PDA

View Full Version : CL Final Barca v Man U Sat 28t May

Will
20-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Finally my glory team gets to face the glory team of the BOA majority! I think I'll go for...

Barca 4 Man U 1

Messi 2, Iniesta 1, Villa 1

Hernandez 1

Saying that, Fergie will probably go really defensive so one goal will win it. But if Barca play to their best (in terms of both their passing game and their pressing game) and United come out to play without being too rough then I reckon 4-1 to Barca. It's conceivable that Barca could struggle if United press the ball really well and play their direct football, but Barca's passing game and pressing should dictate matters in their favour.

djfase
20-05-2011, 09:43 PM
As efficient as utd are i cant see them winning.

Barca by 2 clear goals for me

BloodStar
23-05-2011, 04:16 PM
1:0 for united.
goal scored by chico at 93rd minute.

Numeric
23-05-2011, 10:32 PM
1:0 for united.
goal scored by chico at 93rd minute.

i've been saying for weeks that chico is gonna score the winner really late on but who knows

it's gonna be really tough for united but i honestly believe that we're more balanced then two years ago

Will
24-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I think Barca are definitely better than 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago though.

DarkYoung
24-05-2011, 07:46 PM
i think Man Utd should win.

the arsenal game at noucamp was a disgrace when van persie got sent off.

wouldnt surprise me if you see a few man utd players get sent off.

fifa/uefa are totally corrupt and so will the ref and linesmen for such a game.

BloodStar
25-05-2011, 10:05 AM
i've been saying for weeks that chico is gonna score the winner really late on but who knows
it's gonna be really tough for united but i honestly believe that we're more balanced then two years ago

i guess, midfield is where it all will be decided. if united can defend barca in this area, i am sure, they can beat them.

pretty curious about united's starting 11. nani or valencia?

no need to say, ref who can book players without a doubt will be needed.

Numeric
25-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I think Barca are definitely better than 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago though.

perhaps, messi is definitely getting better and better but he was class two years ago, he has improved but not by much because his standards are already so high

busquets is a good player, not sure who they played last time, toure?

eto'o was a much better player for barca than villa has been thus far

Numeric
25-05-2011, 10:49 AM
i guess, midfield is where it all will be decided. if united can defend barca in this area, i am sure, they can beat them.

pretty curious about united's starting 11. nani or valencia?

no need to say, ref who can book players without a doubt will be needed.

valencia over nani every time for these big games, valencia tracks back a lot better and we'll need that against barca, united can be so exposed at times when nani plays

BloodStar
25-05-2011, 12:25 PM
valencia over nani every time for these big games, valencia tracks back a lot better and we'll need that against barca, united can be so exposed at times when nani plays

yes, i agree. valencia seems to be better choice than nani who doesnt track back so well.

Numeric
25-05-2011, 01:19 PM
the starting line-up for united is probably going to be:

van der saar

raphael
ferdinand
vidic
evra

valencia
carrick
giggs
park

rooney
hernadez

i expect ji-sung will drift in field to bolster the centre and rooney will drift off to the left when needed, this may leave hernandez a little isolated but it worked well against chelsea, barca are of course a hugely different prospect but there aren't many options for us, i love anderson but i wouldn't trust him to start in a three/five man midfield, especially as giggs and park have played well recently

Microdot
25-05-2011, 03:42 PM

van der saar

raphael
ferdinand
vidic
evra

valencia
carrick
giggs
park

rooney
hernadez

Fully expect this to be the team for Saturday, assuming Raphael is fit.

BloodStar
25-05-2011, 04:41 PM
yesterday i played 3-4-3 on fifa 11 and beat barca 3:1. so in case sir alex will read this, it might be an inspiration:

van der saar
ferdinand--- vidic -------- evra

nani---valencia-- park --------- giggs

berbatov --- hernandez ---- rooney

it works. :D

djfase
25-05-2011, 11:37 PM
I hope someone breaks busquets leg in this game.

The lad is one of the biggest cheats in the game today, and epitomises all thats wrong with it,

You watch barca hound the ref at every chance.

