PDA

View Full Version : Bollox hercules rmx keeps skipping me mp3s

blistanbul
09-05-2011, 04:22 AM
why? virtual dj keeps giving me hassle.

some of the mp3s can be dodgy dls from me mate dave but can tractor solve this?

Jake Conlon
09-05-2011, 04:29 AM
What are your sound card settings?

blistanbul
09-05-2011, 08:43 AM
hercules rmx has its own soundcard.

how do you set your soundcard from it?

Jake Conlon
09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
hercules rmx has its own soundcard.

how do you set your soundcard from it?

I don't own one. Have a look in virtual DJ at the audio & MIDI ins/outs. There might be a a high latency, a corrupt driver or it could just be there is some extreme pitch shifting going on. :rusmile:

teknorich
09-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Have a look at your Hercules manual in case it mentions anything, but Jake is most likely right. With MP3 mixing software, you usually need to set the latency (and sample rate too, sometimes) in the application itself.

I don't use virtual DJ, but in Traktor it looks like this:

http://eks.fi/img/kuvapankki/image/traktor_conf/tr_asio_pc_1.jpg

Take a look in Virtual DJ for something like Options/Settings/Edit/Preferences etc. Then once you have got into the menu, looks for Soundcard or Audio section, and see if you can find anything like the above where you can change the latency/sample rate settings. Just start an mp3 playing, and keep changing the settings until you get it playing smoothly, with no clipping or distortion (takes a bit of messing around. With my old soundcard I had 40ms latency, with my current one I get 5.5ms, so it is hard to say what will suit your equipment. Just test it and see!)

Also take a look online to see if there is a Virtual DJ forum, or a Hercules forum. There is one for Traktor, and people are often posting issues they are having, and getting answers for how to solve them, so deffo worth a look.

278d7e64a374de26f==