PDA

View Full Version : Paul Scholes Retires

Microdot
31-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Paul Scholes retires and takes Manchester United coaching role | Football | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/31/paul-scholes-retires-manchester-united)

Take a bow mate.

Paul Scholes has won every honour in the game that it's possible for an Englishman to win and has been praised by the following players as the best they've ever played against....

Rivaldo, (Goofy) Ronaldo, Iniesta, Zidane, Xavi, Del Piero..... to name but a few (legends).

And here's a sight to set the blood pumping of any Barcelona fans we may have on the forum...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/310699970.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306875728&Signature=WuKiBfvQdw5Vxn2do%2BTsHyO9ozo%3D

Use this thread to show your respect for the Ginger Prince.
Indisputably, the best English footballer of his generation and (almost) the last of a dying breed.

Or you can slag him off and expose yourself as a clueless cunt....the choice really is yours.

DarkYoung
31-05-2011, 11:44 PM
respect was a giant for england and no one could blast a goal into the back of the net like him thats for sure

blistanbul
01-06-2011, 12:54 AM
ginger minger.:rusmile:

good riddance the knobhead served his last duty.

won't have to look at his ugly mug any longer.

here is a question if he was so good:

how come he didn't experience any international glory on the national side?

secondly, how come he never took a chance playing aboard instead of playing for man u all the time?

would've like to see how he would've fared in other teams.

Microdot
01-06-2011, 01:55 AM
ginger minger.:rusmile:

good riddance the knobhead served his last duty.

won't have to look at his ugly mug any longer.

here is a question if he was so good:

how come he didn't experience any international glory on the national side?

secondly, how come he never took a chance playing aboard instead of playing for man u all the time?

would've like to see how he would've fared in other teams.

As usual, your post isn't really worth a response, so I'll just quote my OP.

Or you can slag him off and expose yourself as a clueless cunt....the choice really is yours.

ritaheed
01-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Loved Scholes! Such an intelligent football player, loved his style of play

Good on Utd for keeping him within the club, propa looking after their players :rurazz:

blistanbul
01-06-2011, 04:26 AM
microdot your respect-level to me is nose-diving.

this isn't red scum homepage is it?

if you want to pay a homage you should pursue that avenue.

however if you want a mature and frank discussion be my guest.

in order to be considered a great player you have to be great in big games.

show me where he shined on the international stage.

yes he accomplished a lot of things for his club but really fockk all for the national side.

so we can't consider him one of the best end of story.

i also would've like to see him play for a top italian and spanish team.

would've been interesting to see if the balloon deflation effect would've happened to him like Beckham.

Microdot
01-06-2011, 04:34 AM
microdot your respect-level to me is nose-diving.

your respect is worth nothing to me.

blistanbul
01-06-2011, 04:51 AM
your respect is worth nothing to me.

good to know:laughing2:.

enjoy your second finish medal in cl lad.

a mature discussion was had indeed.

Esox Lucius
01-06-2011, 11:13 AM
legend of the game, paul scholes he scores goals.

rhythmtech
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
normally not one for biggin up the scum but respect where its due for scholes..

tough lad who didnt hide from a tackle. seems a decent bloke too.

BloodStar
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
respect.

Microdot
01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Classic Scholes:-

Scholes VS Aston Villa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQXrMbArqSs)

ritaheed
01-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Ooooooooooft :rubiggrin:

basslinejunkie
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Scholes is class.the one Manc I always admired.for his football,and the fact he hated the limelight an just wanted to play football.

Dubious weather he is on a par with gerrard tho. Scholes couldn't tackle for shit.

Microdot
01-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Dubious weather he is on a par with gerrard tho. Scholes couldn't tackle for shit.

****ing hell mate, you must be on a wind up.
Only a scouser would put Gerrard in the same league as Scholes.

Gerrard is a good player, but not good enough to lace Scholes' boots for him.

blistanbul
02-06-2011, 01:31 AM
big money scholes scores for england:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/90993/90993,1266250686,1/stock-photo-arizona-desert-highway-46726168.jpg

Microdot
02-06-2011, 05:05 AM
This message is hidden because blistanbul is on your ignore list..

