PDA

View Full Version : D.A.V.E the Drummer's announcement

Joe Pineapples
19-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Has everyone seen this?

Hydraulix Records Press Announcement | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/notes/stay-up-forever-collective/hydraulix-records-press-announcement/203532146349966)

Sounds good to me!

Hydraulix Records Press Announcement
by Stay Up Forever Collective on Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 9:36am
May 2011

I am pleased to announce the return of my Hydraulix Label this year with a new direction and an armload of great new releases.
I think most people will agree that the techno scene has been in a bit of a mess recently with the invasion of commercial house DJ's playing "minimal" and the huge corporate events promoting only the "in" crowd. DJ agencies and corporate events in bed with one another and Radio DJs and online record stores setting the precedent for their chosen music and dictating styles to the listeners. The very word "techno" was in danger of becoming even dirtier than it ever was before, which exemplifies anything that corporate giants get their hands on. Pretty disgusting really, but hey, that's the music industry right?

Wrong !

Thankfully the dust has begun to settle and in many ways the techno scene is returning stronger than before. Fantastic new producers have come onto the scene and the old school have stepped up their game accordingly. Bridges are being built between artists and labels that I have never seen before, the once snobby and unfriendly techno scene seems to have softened and become "fun" again. It feels as though everyone has pulled together in the face of adversity, and it feels as though the love of the music as back as the main goal.
Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I am feeling musically inspired again, hence the "relaunch" or maybe revamp of Hydraulix.
To be clear, Hydraulix never stopped, in fact the last 12" just came out in Feb 2011, the difference this time will be that I will be concentrating on a new sound, slower darker and funkier than before, with releases mainly being digital. To some people this may seem like a step backwards but I see it totally as moving forward, with digital releases I can release more frequently ( once a month hopefully ), and the costs are lower so I can take a chance with new producers too. The music can vary in style and listeners are not tied into buying a whole release when they may only like one track. It also means more support for the SUF download store 909London: Home (http://www.909london.com) and a much quicker way for me to send out promos and get feedback about tracks.

Many of you will already be buying digital music, and for those of you who still remain faithful to vinyl I will still aim to release the most popular digital downloads as 12" vinyls. As for the sound of Hydraulix, yes it is changing, there is only so much one can say musically at 145 b.p.m. and as I have got older, myself my tastes in music have changed, I have been putting up mixes and my latest releases on SoundCloud for a while now and will be continuing to do so regularly to keep you all informed of my musical direction.

I hope that you will enjoy the next batch of Hydraulix releases and continue to support the label as many of you have in the past.

Respect to all true techno people - Dave The Drummer

rhythmtech
19-05-2011, 11:51 PM
movin with the times :rucool:

Jake Conlon
20-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Times are a changing. Ever the heavier Techno is getting slower. There used to be times when I would :wank: a banger out at someones after hours and get people asking what the track was. These days I can only :wank: a banger/ hydraulix out to weed out the indoor neckerchiefs and side fringes. :approve:

This is 145...

gliese-581-c
:rurolleyes:

DarkYoung
20-05-2011, 09:29 AM
fine with me.

im getting into slower, darker techno now anyway i find it much beter aesthetically to mix.

plus im going digital, gonna keep my decks. and get that new stanton all in one system thats just some out; no need for fiddly laptop and mouse!! happy days.

can't wait.

ChubbyGibbon
23-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Faster and vinyls would be preferable to me... The dark stuff sounds better at a relentless pace.

djfilthmonger
23-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Noooooo! Fair enough I suppose but I cant see myself buying anymore Hydraulix if its going slow I just wont be able to play it. But I do look forward to hearing the end product as it might be enjoyable listening music rather than mixing

blistanbul
24-05-2011, 05:27 AM
i don't know how people expect a certain bpm or style from one artist or label.

isn't that bit limited and constrained?

eppertheleper
24-05-2011, 04:15 PM

Yes, but it also allows you to pretty much pick up anything a certain label does and know you're going to like it. There are pros and cons. Same thing for artists. I'm not sure Adam Beyer would have booked as much work as he has in the last four years if he didn't switch to minimal, but the last time I got excited about one of his sets was probably 2007. You win some, you lose some.

