PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lines

slavestudios
25-02-2004, 01:12 AM
i'm using Reason & Orion to make loops to be sequenced together in Acid Pro 4.0

i'm starting to get very fussy about my basslines. i'm big into overloaded sounds but i also make clean loopy stuff (think DE9) and i'm starting to want to push the basslines further in the mix but not to dominate the hi end.

i can achieve this with may hardware but cant quite get the full round sound from the pc.

as far as the hard stuff goes, dirty is good, but i want to get big clean round bass for my minmil trax & while the bass loops are fine in Reason, Orion or on their own in Acid, once i put the percussion in & even the smallest big of compression, things start to get dirty. very slightly, but i can her it on headphones & its starting to piuss me off.

any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

DJZeMig_L
25-02-2004, 12:09 PM
humm don't if this is what u want but Eq and waves Maxxbass might b very helpfull!! U can always send a copy of yer notes 2 another channel, have that play a sinewave an octave below, and use that 2 layer with the original 2 phatten' it up! :)

Z

Basil Rush
25-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Try a bell shaped cut around 400Hz to make room for stuff if you've not already. Avoid boosting the bottom ...

slavestudios
25-02-2004, 11:46 PM
thanx. cheers peepz. cup o coffee, jazz cigarette & i'll give both a go.

cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==