Numeric
02-06-2011, 10:21 AM

my fave scholes goal :yup:

an absolute legend of the game, one of the best footballers i have seen play in my lifetime, his passing is still absolutely incredible

you'll be missed ginger prince

Spacehopper
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
aye great player was Scholes! defo one of the best midfielders around in his hey day! a lot less mobile over the past few seasons but still some of his cross field passes this season have been superb! hopefully the start of the scums decline ;)

Richierush
14-06-2011, 03:02 AM
steven gerrard is more of a complete footballer to scholes,but you cant deny his quality.loved the ginge in an England shirt was gutted he quit early an had a good laugh through the years at scholes tacklin ability if you can call it that :laughing2:

Microdot
14-06-2011, 03:35 AM
steven gerrard is more of a complete footballer to scholes,but you cant deny his quality.loved the ginge in an England shirt was gutted he quit early an had a good laugh through the years at scholes tacklin ability if you can call it that :laughing2:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but, seriously, that is complete and utter bollocks of the highest order mate. I'm actually shocked that anyone, aside from the most deluded scousers, would even suggest it.

Gerrard's biggest fault is his attempts at being "the complete footballer".
Trying defence splitting passes that have little chance of reaching their target (and usually don't) when he should be keeping possession......
Trying to burst the back of the net instead of finding a team mate in a good position etc

What you mean is, Gerrard can tackle a bit better than Scholes.
Well, maybe so, but Scholes is better than Gerrard in every other department.
Passing, shooting, running with the ball, keeping possession, staying on his feet.......

Gerrard's a good player, but not in the same league as Scholes.
Never has been. Never will be.

Paul Scholes is/was the best English footballer of his generation, and one of the best of all time.

blistanbul
14-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Paul Scholes is/was the best English footballer of his generation, and one of the best of all time.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but, seriously, that is complete and utter bollocks of the highest order mate.

indeed microbrains.

Jake Conlon
14-06-2011, 08:25 AM
RIP Scholes.

Microdot
14-06-2011, 02:45 PM
He's got an autobiography coming out. I reckon that'll be a real hoot....

jan 8th Got up, went to work, played the game, got showered, went home
jan 15th Got up, went to work, played the game, got showered, went home
jan 22nd Got up, went to work, played the game, got showered, went home
jan 29th Got up, went to work, played the game, got showered, went home

Numeric
14-06-2011, 05:01 PM
:laughing2: i'll still read it

Will
14-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Scholes wasn't bas for a ginger cunt, but I'd hardly sat he was in a different league to Gerrard, and his tackling was attrocious.

I wonder what he'll put in his biography...

DarkYoung
14-06-2011, 08:37 PM

garbage

stevie gerrard is a lot better than scholes

Microdot
14-06-2011, 08:48 PM
garbage

stevie gerrard is a lot better than scholes

Coming from someone who reckoned Ronaldo's been "shit since he left United", in a season where he's scored 54 goals, I think we can take anything you say with a big fcuking truckful of salt pal.

Or we could take the opinion of someone who's only just decided what team he supports over that of the best footballers in the world, who all say Scholes is the best they've ever played against.

It's great that you enjoy the game and like to have an opinion son, but I'd leave the real football talk to those that know a bit about it.

Gerrard isn't good enough to lace Scholes' boots.

DarkYoung
14-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Coming from someone who reckoned Ronaldo's been "shit since he left United", in a season where he's scored 54 goals, I think we can take anything you say with a big fcuking truckful of salt pal.

Or we could take the opinion of someone who's only just decided what team he supports over that of the best footballers in the world, who all say Scholes is the best they've ever played against.

It's great that you enjoy the game and like to have an opinion son, but I'd leave the real football talk to those that know a bit about it.