rhythmtech
24-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes, but it also allows you to pretty much pick up anything a certain label does and know you're going to like it.

but all good labels should grow with the artist. and 130 is pretty easy to get up close to 145, especially in this digital age where we're not constrained by the +/- 8% pitch of technics.

djfilthmonger
25-05-2011, 02:19 PM

Its not like that its more like a label produces a certain sound not the artist. The artist style will vary on different labels

rhythmtech
25-05-2011, 05:38 PM
in fairness have you heard hydro 43? its hardly lightweight techno.. its just an evolution. he couldnt keep doing the same thing over and over :dontgothere:

DarkYoung
25-05-2011, 08:33 PM
in fairness have you heard hydro 43? its hardly lightweight techno.. its just an evolution. he couldnt keep doing the same thing over and over :dontgothere:
link?

teknorich
25-05-2011, 08:43 PM
[OUT NOW] Hydraulix 43 - Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network (http://blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/releases/74303-out-now-hydraulix-43-a.html)

DarkYoung
25-05-2011, 09:56 PM
[OUT NOW] Hydraulix 43 - Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network (http://blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/releases/74303-out-now-hydraulix-43-a.html)

garbage.

sounds like dave the drummer trying to imitate a paul and failing.

benji303
25-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Hydro 42 was a good one, not feeling this one as much but its still a half decent release

djfilthmonger
26-05-2011, 02:54 PM
its not for me either

DarkYoung
26-05-2011, 04:35 PM
all a bit worrying really like watching senior tennis etc

rhythmtech
26-05-2011, 05:08 PM
garbage.

are you listening to the same record? "shadow" is banging!

DarkYoung
26-05-2011, 05:19 PM
are you listening to the same record? "shadow" is banging!

hmm i ve got it on now on that 909 London site.

yes it seems to be quite good.

not brilliant but OK.

i don't think Tony Montana is his best collaboration to date.

a bit like that time when Bing Crosby had a duet with David Bowie.

Tad lame.

rhythmtech
26-05-2011, 05:48 PM
its just evolution.

there's always gonna be releases some like and others dont. hydro 35 for example i felt was a stomper, but i know people who cant stand the electro sound of it.

whereas that release by the swiss lads for me was rubbish (31 i think?) yet others love it.

i think its a good move for the label, techno that stays the same bores the life out of me, partially the reason i rarely buy any these days.

DarkYoung
26-05-2011, 06:24 PM
its just evolution.

there's always gonna be releases some like and others dont. hydro 35 for example i felt was a stomper, but i know people who cant stand the electro sound of it.

whereas that release by the swiss lads for me was rubbish (31 i think?) yet others love it.

i think its a good move for the label, techno that stays the same bores the life out of me, partially the reason i rarely buy any these days.

hydro 35 is amazing

benji303
26-05-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't know about you guys but id love to see a return from Apex

teknorich
26-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Did you hear their recent outing on Naked Lunch?

Luxus by Tony Montana muzik on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/tony-montana-muzik/luxus)

Really not a fan of Tony Montana's sound tbh, is a bit too much like the minimal masquerading as Techno that is saturating beatport in recent years.
Still, can't base opinions on the new direction of Hydraulix by one release, so let's see what else Henry has got up his sleeve!

teknorich
26-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't know about you guys but id love to see a return from Apex

****ing right!

YouTube - ‪Henry Cullen & Sterling Moss - Shrapnel‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBc5mgg42K8&feature=related)

:rubiggrin:

Joe Pineapples
26-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I like Hydro 43. The Warehouse Mix of Speak and Spell is awesome and Shadow of My Former Self is banging. I didn't even realise they were that slow to be honest.

They should put more Apex on 909. I'd kill to get a digi copy of Electric.

ChubbyGibbon
26-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I never got bored of hard fast acid techno. Thinking of a few DTD tunes from the past its clear that this doesn't compare. Its sad to say because Ive been a huge fan of DTD for ages.

DarkYoung
26-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Did you hear their recent outing on Naked Lunch?

