100m in the summer, which isn't going to happen.

blistanbul
27-04-2011, 05:13 AM
I have a horrible feeling that Arsenal will all, but gift the title to United with another trademark capitulation to heap more shame on this great club with a pitiful team. Hopefully we can get a draw at least, I'm pretty sure that's the best we can hope for, even with United's poor away form in the league.

The only player who can really hold his head up this year is van Persie, I'm pretty certain we'll never win anything under Wenger now, even if we spent over £100m in the summer, which isn't going to happen.

i concur.

Esox Lucius
27-04-2011, 09:13 AM
they will rape you.

Numeric
27-04-2011, 09:58 AM
supremely confident that united will beat arsenal on sunday

DarkYoung
27-04-2011, 10:02 AM
who cares

DarkYoung
27-04-2011, 10:03 AM
only one team with genuine quality in premiership now.

Numeric
27-04-2011, 10:09 AM
who cares

me, i'd like united to make a statement by beating arsenal and chelsea en route to winning the league

Microdot
27-04-2011, 01:33 PM

very true.
and if they win their next 2 games it's all over.
I reckon a point from each will probably do it tbh.

Will
27-04-2011, 04:27 PM
me, i'd like united to make a statement by beating arsenal and chelsea en route to winning the league

Arsenal are in such poor form it wouldn't make a statement, and Chelsea's mid-season collpse, plus United's almost flawless home form, beating them wouldn't make much of a statement either. Outplaying Barca in the final would make a statement, but I can't see that happening, even if you do somehow win.

Will
27-04-2011, 04:32 PM
very true.

True, a point in each would do it, with around 98% certainty. Even if United somehow lost away to Blackburn, they've got an easy home game up last, I forget who against....

Forgot to say, considering Liverpool took 6 points off Chelsea and caused Arsenal to drop 4 points, it'll serve them right if United break their record, especially since they haven't put up a fight themselves for the past 2 or3 years.

Will
27-04-2011, 04:40 PM

I wouldn't say it's a question of quality so much as professinalism and having a winners mentality, unlike Arsenal's loser mentality.

The strage thing is Arsenal went to shit after our best result of the season against Barca. Since then, in 11 games we've only beaten Leyton orient and Stoke at home and Blackpool away - 3 incredibly easy games, and most of the games we didn't win should have been easy too.

Microdot
27-04-2011, 05:23 PM
True, a point in each would do it, with around 98% certainty. Even if United somehow lost away to Blackburn, they've got an easy home game up last, I forget who against....

Forgot to say, considering Liverpool took 6 points off Chelsea and caused Arsenal to drop 4 points, it'll serve them right if United break their record, especially since they haven't put up a fight themselves for the past 2 or3 years.

It's not really their fault that they're simply not good enough.

Numeric
28-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Arsenal are in such poor form it wouldn't make a statement, and Chelsea's mid-season collpse, plus United's almost flawless home form, beating them wouldn't make much of a statement either. Outplaying Barca in the final would make a statement, but I can't see that happening, even if you do somehow win.

beating your main rivals in the closing stages of the season to secure the title is gonna make a statement whatever their current form may be

if united do beat barca to win the champions league i won't care how it happens, scrappy own goal by pique, scuffed finish from chico or wonder strike from rooney, i'll take anything

Microdot
28-04-2011, 10:40 PM
beating your main rivals in the closing stages of the season to secure the title is gonna make a statement whatever their current form may be

if united do beat barca to win the champions league i won't care how it happens, scrappy own goal by pique, scuffed finish from chico or wonder strike from rooney, i'll take anything

Chelsea's current form is actually the best in the league.

DarkYoung
29-04-2011, 12:26 AM
very true.

im not convinced, Kenny would have taken Liverpool to the top of the table if he been appointed at the start of the season, as well you know.

Microdot
29-04-2011, 05:59 AM
........Kenny would have taken Liverpool to the top of the table if he been appointed at the start of the season, as well you know.

pure comedy. you should support City.

DarkYoung
29-04-2011, 05:38 PM
pure comedy. you should support City.

really. it's completely abitrary which team you would be supporting now.

it could so easily have been Liverpool.