Gerrard isn't good enough to lace Scholes' boots.

if you know something about football, sign up for next seasons fantasy football league.

if not stfu

Microdot
14-06-2011, 10:14 PM
if you know something about football, sign up for next seasons fantasy football league.

if not stfu

Don't tell me what to do, you little bitch.

DarkYoung
14-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Don't tell me what to do, you little bitch.

scared of getting your ass whipped on a weekly basis?

djfase
14-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Both players are quality, but you have to look at the comments from some of the other players in the world with regards to scholes. Everyone loved him.

As for gerrard, how well did liverpool do when he got injured?A lot better. The lad does try to overdo it.

blistanbul
15-06-2011, 12:37 AM
this guy microbrains have been sniffing too much glue.

undoubtedly scholes is a half-decent player, but one of the best ever?

fock off lad.

gerrard just a bit better tackler than him?

lol.

scholes never proved himself as an international player, he copped out early because he was just another overrated red scum midfielder and he knew there were plenty of those at the time just not good enough to compete with the big boys on the international stage.:)

Microdot
15-06-2011, 01:14 AM
scared of getting your ass whipped on a weekly basis?

You smoke too much crack son.
The only league I need to win is the "getting ****ed up whenever I like and not ever getting a job" league.
Season runs non stop Jan 1st to December 31st every year, and I've won it 22 years on the bounce.

Microdot
15-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Both players are quality, but you have to look at the comments from some of the other players in the world with regards to scholes. Everyone loved him.

As for gerrard, how well did liverpool do when he got injured?A lot better. The lad does try to overdo it.

In a Nutshell.

blistanbul
15-06-2011, 02:08 AM
The only league I need to win is the "getting ****ed up whenever I like and not ever getting a job" league.
Season runs non stop Jan 1st to December 31st every year, and I've won it 22 years on the bounce.

what fulfilling life you lead, what an inspiration to of us all!

:laugh2:

basslinejunkie
15-06-2011, 04:01 PM
In a Nutshell.

zidane has also said the same about gerrard not so long ago, and even ferguson described him as the most influencial player,bar non.

gerrard can/ does do everthing scholes can do,whilst also being a better athlete,a better tackler and faster.

ritaheed
15-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Scholes over Gerrard any day of the week!

blistanbul
16-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Scholes over Gerrard any day of the week!

who cares what you think halfwit.

they both failed england so i can care less.

gerard is a more accomplished player though.

the guy who has tendency to show up big or threaten to unlike ginger mut on big occasions.

Istanbul versus Milan ring a bell?

Microdot
16-06-2011, 05:03 AM
zidane has also said the same about gerrard not so long ago, and even ferguson described him as the most influencial player,bar non.

gerrard can/ does do everthing scholes can do,whilst also being a better athlete,a better tackler and faster.

His passing is not even close to Scholes'

Microdot
16-06-2011, 08:36 PM
:laughing2: i'll still read it

:D
me too mate.

You going the testimonial?

DarkYoung
16-06-2011, 08:48 PM
me too mate.

are you guys the warm up comedy act?

basslinejunkie
16-06-2011, 11:29 PM
His passing is not even close to Scholes'

corse it is.be interesting to see who has the most assists.............

ritaheed
17-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Haters......

DarkYoung
27-06-2011, 04:51 PM
corse it is.be interesting to see who has the most assists.............

Gerrard has 76, Paul Scholes 33

Richierush
28-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but, seriously, that is complete and utter bollocks of the highest order mate. I'm actually shocked that anyone, aside from the most deluded scousers, would even suggest it.

Gerrard's biggest fault is his attempts at being "the complete footballer".
Trying defence splitting passes that have little chance of reaching their target (and usually don't) when he should be keeping possession......
Trying to burst the back of the net instead of finding a team mate in a good position etc

What you mean is, Gerrard can tackle a bit better than Scholes.
Well, maybe so, but Scholes is better than Gerrard in every other department.
Passing, shooting, running with the ball, keeping possession, staying on his feet.......