Until the real game barca were def the best team in the world imo, but the best dont cheat like they do. No class whatsoever

Microdot
26-05-2011, 03:13 PM

The lad is one of the biggest cheats in the game today, and epitomises all thats wrong with it,

Until the real game barca were def the best team in the world imo, but the best dont cheat like they do. No class whatsoever

He's lucky to be playing at all after his racist abuse in the semi.
Regardless of this one game, he should be banned from the European Cup for at least the whole of next season imo.
He won't though, because everything FIFA say about stamping racism out of the game is hot air.

Will
26-05-2011, 08:42 PM

van der saar

raphael
ferdinand
vidic
evra

valencia
carrick
giggs
park

rooney
hernadez

i expect ji-sung will drift in field to bolster the centre and rooney will drift off to the left when needed, this may leave hernandez a little isolated but it worked well against chelsea, barca are of course a hugely different prospect but there aren't many options for us, i love anderson but i wouldn't trust him to start in a three/five man midfield, especially as giggs and park have played well recently

United will get destroyed if they play 4-4-2 against Barca, and I reckon Fergie knows this and will play 4-3-3. Just look what happened when United played 4-4-2 against Arsenal at the Emirates. Hernandez will start on the bench I reckon.

Will
26-05-2011, 08:44 PM

I think it's a bit unfair to judge them on that one game, when they hate Real and Real were just as bad. And United hound the ref as much as most, same as Chelsea.

djfase
26-05-2011, 09:05 PM
The real game was as bad as ive ever seen, but they are just as bad in la liga matches against any other team. They are a disgrace.

Utd will pay the same team as they did away to schalke with rooney dropping into midfield

Microdot
26-05-2011, 10:25 PM
United will get destroyed if they play 4-4-2 against Barca, and I reckon Fergie knows this and will play 4-3-3. Just look what happened when United played 4-4-2 against Arsenal at the Emirates. Hernandez will start on the bench I reckon.

The line up Numeric posted is not a straight 4-4-2 because, as he already mentioned, Park will spend much of his time in central midfield, with Rooney drifting out left.
Worked a treat against the Rent Boys.

Normally I'd agree that he'd start with Hernandez on the bench, but Fletcher is nowhere near fit enough to start and I can't see him trusting Anderson in such a big game so, I reckon (and hope) the team is exactly as Numeric posted.

The game at the Emirates is not a good example as United simply didn't turn up, it was **** all to do with the formation.
Arsenal didn't even play that well and still (just) managed to win.

Will
27-05-2011, 06:01 PM
United had a good record against us playing 4-3-3, then as soon as they play 4-4-2 they got beat.

If Park tucks in it'd be an open invitation for Alves to bomb forward, United need bodies in there as much as anything, it's not just about quality etc, they must have someone who could do a job in there.

My prediction is United will play 4-3-3 to start with and still get beat comfortably. I could see Hernandez coming on in the 2nd half to make it 4-4-2 and maybe scoring, but it not being enough. Time will tell, not long now!

I'm looking forward to it, should be a good game.

blistanbul
27-05-2011, 06:21 PM
4-2 barca!

man u scums learn a thing or two about messi.

Microdot
28-05-2011, 04:15 AM
United had a good record against us playing 4-3-3, then as soon as they play 4-4-2 they got beat.

United beat Arsenal with a 4-4-2 in the Cup this year. ****ing smashed them with a 4-4-2 in the European Cup in 09 too...

My prediction is United will play 4-3-3 to start with..

Something like this could work I reckon.....

.....................VDS
Fabio......Vidic......Rio.......Evra

...................Carrick
...........Giggs...........Park

Valencia..........................Nani
...................Rooney

blistanbul
28-05-2011, 04:41 AM
4-2 barca messi will give your backfield arse-over-tits.

enjoy the loss scums.

i certainly will.

Numeric
28-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Something like this could work I reckon.....

.....................VDS
Fabio......Vidic......Rio.......Evra

...................Carrick
...........Giggs...........Park

Valencia..........................Nani
...................Rooney

i'm thinking that chico is gonna start up-front and rooney will be on the left, he tracks back a lot more than nani and we'll need the cover

Microdot
28-05-2011, 03:50 PM
i'm thinking that chico is gonna start up-front and rooney will be on the left, he tracks back a lot more than nani and we'll need the cover

I'd like to see Hernandez start and United to go for the throat but, like Will says, it could end up costing us the game with no plan B...