Microdot
29-04-2011, 06:31 PM
really. it's completely abitrary which team you would be supporting now.

it could so easily have been Liverpool.

Very unlikely. Don't know anyone in Manchester who supports the vermin.

DarkYoung
29-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Very unlikely. Don't know anyone in Manchester who supports the vermin.
i thought you lived in Yorkshire?

Microdot
29-04-2011, 10:12 PM
i thought you lived in Yorkshire?

I chose my football team when I was 6 or 7 years old, when I still lived in Manchester.
I'd already learned not to tell lies or make up stories by that age, so obviously supporting City was out of the question.
So it could only have ever been one team for me.

Esox Lucius
30-04-2011, 10:49 AM
cant wait till tomorrow, fridge stocked with kopparberg and meat for barby, highlight of the day will be wengers face at the end of the game, sacre bleu!

Will
30-04-2011, 10:10 PM
The pressure's on United after Chelsea's win now! They don't want to make things hard for themselves...

Will
30-04-2011, 10:17 PM

Funny how you only want to make a statement against team who's form has been terrible at times this season! Newcastle, West Brom and Spurs have won at the Emirates, and we're in worse form now than we were then, so you can tell yourself what you want, but it won't make a statement to most peoples minds.

Likewise, United are capable of beating any Prem team at OT, andhave only failed to beat a team once so far, so that wouldn't make much of a statemnt either, maybe if you'd won at Stamford Bridge or gone the season unbeaten or some such, thn that would make a statment, as would beating Barca comfortably.

But as Hansen has said, whatever United achieve this season will be testament to Fergie rather thn the team, he could have won the title with any of the top 4 or 5 teams, and possibly the CL too.

Will
30-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Forgot to mention, Arsenal could be 15-20 points off the pace by the end of the season, so not really a close rival.

djfase
30-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Arseanl for a 2-1 win for me.

And what about chelsea? Embarrassing decisions today against spurs.

DarkYoung
01-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Forgot to mention, Arsenal could be 15-20 points off the pace by the end of the season, so not really a close rival.

and you support Arsenal you say?
sounds like your describing some bitter ex-girlfriend

baz77
01-05-2011, 12:30 AM
not a supporter of either but united i think are to strong for arsenal at the minute next weekend will be the real test i wrote chelsea of a long time ago but **** me have they turned it around

DarkYoung
01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
not a supporter of either but united i think are to strong for arsenal at the minute next weekend will be the real test i wrote chelsea of a long time ago but **** me have they turned it around

yeah i can see them winning it tbh

i think they will win utd

DarkYoung
01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
supremely confident that united will beat arsenal on sunday
:ruretard:

Will
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Well now, that keeps thing interesting. If Chelsea were to win at OT they'd go top with 2 games to go.

ritaheed
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Arsenal were easy the better team, well deserved it.

The 2 penalty shouts were defo penalty's

baz77
01-05-2011, 09:03 PM
haha how wrong was i lol

Esox Lucius
01-05-2011, 09:47 PM
southern cunts

Microdot
01-05-2011, 10:45 PM
southern cunts

innit.
tbf United didn't show, but Arsenal hardly set the world on fire either.

Jamie "literally" Redknapp at half time was (literally) unbelievable, saying how Chelsea will (literally) feel robbed about Vidic's handball.
The same Chelsea that were (literally) given 3 points as a freebee the day before.

Will
02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
You two love Arsenal really.

Numeric
02-05-2011, 12:20 PM
:ruretard:

it wasn't an unfair comment considering that united looked as though they had finally built up a head of steam

DarkYoung
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
it wasn't an unfair comment considering that united looked as though they had finally built up a head of steam

oh come off it.

they are barely holding it together and you know it.

the defence is ****ed.