Gerrard's a good player, but not in the same league as Scholes.
Never has been. Never will be.

mate your a manc arnt you?? im an evertonian an hate steven gerrard with a passion an would love nothin more than anythin to say scoles was better but im lookin at it as a football minded person.Steven Gerrard could be put in any position the pitch an do a quality job as if the position was his own,he's a player that can change a game at any time at either end of the pitch an important tackle or a goal or an assist,scoles was world class but the complete player he was not.steven gerrard is.

Microdot
28-06-2011, 01:10 AM
mate your a manc arnt you?? im an evertonian an hate steven gerrard with a passion an would love nothin more than anythin to say scoles was better but im lookin at it as a football minded person.Steven Gerrard could be put in any position the pitch an do a quality job as if the position was his own,he's a player that can change a game at any time at either end of the pitch an important tackle or a goal or an assist,scoles was world class but the complete player he was not.steven gerrard is.

You're the first person I've ever known, who isn't a Liverpool fan, who thinks Gerrard is even in the same league as Scholes.

Without exception, every other person I know, with an interest in football, can see that Scholes is head and shoulders above Gerrard.

That's fans of Leeds, Dundee Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Blackburn, Chelsea, Sunderland, Villa, Bolton, Newcastle, Barnsley, even City.
I don't listen to anything Arsenal fans say, those dudes are wired up all wrong somehow.

There's no way on earth Gerrard is the complete player either. He tries, but doesn't even come close.
His long passing is ****ing awful for a start.

He's a luxury player who gives possession away far too much, by looking for defence splitting passes that he's not capable of completing.

Microdot
28-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Gerrard has 76, Paul Scholes 33

Those don't sound very believable career stats dude.
If Scholes only had 33 assists in over 15 years, I doubt he'd be playing at the highest level.

DarkYoung
28-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Those don't sound very believable career stats dude.
If Scholes only had 33 assists in over 15 years, I doubt he'd be playing at the highest level.

i know hard to believe isn't it !?!

Official Site of the Premier League | Statistics (http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics)

search for assists for all seasons

Gerrard is 4th highest with 76 quite a respectable tally

Scholes is 39th has 33

Microdot
29-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Official Site of the Premier League | Statistics (http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics)

Scholes is 39th has 33

Most of United's assists tend to come from the wingers.
Pass completion rate is a more suitable stat tbh.
Though I can't see it as an option there.

Can't see an option for "dives" either...
No doubt Gerrard would have Scholes beat hands down on that one.

Although he's some way behind Scholes on the most important stat of all....Goals.
Scholes 102 from 465
Gerrard 84 from 386

with Gerrard being ahead slightly on goals per game (a stat which will drop off as Gerrard nears the end of his career).

Would be interesting to see how many actual minutes on the pitch those appearance stats would represent too, as Scholes has probably started a smaller percentage of his appearances than Gerrard (because of playing in a better team).

Shame they don't have a chance conversion stats page either.

DarkYoung
29-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Most of United's assists tend to come from the wingers.
Pass completion rate is a more suitable stat tbh.
Though I can't see it as an option there.

Can't see an option for "dives" either...
No doubt Gerrard would have Scholes beat hands down on that one.

sounds like sour grapes to me tbh

Microdot
29-06-2011, 07:12 PM
sounds like sour grapes to me tbh

What does?

I see you're not too quick on picking up on humour son.
Although, in all seriousness, it can't be denied Gerrard is a diver.

Why would there be sour grapes anyway?
I already pointed out Scholes is ahead on the 1 stat that really counts.
Goals.

DarkYoung
29-06-2011, 09:51 PM
What does?

I see you're not too quick on picking up on humour son.
Although, in all seriousness, it can't be denied Gerrard is a diver.

Why would there be sour grapes anyway?
I already pointed out Scholes is ahead on the 1 stat that really counts.
Goals.

lolz well as far as humour goes, slapstick was never my thing.

seriously tho, looks like Stevie will catch up on Scholes at some point, plus he won't walk out on England like that spoilt cunt did.

