PDA

View Full Version : Programming this sound...

matthewjames
20-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I know this is a pretty basic sound but I am hoping someone can provide a way to program this. I'm at work right now so I can provide a sample later, but it is in the Chris Liebing / Speedy Jay: Collabs podcast. It starts on the upbeat of the 2nd beat around the 2:00 mark. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CLR PODCAST BY CHRIS LIEBING (http://www.cl-rec.com/pod/podcast)

fuzzbox303
22-05-2011, 11:21 PM
do you mean the rising pad, like the swell, or those bleeps with elongated release? I can help with both.

matthewjames
25-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the help. I meant the bleeps with elongated release. I've got it close, but I'd love to hear what you came up with...Thanks!

fuzzbox303
26-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok dude, if I wanted to make this sound, the first thing I would do would be to troll through my sample packs and find a sample that had a similar attack to the initial strike you hear but look for a sample with more of a release. I would then load the sample into impulse in live, if you don't use live maybe NI battery or something, and use the sample stretch function to cut short the sample (not the ADSR envelope) to sound very much like a tight blip or bleep. Then you would add a delay and a verb. Open the time stretch, make the delay more prominent and open up the verb. If you gate it you can get some really glitched out yet tight bleepage going on. you could even effect after the gate to add a bit of wetness to the sound. If you want an example I can probably knock something together at the weekend and give ya some screen shots.

Alternatively you could synth the sound. I'm going off memory here mate it has been three days since I listened to the sound. I believe it was a triangle oscillator with a little bit of square wave. Set your envelope with a short attack, low decay sustain and release. Then use your modulation envelope to re trigger the oscillators. In conjunction with your ADSR envelop and your mod envelope you will be able to increase the tail of the bleep and have the bleeps retrigger. Gate it up if you want it tight, be more sparing with your delay here, verb to taste.

DCAM synth squads strobe would be an awesome synth to use for this sound. But I would just sample it. General rule of thumb for me, if you can get the sound with a sample, do it, because it will drain much less of your CPU.

Sample stretching is so easy and effective its unreal. That plus DCAM synth squad haha, its like a cheat code for EDM.

278d7e64a374de26f==