Anderson is a total faggot and they play him in midfield.

the midfield is ****ed and without leadership.

and the attack is totally random.

now you face being out of everything right at the end of the season.

i think fergie could and shold retire now.

ritaheed
02-05-2011, 03:00 PM
LOL @ Darkyoung - how can you say that about a team thats top of the league and going into the final of the champions league - get a grip mate

DarkYoung
02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
LOL @ Darkyoung - how can you say that about a team thats top of the league and going into the final of the champions league - get a grip mate

easily. man utd have been v lucky this season in the league and champions league.

their win over Chelsea in the Champions league really took it out of them.

i'm not saying they are a shit team, it's just that i think they are operating at about 60% of their potential at present.

they've left it a bit too late, and i'm not sure they having any left now.

Nani is out of form.

Rooney is inconsistent. They rely on Hernandez.

God knows what's happening with Berbatov.

if you want to look at a real team check out Liverpool F.C, now that's a team.

baz77
02-05-2011, 09:56 PM
@darkyoung
surprised @ how far they ve come this season wrote them off too after an awful first half of the season title contenders next season if they keep kenny

DarkYoung
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
@darkyoung
surprised @ how far they ve come this season wrote them off too after an awful first half of the season title contenders next season if they keep kenny

nice one baz.

who do you support btw?

djfase
02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Hate liverpool with a passion, but must admit theyre doing well at min.

The young lads coming thru look to have a good future.

BTW any coincidence they have been playing better without gerrard in the team?

DarkYoung
02-05-2011, 10:13 PM
BTW any coincidence they have been playing better without gerrard in the team?

defo.

Numeric
03-05-2011, 09:47 AM
oh come off it.

they are barely holding it together and you know it.

the defence is ****ed.

Anderson is a total faggot and they play him in midfield.

the midfield is ****ed and without leadership.

and the attack is totally random.

now you face being out of everything right at the end of the season.

i think fergie could and shold retire now.

so we lose a game and now we're barely holding it together? :laughing2:

it was a bad performance, anderson was shit i grant you but he's been class at times this season, his form is erratic

our defence is class, it was the midfield which didn't function on sunday, we should have played 4-3-3 as we normally would at the emirates

BloodStar
03-05-2011, 03:05 PM
hmm, loosing a game with arsenal is pointless as there are last 2 important games of the season which can change it all. i am sure sir alex is heading to these 2, putting less importance to the match on emirates. they didnt play well, so they lost all 3 points, but no matter what, when they beat chelsea at home, there will be no one talking about the match with arsenal anymore.

Numeric
03-05-2011, 07:26 PM
but no matter what, when they beat chelsea at home, there will be no one talking about the match with arsenal anymore.

:yup:

djfase
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Chelsea ill turn utd over at OT

Will
04-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Haha, well you got the Arsenal result right!

BloodStar
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
who was the ref last year, when drogba scored from offside and give chelsea title after 1:2 win at old trafford?

howard webb is delegated on sunday's match, btw.

Microdot
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
who was the ref last year, when drogba scored from offside and give chelsea title after 1:2 win at old trafford?

Some scouse cunt. I forget his name tbh.

Will
04-05-2011, 10:52 PM

howard webb is delegated on sunday's match, btw.

That's awfully sour grapes for a massive glory hunter.

baz77
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
nice one baz.

who do you support btw?

sunny luton town looking up at you all from the blue square prem lol

DarkYoung
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
sunny luton town looking up at you all from the blue square prem lol

jesus christ weren't they in the first division back in the day?

baz77
12-05-2011, 11:01 PM
yeah they were m8 back in the day beating arsenal 3-2 in the littlewoods cup could of grown had it not been for the european ban on english clubs so i would like to think ;)

DarkYoung
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
yeah they were m8 back in the day beating arsenal 3-2 in the littlewoods cup could of grown had it not been for the european ban on english clubs so i would like to think ;)
david pleat was the manager luther blissett?

BloodStar
13-05-2011, 11:57 AM
haha. and who cares about the arsenal-united match, now? :D

Microdot
14-05-2011, 12:52 AM
defo.

Reckon Dalglish will fcuk Gerrard off in the summer, while he still can.
He's obviously spotted why we all call him Stevie Me.

DarkYoung
14-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Reckon Dalglish will fcuk Gerrard off in the summer, while he still can.
He's obviously spotted why we all call him Stevie Me.
lol never heard that before.

just hope he hasnt lost his legs like lampard

278d7e64a374de26f==