The line up I've posted allows for the fact that Nani doesn't track back as well as he should by having Park covering the ground between left centre and left wing...

If you think of it as a midfield diamond of Carrick, Giggs, Park and Rooney, it makes more sense...

Almost like a 4-6-0 (similar to how Barca themselves line up on a regular basis), that becomes a 4-3-3 when going forward....

Park and Giggs provide some creativity at the same time as getting involved in the nitty gritty. Carrick's job would be to try and intercept things in front of the back four and and hit Barca on the break by spraying long passes to the wingers....

djfase
28-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Really cant wait for this now.

The biggest teams in football for the last few years going head to head again.

I just hope its not a let down. i.e utd being over defensive like fergie does in big games.

Barca only know how to play one way

Will
28-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I read in one of the papers that United will start with a 4-4-2 much as Numeric posted, then if (or when) they fall behind, they'll switch to a 3-4-3 with Smalling coming on for Park I think it was - that's what they seemed to think at least. It was one of broadsheets, so you'd hope it'd be a bit more trustworthy than a tabloid...

Will
28-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Guardiola's said he wants them to perform better than they did last time! And says they didn't perform as well as they wanted last time, plus all the stats point to them being better now in most respects.

Their average posession has gone up around 8%, which doesn't sound much, but it's the difference between having twice as much of the ball as the opposition and having three times as much of the ball! Be afraid United fans, this will be the most nerve wracking game of the season by far from my experience!

Microdot
28-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I read in one of the papers that United will start with a 4-4-2 much as Numeric posted, then if (or when) they fall behind, they'll switch to a 3-4-3 with Smalling coming on for Park I think it was - that's what they seemed to think at least. It was one of broadsheets, so you'd hope it'd be a bit more trustworthy than a tabloid...

I read that too.
Doesn't sound likely to me though (the bit about going to 3-4-3).

Edit*
Anyway, enough chit chat chaps, the session starts now, I'm off to get fcuking mullered. Have a good weekend everyone, see youse all sometime around tuesday!

blistanbul
28-05-2011, 07:42 PM
countdown to the game.

one hour left.

suppose to be the game of the decade.

djfase
28-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Well if utd needed any extra encouragement.

Mascherano at centre back, no puyol

blistanbul
28-05-2011, 11:48 PM
man u got their arse handed to them as predicted and enjoyed.

djfase
29-05-2011, 11:49 AM
1 shot at goal. dear ol dear.

Took a hiding in all fairness and should have been alot more.

blistanbul
29-05-2011, 02:19 PM
1 shot at goal. dear ol dear.

Took a hiding in all fairness and should have been alot more.

lovely wasn't it?

the spanish internationals are brilliant aren't they? such fun watching them frustrating the english cry babies.

me me meeh.:laughing2:

Fitzy
29-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Fitzy 2 - Bookies 0

Wincast - Barca win and Messi score anytime (15/2) AND Barca win 3-1 (16/1)

lovely little earner for me there!

blistanbul
29-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Fitzy 2 - Bookies 0

Wincast - Barca win and Messi score anytime (15/2) AND Barca win 3-1 (16/1)

lovely little earner for me there!

lovely how much did you win?

this was a sure bet as klose winning the goal king back in world up in germany.

too bad i picked czech wanker koller by accident.

that was 12/1.

blistanbul
29-05-2011, 04:34 PM
you can always bet on games through the turkish website:
iddaa (http://www.iddaa.com.tr/index.htm)

i can run you through it all and you can bet something stupid like 5 dollars and win million squid.

just have to get upsets and first half and second half correct.

btw it is been a long time since i've seen drubbing in a big game like that.

man u scums got handed.