Luxus by Tony Montana muzik on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/tony-montana-muzik/luxus)

Really not a fan of Tony Montana's sound tbh, is a bit too much like the minimal masquerading as Techno that is saturating beatport in recent years.
Still, can't base opinions on the new direction of Hydraulix by one release, so let's see what else Henry has got up his sleeve!

yeah that luxus tune is okay tbh

anything new i but is probably gonna be like a paul etc

i like his sound.

blistanbul
27-05-2011, 01:27 AM
its just evolution.

what do you buy now mate?

blistanbul
27-05-2011, 01:44 AM
god you guys need to stop taking yourselves seriously.

some of the lads here act like they will get discovered one day in the planet of nobody.

if the artist wants to make different music you lump it or move on accordingly.

i don't understand why artist have to stick to the same formula.

i follow pretty much labels and artist too but i don't moan about different releases.

take the best and stroll.

besides guys if an artist can only do one thing he is probably not that talented anyways.

rhythmtech
27-05-2011, 01:50 AM
what do you buy now mate?

whatever is good. since i dont play out anymore i just dont bother unless i hear something that really grabs my attention. some of the london stuff, some euro stuff. been loving advent last five years.

mostly buy indie these days to be honest. its more important that i keep up with guitar music for my job. i get about 1 electronic job every 2 months.. no money in it.

blistanbul
27-05-2011, 02:57 AM
whatever is good. since i dont play out anymore i just dont bother unless i hear something that really grabs my attention. some of the london stuff, some euro stuff. been loving advent last five years.

mostly buy indie these days to be honest. its more important that i keep up with guitar music for my job. i get about 1 electronic job every 2 months.. no money in it.

some names for music mate.

indie anything.

where do you work?

rough trade?

rhythmtech
27-05-2011, 03:58 AM
nope. in a recording studio in dublin.

you want some names of good indie?

white lies
the minutes
the looks
groove armada's "black light" album (surprisingly excellent indie/electronica)
the naked and famous
the walkmen
leaders of men

i could go on all night :)

blistanbul
27-05-2011, 05:07 AM
do....

djfilthmonger
29-05-2011, 11:47 PM
its just evolution.

I ****ing love 31 haha Audioklink pounding techno :-P

djfilthmonger
29-05-2011, 11:49 PM
god you guys need to stop taking yourselves seriously.

some of the lads here act like they will get discovered one day in the planet of nobody.

if the artist wants to make different music you lump it or move on accordingly.

i don't understand why artist have to stick to the same formula.

i follow pretty much labels and artist too but i don't moan about different releases.

take the best and stroll.

besides guys if an artist can only do one thing he is probably not that talented anyways.

what you talking about? I dont take myself too seriously haha I know what I like . Get discovered ?? I personally couldnt give a shit I mix records for the laugh .

djfilthmonger
29-05-2011, 11:52 PM
yeah that luxus tune is okay tbh

anything new i but is probably gonna be like a paul etc

i like his sound.

dont like it at all being honest. I cant stand A.Paul . shud have seen the face on him when he was playing in Waterford he popped his head out and Danny was playing schranz haha he didnt look too impressed

DarkYoung
30-05-2011, 11:30 AM
dont like it at all being honest. I cant stand A.Paul . shud have seen the face on him when he was playing in Waterford he popped his head out and Danny was playing schranz haha he didnt look too impressed

brilliant what do you mean popped his head out? dont understand the expression

did he get high or was he another techno snob?

djfilthmonger
30-05-2011, 04:20 PM
brilliant what do you mean popped his head out? dont understand the expression

did he get high or was he another techno snob?

ha sorry he was behind the curtains behind the decks(kinda like backstage)and he popped his head through, Danny was pounding out schranz some head on him haha , at look like wat the feck?

DarkYoung
30-05-2011, 05:54 PM
ha sorry he was behind the curtains behind the decks(kinda like backstage)and he popped his head through, Danny was pounding out schranz some head on him haha , at look like wat the feck?

lolz

Winds
02-06-2011, 02:31 AM
This is the announcement I've been waiting for! Really like the releases D.T.D. has done with Tony Montana. Look forward to hearing more like this from hydraulix!

twospeed
04-06-2011, 05:20 AM
If blacksnake is anything to go by, I cant wait! Techno!

278d7e64a374de26f==