DarkYoung
29-06-2011, 09:57 PM
some other important statistics

Scholes makes the table with four red cards. Gerrard doesn't even get in the list.

Where yellow cards are concerned, he is fourth in the league with an outrageous tally of 89. Again Stevie doesn't even make the top 45.

Face it, he was an above average footballer protected by premier league refs, he was a thug most of the time.

He had a powerful shot and scored some good goals.

Gerrard is in another class entirely.

Microdot
30-06-2011, 02:53 AM
lolz well as far as humour goes, slapstick was never my thing.

seriously tho, looks like Stevie will catch up on Scholes at some point, plus he won't walk out on England like that spoilt cunt did.

You're a clueless cunt. You sound like a fcuking Talksport presenter or something with shite like that son.

Scholes extended his club career by about 3 years by not playing for the FA's joke of a team.

Club > Country every time.

Fuk England and **** England fans.

Everything about the England national team fills me with shame.
The FA, the coaching staff, the players and especially the fans.
England fans are the biggest cunts going. Singing "God Save The Queen", a celebration of our slavery, as a football chant is just the tip of the iceberg.
Proper shameful.

I'm bored with talking football with someone who thinks a player who scores 50+ goals in one season is shit.
I'm done on the subject. It's like trying to explain why Jimi Hendrix is better than Steve Vai.

You can fantasise about Stevie G and all the different positions he can play in all you want.
If that's what makes a world class player, John O'Shea must be the best in the world.

Microdot
30-06-2011, 02:59 AM
some other important statistics

Scholes makes the table with four red cards. Gerrard doesn't even get in the list.

Where yellow cards are concerned, he is fourth in the league with an outrageous tally of 89. Again Stevie doesn't even make the top 45.

Face it, he was an above average footballer protected by premier league refs, he was a thug most of the time.

He had a powerful shot and scored some good goals.

Gerrard is in another class entirely.

Scholes is dirty. (Gerrard actually has more Red cards than Scholes in fewer games)
Gerrard is a diver.

Scholes is a quiet family man.
Gerrard beats up DJs for playing the wrong music, then gets the taxpayer to pay £300,000+ for his legal expenses.

None of these facts have any bearing on who is the better football player.

You should work for a tabloid newspaper son.
All spin and no real substance to your posts.

DarkYoung
30-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Scholes is a quiet family man.

like giggs?

DarkYoung
30-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Everything about the England national team fills me with shame.
The FA, the coaching staff, the players and especially the fans.
England fans are the biggest cunts going. Singing "God Save The Queen", a celebration of our slavery, as a football chant is just the tip of the iceberg.
Proper shameful.

well i certainly am no monarchist, or republican. i don't celebrate to the crypto-jew monarchy in place in this country.

but i'll have a drink with the lads and watch the team without singing the National Anthem like some EDL thug.

but you'll watch man utd without any sense of irony or shame about what the glazers and the board of man utd have done?

and call me a clueless cunt?

as though i don't know who stevie vai is?

your more insecure than i thought.

sounds like you need some real friends around you, im worried your a bit depressed.

giz a call if you want to develop yourself sometime.

Numeric
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
me too mate.

yeah got my tickets sorted, looking forward to it :)

basslinejunkie
14-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Scholes is 39th has 33

I rest my case.

Numeric
15-07-2011, 07:03 AM
scholes >>>>>>>>>> gerrard :yup:

Will
17-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Let's not forget that Scholes has had much better players around him and played in a team that can play through the opposition rather than having to hit long balls into the forwards to avoid the move coming to nothing.

ritaheed
17-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Let's not forget that Scholes has had much better players around him and played in a team that can play through the opposition rather than having to hit long balls into the forwards to avoid the move coming to nothing.

Give it up eh.....

blistanbul
17-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Give it up eh.....

like your mums you focking numpty?:unibrow:

278d7e64a374de26f==