BloodStar
30-05-2011, 12:12 PM
bit bitter game for utd, but barca deserved win. they outplayed them for most of the 2nd half. united have 0 or 1 shot at goal at 2nd half, that speaks for all.

really poor defensive midfield, maybe 4-5-1 would be better than 4-4-1-1, Anderson in, Chico out.
no need to say, united will need to buy solid playmaker. Giggs was really poor, he couldnt create anything + his defense was terrible. on the other hand, Fabio played very good game.

sir alex should try something in the 2nd half, but he let the player in too late, tho...

nevermind, barca deserved win, but i bet united will be really strong next season. looking forward to the buyings...

DarkYoung
30-05-2011, 08:40 PM
good to see van der saar getting a good payday for his last game.

wonder how much he got for letting the second goal in?

Numeric
30-05-2011, 09:18 PM
it was a bridge too far with our midfield, we need to sign a couple of world beaters or we will never be able to overcome this barca team

Numeric
30-05-2011, 09:20 PM
lovely wasn't it?

the spanish internationals are brilliant aren't they? such fun watching them frustrating the english cry babies.

me me meeh.:laughing2:

your own team are a bunch of inaduquetes so your reduced to cheering on opposing teams

daft prick

DarkYoung
30-05-2011, 11:50 PM
it was a bridge too far with our midfield, we need to sign a couple of world beaters or we will never be able to overcome this barca team

they all play for barca already or liverpool

blistanbul
31-05-2011, 04:29 AM
your own team are a bunch of inaduquetes so your reduced to cheering on opposing teams

daft prick

would you like what you've dropped knobbie?

man u's arsenal against barca next year:

http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/1570/2102dummy.jpg

unlike a more football-knowledged graceful loser like dj fase you opted the typical red scum way of opting out by attacking a team that played way better against the same side instead of admitting that your players, or your midfielders or your defence was no match for barca.

enjoy the butthurt fella.:wave:

Numeric
31-05-2011, 01:11 PM
fase doesn't even support united you retard

you may also like to actually read the thread properly, i already posted that we were no match for barca

i have no problem with losing to what is being lauded as the best team of all time, especially as united won a record breaking premiership title by a clear nine points

what i do have an issue with is bitter and impotent wretches such as yourself who seem more obsessed with united than supporting their own team

BloodStar
31-05-2011, 02:14 PM
..., we need to sign a couple of world beaters or we will never be able to overcome this barca team

ribbery and sneijder. :D then good buy barca.....

Burningherb
31-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Barca to dominate european football for years to come, All they really should be looking at is a solid centre half for puyol (he is getting on abit and alot of injuries) and just depthen the squad. Cant see any other team gettin their hands on the cup for a few more years lol

Esox Lucius
31-05-2011, 04:43 PM

daft prick

wankers support galatasaray, its all about fenerbahce :rucool:

ritaheed
31-05-2011, 04:43 PM
ribbery and sneijder. :D

Defo!! Would love that!

Will
31-05-2011, 06:35 PM
As predicted, it was a total demolition job, United didn't create a single legitimate chance, just the offside goal, whereas Barca must have had over 20 shots compared to what was effectively 2 hopeful at best shots off target. United can forget about ever beating this team, it wasn't a contest at all, for the most part United were reduced to humping long balls forward that either went out of play or were mopped up easily, and even after Barca went 3-1 up and were just seeing out time United couldn't hurt them.

The only team to beat them in the CL, or come close to stopping them were of course Arsenal, though I'm glad Barca progressed, they're the better team and Arsenal would only have ****ed things up, it would have been unforgivable if we'd knocked them out only to let United win it, though Real Madrid would probably have knocked us out and then beaten United. I could be wrong, it's possible knocking out Barca would have given us the confidence to win things, but I doubt it.

But still, Arsenal deserve credit for their one top performance of the season, I know United fans don't like to give Arsenal any credit, but they're one of the few teams technically gifted enough to hurt Barca, and numerous people in sport have lauded them for how fit they are, which was one of the keys to us beating them at the Emirates I think.

Sneijder would be a good start for United, but they'd need a complete overhaul to stop Barca in europe, with refereeing that favours technicality over physicality, much more cultured and technical players would be required, the sort who'd struggle against the physical teams in the Premiership, so United would need 2 teams, one for beating Barca and Real, and one for beating Stoke et al, same with any Premiership team that wants success on both fronts.

