PDA

View Full Version : Van Persie smashes away goal record

Will
23-05-2011, 03:57 PM
He's smashed the old record for scoring in consecutive away games, it was 6 by Drogba, van Persie's scored in 9 consecutive away games and is still going - Premiership's best striker when fully fit for me, he wasn't far off the golden boot despite missing much of the season.

In fact I'd struggle to think of a better striker in world football, it's just a shame the rest of the Arsenal team aren't up to his standards.

Numeric
23-05-2011, 04:00 PM
too injury prone for my tastes

he'll probably leave arsenal in the summer

Will
23-05-2011, 04:05 PM
True, he is very injury prone, which has held him back some what. We might lose Fabregas, Nasri and/or Clichy, but not him, he seems very happy here and seems to think he owes us for all the time he's been injured.

Numeric
23-05-2011, 04:20 PM
that may be true but he's been carrying the team over the past few weeks

he may start to feel as though he's not going to win things at arsenal

Will
23-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Maybe he's too happy at Arsenal and that's part of the problem! I really don't see him going unless someone else makes the decision for him, but if he did go in the next few years it'd be for a high price.

Microdot
23-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Maybe he's too happy at Arsenal and that's part of the problem! I really don't see him going unless someone else makes the decision for him, but if he did go in the next few years it'd be for a high price.

If I had to choose one premiership player from another club, it would be Van Persie.
but, ARsenal would get £15mill for him max.
He's spent at least a third of each of the last 3 seasons missing through injury.

278d7e64a374de26f==