I think raiding Inter would be a good start, they've got the technical players, but there's too much ego in Italy for these teams to do well in europe normally, without a great manager...

Barca just need a top left back as much as anything, and more strength in depth, Rooney's goal shouldn't have counted, but it was Abidal who played them into trouble, dwelling on the ball, allowing his clearance to be charged down, and then giving possession away with the throw in... I wish him well after what happened, but he did seem the weak link, though having Mascherano at centre back wasn't ideal of course, so another centre back might make sense.

Anyone who thinks any two players, unless one was Messi, would be enough for United to beat Barca is deluded in the extreme, they'd barely get a touch, that's why I said United would need an overhaul and a team that could play possession football in some way comparable to Barca, plus supreme fitness and defenders who are cultured rather than physical.

The only United player who'd get in the Barca team is Evra, so saying 2 players will change anything is ridiculous.

Finally, how good is Messi? I used to love Iniesta, but Messi showed he can do everything better than Iniesta now, his passing was amazing, as good as you'll see, and when you add that to the dribbling of a God, he's almost the complete footballer, his dribbling is better than you'd think possible and to do it on the big stage shows he can win every trophy he goes for over the next 10 years or more with the right manager. I think it'll be very rare for them to get stopped in the CL between now and the day Fergie retires.

ritaheed
31-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Lol @ Will wanking over Man Utd getting beat

Microdot
31-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Lol @ Will wanking over Man Utd getting beat

The behaviour of a serial loser.

Anyway, what did he say?
Can't be bothered reading all that shite, especially as you already know most of it is drivel...

blistanbul
31-05-2011, 11:03 PM

Anyway, what did he say?
Can't be bothered reading all that shite, especially as you already know most of it is drivel...

pathetic losers are you u united scums who can't admit the obvious bitch-slap experience by their team in very dire fashion.

cheers to you lads for making my pint taste even colder that day.:wiggle:

blistanbul
31-05-2011, 11:05 PM
fase doesn't even support united you retard

you may also like to actually read the thread properly, i already posted that we were no match for barca

i have no problem with losing to what is being lauded as the best team of all time, especially as united won a record breaking premiership title by a clear nine points

what i do have an issue with is bitter and impotent wretches such as yourself who seem more obsessed with united than supporting their own team

have some honour for your disgraced team for once you numpty.

Microdot
31-05-2011, 11:22 PM

daft prick

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=18169

hope this helps mate.

Fitzy
01-06-2011, 12:27 PM
lovely how much did you win?

this was a sure bet as klose winning the goal king back in world up in germany.

too bad i picked czech wanker koller by accident.

that was 12/1.

£202 (inc 20% bonus - which i diddnt know about :unibrow: ) for the 3-1 score

£85 for the Barca/Messi wincast.

Was weird - done an Iniesta wincast aswell and as I paid for my bet the Messi price changed from 21/10 to 15/2... "ILL HAVE A ****IN TENNER ON THAT ASWELL!!!"

Bad news is that the boiler has packed in this week so im gettin a new PCB fitted as we speak which is eating a large chunk of that £287 quid. Every silver lining has a cloud, eh???

Fellow kopite I presume blistanbul???

Best win ive ever had was Baros at Euro 2004... 60/1 top scorer. Oh yes.

blistanbul
02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
£202 (inc 20% bonus - which i diddnt know about :unibrow: ) for the 3-1 score

£85 for the Barca/Messi wincast.

Was weird - done an Iniesta wincast aswell and as I paid for my bet the Messi price changed from 21/10 to 15/2... "ILL HAVE A ****IN TENNER ON THAT ASWELL!!!"

Bad news is that the boiler has packed in this week so im gettin a new PCB fitted as we speak which is eating a large chunk of that £287 quid. Every silver lining has a cloud, eh???

Fellow kopite I presume blistanbul???

Best win ive ever had was Baros at Euro 2004... 60/1 top scorer. Oh yes.

bloody hell 60/1 eh? that is good winnings. how much did you place originally?

i am an arsenal fan for life mate.

also a galatasaray fan so i have to return the 2000 uefa cup favour.

:icon16:

on another note. baros would've been the goal king in turkish league if it wasn't for his injuries. good player.

i also think you should try that iddaa website mate.

you might make some nice bit of burner.

Numeric
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Anyway, what did he say?

he's basically saying that arsenal are the only team that could come close to beating barca, despite the fact that they were soundly beaten by them in the quarter finals, he's sighting the first leg win as possible proof of this even though that anyone else who watched the game could see that barca were happy with the draw and were attempting to see out time, he's not mentioned how arsnenal didn't have a shot on target in the second leg

he's also not mentioning how arsenal finished fourth in the premier league and that they should probably be concentrating on beating the likes of stoke before getting ideas above well their station

he also says that united are in need a complete overhaul, where anyone with a balanced view can see that it is only the central midfield area that needs strengthening

he also wanks a little over barca as he hasn't been able to over his own team for a very ling time

Numeric
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=18169

hope this helps mate.

:laughing2: very tempting

Numeric
02-06-2011, 10:27 AM

hope this helps mate.

the daft pillock's now on ignore :rusmile:

DarkYoung
02-06-2011, 10:33 AM

hope this helps mate.

:laughing2:

Microdot
02-06-2011, 02:37 PM
the daft pillock's now on ignore :rusmile:

Welcome to the club mate.

Numeric
02-06-2011, 03:43 PM
so do you think that united would have fared better with a different starting line-up? i know it's easy in hindsight but i'm thinking that the game may have been a little more balanced if we'd packed the midfield and played rooney as a lone striker or maybe berba up front, with rooney wide

Burningherb
02-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Tbh if they played 10 times then barca would win 8 of them imo. There is no need for a complete overhaul (why change a team that is quite obviouslly the best in the prem) but maybe add a few players that are better suited for the european stage (not so big and ruff) i.e modric

oh yeah and am sayin they are the best in the prem and i aint even a man u fan lol

think all the arse fans are gettin a bit bitter cause of they trophy drought lol

Microdot
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
so do you think that united would have fared better with a different starting line-up? i know it's easy in hindsight but i'm thinking that the game may have been a little more balanced if we'd packed the midfield and played rooney as a lone striker or maybe berba up front, with rooney wide

maybe. It would have at least cut their possession down a bit.

I actually think it's United's tendency to stand off opponents and not close down quickly enough that really played into Barca's hands..
We get away with it quite alot in the prem because 9 times out of 10 we have the ball alot more than our opponents.
It's risky to close down too quickly and commit to tackles, but it seems the only way to deal with Barca to me.
Although you then run the risk of it ending up a rugby score if it doesn't work and all your players end up on their arse watching Messi etc exploit the extra space.

A fully fit Owen Hargreaves would have made a big difference imo, but I'm not one for "ifs" "buts" or "maybes" (I'll leave that to the Arsenal fans).

We didn't win because we aren't good enough, simply as that.

ritaheed
02-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I thought Scholes should have been on for the start....

and whats the script with berbatov? Totally left out and not sitting with his team mates!?

But aye wouldnt have made any difference anyways - Roll on next year though

Will
02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
he's basically saying that arsenal are the only team that could come close to beating barca, despite the fact that they were soundly beaten by them in the quarter finals, he's sighting the first leg win as possible proof of this even though that anyone else who watched the game could see that barca were happy with the draw and were attempting to see out time, he's not mentioned how arsnenal didn't have a shot on target in the second leg

he's also not mentioning how arsenal finished fourth in the premier league and that they should probably be concentrating on beating the likes of stoke before getting ideas above well their station

he also says that united are in need a complete overhaul, where anyone with a balanced view can see that it is only the central midfield area that needs strengthening

he also wanks a little over barca as he hasn't been able to over his own team for a very ling time

We at least created a legitimate chance at the Nou Camp, and Real Madrid lost 5-0 there, then beat them on neutral ground. I have to admit, I didn't think even United fans could be so deluded about the gulf between the two teams.

Still, at least Fergie knows what's what, I should know better than to expect any sense out of you lot, but Fergie's talking about a complete overhaul of the youth set up in order to create a team in the future that can compete with what Barca are doing, so he at least has a clue about what's needed. I mean I didn't need to try to make United look bad, Barca did a good enough job on their own, I felt a bit sorry for United really.

I was just trying to inject a bit of realism to what it'd take for United to beat Barca, ie an overhaul of how they play the game.

And I hate to break this to you, but just because United won the league it doesn't mean they're the best team in every respect. Arsenal conceded the fewest goals from open play, had the best away record and were the only team to average over 60% possession, so obviously we were better equipped to deal with a team like Barca, but ill equipped to deal with a team like Stoke, hence why we lost 3-1 away to both of them.

In our head to head with United we lost 1-0 at OT, but won 1-0 at the Emirates, so were equal, it was at teams like Stoke where we lost the league, where you need physicality as well as technicality, which isn't the case against Barca.

Will
02-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Still, I guess that's not simple enough for United fans...

blistanbul
03-06-2011, 01:31 AM
We at least created a legitimate chance at the Nou Camp, and Real Madrid lost 5-0 there, then beat them on neutral ground. I have to admit, I didn't think even United fans could be so deluded about the gulf between the two teams.

Still, at least Fergie knows what's what, I should know better than to expect any sense out of you lot, but Fergie's talking about a complete overhaul of the youth set up in order to create a team in the future that can compete with what Barca are doing, so he at least has a clue about what's needed. I mean I didn't need to try to make United look bad, Barca did a good enough job on their own, I felt a bit sorry for United really.

I was just trying to inject a bit of realism to what it'd take for United to beat Barca, ie an overhaul of how they play the game.

And I hate to break this to you, but just because United won the league it doesn't mean they're the best team in every respect. Arsenal conceded the fewest goals from open play, had the best away record and were the only team to average over 60% possession, so obviously we were better equipped to deal with a team like Barca, but ill equipped to deal with a team like Stoke, hence why we lost 3-1 away to both of them.

In our head to head with United we lost 1-0 at OT, but won 1-0 at the Emirates, so were equal, it was at teams like Stoke where we lost the league, where you need physicality as well as technicality, which isn't the case against Barca.

it is nice to see some football iq here sometimes.

Numeric
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
the arsenal fans are indeed bitter, who can blame them though when their team is so rubbish

totally agree about hargreaves, if he'd been available to play and fit then we would have stood a better chance, the same for the last final in 2009, we desperately need a player who's gonna shield the defence

not sure what's going on with berba, sir alex tends to laugh off his little tantrums and forgive him, it was very harsh leaving him out of the squad though, he seemed happy on the parade bus on monday morning tbf

Numeric
04-06-2011, 10:48 AM

you said yourself in a previous post that barca's priorities lay elsewhere when it came to playing madrid in the copa del ray final, i'm not even sure that barca started at full strength in that game, i only saw the second half

and don't talk to me about realism when you were saying that arsenal could win the quadruple just a few short months ago :laughing2:

you're also forgetting that united played arsenal in the f.a. cup and won with what was considered an under strength team

Will
04-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Let's not forget that you lot go on about Arsenal being massive bottlers, then say we're ru bbish, so which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Will
04-06-2011, 05:13 PM
You lot are bitter about being hammered.

Microdot
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Let's not forget that you lot go on about Arsenal being massive bottlers, then say we're ru bbish, so which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Arsenal are not rubbish.
Arsenal are not as good as Manchester United.
Arsenal are bottlers.

Hope this clears things up for you dude.

Numeric
05-06-2011, 01:26 PM

:laughing2: was just winding that pillock blister up when i said you were rubbish, arsenal are a decent team

united may have been battered by barca but we have little to be bitter about, 19 times champions my dear fellow

Microdot
05-06-2011, 02:50 PM
.............arsenal are a decent team

And one day, with the right manager, and 4 or 5 more world class players, and nicer socks, and a faster team bus, they might even get to be as big as Aston Villa, and win the European Cup!

BloodStar
06-06-2011, 10:17 AM
And one day, with the right manager, and 4 or 5 more world class players, and nicer socks, and a faster team bus, they might even get to be as big as Aston Villa, and win the European Cup!
:-)

278d7e64a374de26f==